Why is does a controller's warranty only cover 90 days?

Discus and support Why is does a controller's warranty only cover 90 days? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been searching around to fix a problem where my Xbox One controller's right stick drifts up when playing a game, it's especially annoying on games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ImDaBebes, Aug 25, 2014.

1. ImDaBebes
    ImDaBebes Guest

I've been searching around to fix a problem where my Xbox One controller's right stick drifts up when playing a game, it's especially annoying on games that have the camera mapped onto it. This happened just after 6 months after the day of purchase and now
    I'm stuck having to getting it replaced or buying a new one which will either way require me to rack up $60 bucks. It's idiotic how I may have to replace it every few months because of Microsoft selling faulty controllers, and have to keep on paying for something
    that should last a long time to come. Is there any way around this? It's really aggravating and frustrating.

:)

ImDaBebes, Aug 25, 2014
  2. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    RT button clicks and won't work!

If you already updated the controller's firmware, either get a new one or get it replaced if under warranty (90 Days).

J3RS3Y DEVIL, Aug 25, 2014
  3. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    How is your Elite Controller holding up?

Makes me wish I was in Australia or that America would do something similar.

bloosuga, Aug 25, 2014
  4. nyteflier
    nyteflier Guest

nyteflier, Aug 26, 2014
  5. nyteflier Win User

6. Josh With Dosh Win User

Trying to return my controller

Hi there,

Sorry to hear your issue with you xbox controller.

You only get a 90 day warranty cover. So you are over that period, thats why your not able to return your controller.

Sorry for the bad news
  7. 1JayMax Win User

CONTROLLER DOWN

Controllers are covered with a 90 day warranty. Are they official or generic?
  8. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Elite Controller Rubber Grip - Coming Off Again

Controllers are only covered under a 12 month warranty in the UK. Replacement controllers get a 90 day warranty or what ever is left on your remaining warranty. There is no consumer law in the UK to cover a device over 6 years. You could argue that products
    are should be covered for a reasonable length of time and due to ware and tare on an accessories 12 months is fair
  9. Fulmster1219 Win User

Broken elite controller

Was the controller purchased in the last 90 days? If so, it maybe covered under warranty.
Thema:

1. Why is does a controller's warranty only cover 90 days? - Similar Threads - Why does controller's

2. Why does my Xbox one controller keep shutting off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one controller keep shutting off.: I recently bought a used xbox one and an extra controller. I turn on the controller which connects to the console but shuts off after about 3 minutes. I have replaced the batteries with brand new...
  3. Why does my Xbox keep losing connection to my controller and internet at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox keep losing connection to my controller and internet at the same time?: Hi, My console appears to have an intermittent fault whereby it will disconnect from the wireless controller and from the internet at the same time. Initially, from reading up, it was suggested...
  4. Why does a standard Xbox controller not have stick deadzone configuration?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does a standard Xbox controller not have stick deadzone configuration?: When the xbox elite controller came out i bought it straight away, Couple of months later it got stick drift but i was able to adjust the stick deadzone and fix it. That controller had its time...
  5. Why does the Xbox wireless elite series 2 controller not have a removable battery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox wireless elite series 2 controller not have a removable battery?: I am trying to figure out why the elite series 2 controller for the xbox doesn't have removable batteries. I enjoy being able to just change my battery pack to basically have a full charge without...
  6. Why does my controller turn off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller turn off: I recently plugged a keyboard and mouse into my xbox and it works great. The problem is that i can only plug my headphones into my controller to hear the game and after about 20m my controller...
  7. Why does my xbox disconnect from my controller and wifi at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox disconnect from my controller and wifi at the same time?: Everytime I'm about start playing multiplayer, it'll disconnect my wifi and controller bfa6bd69-1647-43b0-ae08-aa5035bcad0a
  8. Black Screen making MY Xbox One S USELESS! Why does Xbox Live control MY Xbox?? Can not do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen making MY Xbox One S USELESS! Why does Xbox Live control MY Xbox?? Can not do...: For Microsoft Xbox Live to be able to make MY Xbox, which I have purchased and all of MY games, that I have also purchased completely useless is beyond me! This is absolutely unacceptable and...
  9. Why does the elite controller keep breaking... specifically the left bumper

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the elite controller keep breaking... specifically the left bumper: It has broken 5 times and i am over it.. . 483ba08f-3313-4d14-8050-c9eae3e2a5e6
  10. Why does my controller keep switching players?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my controller keep switching players?: I have an Afterglow Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10. Every once in a while, it decides to switch to player 4. I've tried unplugging, removing it through Device Manager and nothing works...