Why is gamebar recording the browser at the background instead of the gameplay?

Discus and support Why is gamebar recording the browser at the background instead of the gameplay? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I tried to record a Roblox gameplay and instead of the game window it recorded the browser at the background. I have been successful in recording this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MEDG429, Aug 23, 2019.

1. MEDG429
    MEDG429 Guest

I tried to record a Roblox gameplay and instead of the game window it recorded the browser at the background. I have been successful in recording this game before but sometimes this happens and I only get to find out that I haven't recorded anything after
    I check the saved game capture video which shows a clip of the browser for 25 mins! I just want to know why this happens so I can avoid it moving forward.

:)

MEDG429, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Yes, and everything seems to be right. I tried to record the same game again and it worked this time. It kind of happens randomly but I was hoping there was an explanation to it so I can avoid it because its kind of frustrating not knowing if your
    gameplay is actually being captured.
    I would suggest making sure that the only things running are your game before you start the recording and see if it makes a difference also seed feedback about this through the game bar settings.
  3. MEDG429 Win User

Yes, and everything seems to be right. I tried to record the same game again and it worked this time. It kind of happens randomly but I was hoping there was an explanation to it so I can avoid it because its kind of frustrating not knowing if your gameplay
    is actually being captured.
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

5. Obsessive Power Win User

capture video with XBOX

The recorder in gamebar can only record the game when it's running. If you drop to the desktop, this won't be recorded.

If you want to record the desktop you'll need a dedicated third party application.

Is this what you're asking?
  6. Arminator Win User

Xbox gaming overlay: Recording isn't working, Error 2184327190

The recording feature probably has to grab the recording information from the hardware framebuffers of a real graphics card hardware.

The Gamebar probably doesn't work at all in a virtual environment.
Thema:

1. Why is gamebar recording the browser at the background instead of the gameplay? - Similar Threads - Why gamebar recording

2. Why was I comm banned?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why was I comm banned?: Some kid called me trash and I proceeded to tell him that he has no rank therefore he has no right to talk garbage and think he's better than everyone else. Shortly after I get a comm ban.... Why?...
  3. Why not add the first supreme commander backwards compatibility to Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why not add the first supreme commander backwards compatibility to Xbox one?: The first supreme commander that was released in 2007 was the best strategy game I played on xbox 360 if supreme commander 2 is backward compatibility to the Xbox one, why not the first one?...
  4. Why does the Xbox (beta) app use GPU?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the Xbox (beta) app use GPU?: As the title says, why is the app using my gpu for seemingly no reason? The only thing it's doing currently is being open, and having a paused download. I'm curious because I'm not sure I've seen...
  5. Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?: I brought my son a custom designlabs controller 10 months ago. Last night he said it was broken so I said no problem, it's a premium product and will be covered by warranty. I go online to find...
  6. Why must i pay again for owned games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i pay again for owned games: I uninstalled fable anniversary and it didnt show in my ready to install list. I assumed this was because it is in gamepass and was moved to that list for the time being. Then when i went to the...
  7. 為甚麼無法使用帳戶餘額付款 [Translate] Why can't you pay with your account balance?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    為甚麼無法使用帳戶餘額付款 [Translate] Why can't you pay with your account balance?: 為甚麼無法使用帳戶餘額付款 [Translate] Why can't you pay with your account balance? 3b50af12-2228-40e9-8dec-a0bd181e892b
  8. Received a suspension and don't know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Received a suspension and don't know why: I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and therefore wasn't on my computer for 3 weeks. I sent a brief message to my gift giving friends apologizing for not being able to send gifts to them and...
  9. Why am I not able to join clubs?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I not able to join clubs?: I asked why I wasn't able to join clubs a year ago and the answer was that I needed to be 18. Well, I'm 18 now and it still doesn't work. What's going on? d379d024-cfe3-4454-a5db-8a457c81c0ad
  10. Two Different File Sizes, Why? Add-Ons Do Not Come Close To Full Size Listed on Top

in XboX Insiders
    Two Different File Sizes, Why? Add-Ons Do Not Come Close To Full Size Listed on Top: [IMG] submitted by /u/SenileTomato [link] [comments]