Why is gamebar recording the browser at the background instead of the gameplay?

Discus and support Why is gamebar recording the browser at the background instead of the gameplay? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I tried to record a Roblox gameplay and instead of the game window it recorded the browser at the background. I have been successful in recording this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MEDG429, Aug 23, 2019.

1. MEDG429
    MEDG429 Guest

I tried to record a Roblox gameplay and instead of the game window it recorded the browser at the background. I have been successful in recording this game before but sometimes this happens and I only get to find out that I haven't recorded anything after
    I check the saved game capture video which shows a clip of the browser for 25 mins! I just want to know why this happens so I can avoid it moving forward.

:)

MEDG429, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Yes, and everything seems to be right. I tried to record the same game again and it worked this time. It kind of happens randomly but I was hoping there was an explanation to it so I can avoid it because its kind of frustrating not knowing if your
    gameplay is actually being captured.
    I would suggest making sure that the only things running are your game before you start the recording and see if it makes a difference also seed feedback about this through the game bar settings.
  3. MEDG429 Win User

Yes, and everything seems to be right. I tried to record the same game again and it worked this time. It kind of happens randomly but I was hoping there was an explanation to it so I can avoid it because its kind of frustrating not knowing if your gameplay
    is actually being captured.
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

5. Obsessive Power Win User

capture video with XBOX

The recorder in gamebar can only record the game when it's running. If you drop to the desktop, this won't be recorded.

If you want to record the desktop you'll need a dedicated third party application.

Is this what you're asking?
  6. Arminator Win User

Xbox gaming overlay: Recording isn't working, Error 2184327190

The recording feature probably has to grab the recording information from the hardware framebuffers of a real graphics card hardware.

The Gamebar probably doesn't work at all in a virtual environment.
Thema:

1. Why is gamebar recording the browser at the background instead of the gameplay? - Similar Threads - Why gamebar recording

2. Why 'Solitary Warfare' Could be a Game Changer for Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why 'Solitary Warfare' Could be a Game Changer for Xbox Series X: In 2001 Microsoft released the original Xbox along with Halo: Combat Evolved. This new console and 5 years later game call Gears Of War two games took the world by storm, and by the end of the...
  3. Why is Netflix Atmos Output at very different levels by Windows 10 PC and Xbox One into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Netflix Atmos Output at very different levels by Windows 10 PC and Xbox One into...: Both set up with Dolby access app - PC volume is around 10db quieter, however xbox is plagued by pops and other audio artifacts. Shouldn't the output be identical from the same app on same...
  4. why is my xbox showing that im using mouse an keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox showing that im using mouse an keyboard: Using hotspot on t mobile to connect. When i joined regiment in COD, player details is showing that im using mouse an keyboard. Will this buff my play?, using an Elite controller, is it just a...
  5. why is redeem points always not working?????

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is redeem points always not working?????: Fix this already! I‘M done spending on xbox if i cant spend my reward points i make!!! Fix the issue or give me back my money i spent it gets old! Then you fill out a support thing and it wont...
  6. Cannot download profile onto Xbox One backwards compatible games. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download profile onto Xbox One backwards compatible games. Why?: As i said i cannot download my profile onto games that are backwards compatible from the 360 to the One. I have tried to play "The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition" and "Battlefield...
  7. Why isn’t my Xbox Live working on a Backwards Compatibility game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn’t my Xbox Live working on a Backwards Compatibility game: So, I decided to buy a copy of RUSE for Xbox 360 and I knew it had many free dlcs so I wanted to log on and download my DLCs then I found out that my Xbox Live is disconnected. I tried everything...
  8. Might not be the place to ask, but why isn’t there an “in-software” way to clear cache?

in XboX Insiders
    Might not be the place to ask, but why isn’t there an “in-software” way to clear cache?: If I’m correct, it typically requires a forced shutdown. Or pulling the power cord? Why was it designed like that? submitted by /u/ThatsNotThePoint-__- [link] [comments]
  9. Why is there the option to disconnect from a match in DBD if you can get banned for it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there the option to disconnect from a match in DBD if you can get banned for it?: The subject line sums it up. In Dead By Daylight there's some sort of soft ban from the game on Xbox if you disconnect from matches. If they're going to block people from the game for...
  10. Why does Xbox one no good because it stops playing CDs after 4 or 5 hours max using disk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Xbox one no good because it stops playing CDs after 4 or 5 hours max using disk.: Oayed 675.00 for a system that wint play my gamed g payed probly 3 timed for wont play . Im gkad i had my PS4 PRO just sitting around. I had a xbox and xbox one and a s now a x wast of time and...