Why is Gears of War 5 sold and marketed in South Africa?

Discus and support Why is Gears of War 5 sold and marketed in South Africa? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, Gears of War 5 is being sold and marketed in South Africa, however, there are no local servers, making the multiplayer (Huge aspect of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Arcade Hustle, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Why is Gears of War 5 sold and marketed in South Africa?

Hi there,

Gears of War 5 is being sold and marketed in South Africa, however, there are no local servers, making the multiplayer (Huge aspect of the advertised product) unplayable, as the EU servers are too far away. We have pretty serious consumer protection agencies
    in SA who take these kinds of things seriously (EA's Titanfall 1 was initially pulled because of this.)

I've raised the issue with the The National Consumer Commission (NCC) (South Africa)

Are there any contacts from Microsoft who communications from the NCC can be forwarded to?

Thank you.

:)

Arcade Hustle, Sep 9, 2019
  2. denis97g Win User

Hi! I believe Microsoft will receive automatically a communication if it comes from an authority like the NCC or a protection agency.
  3. Grimmsel Win User

Unable to redeem Gears of War 1 gift code from Gears of War 4 preorder

Question: A "Gears of War 1" Code is attached to the Gears of War 4 boxed versions for the german market (The boxes with the gigantic red USK18 logos on the cover".

Why is Microsoft doing this, if the GoW 1 Code is not redeemable in Germany?
  4. penitent7angent Win User

GoW Ultimate Edition collection?

I have Gears of war 1, 3 and Judgment, but Gears of War 2 isn't available in my "ready to install" list, unlike the other items, I have looked at the Xbox Live Market place and Gears of War 2 just says "Bundle Only". I have bought and played Gears of War
    Ultimate Edition from Day one, so why is just Gears of War 2 missing?
  5. bowski477 Win User

banned from gears 3?

6. bowski477 Win User

cant play on line

Thema:

1. Why is Gears of War 5 sold and marketed in South Africa? - Similar Threads - Why Gears War

2. Why haven't I received the promotion codes for the 360 Gears of War collection?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why haven't I received the promotion codes for the 360 Gears of War collection?: I preordered the special edition Gears of War 4 Xbox One S 2TB and it was supposed to come with all this amazing stuff, namely the game itself, the season pass, and the 360 Gears of War...
  3. I Still Have Yet To Recieve Pre-Order DLC for Gears Of War 4? Why Is That?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I Still Have Yet To Recieve Pre-Order DLC for Gears Of War 4? Why Is That?: I Pre-Ordered Gears of War 4 October 1st And I have still been yet to receive the "Brothers to the End" and the Vintage Del Elite Gear Packs. What Gives? I was also Given the service request...
  4. Why am I missing my gears if war 3 and judgment codes?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why am I missing my gears if war 3 and judgment codes?: I pre-ordered the gears 4 console bundle and still haven't gotten my codes for gears 3 and judgment. I got the first 2 in a message but not the others. 5d87333e-68b7-45c6-9e6e-f0a23a00e4f1
  5. why can't i download gears of war 3 digital gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't i download gears of war 3 digital gift card: why can i not download gears of war 3 digital gift card cord ae4bd178-648d-435b-a1cc-5ddb336823bd
  6. Why can't I play Gears of War when I bought it in a bundle?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Gears of War when I bought it in a bundle?: I bought Gears of War 4 in an Xbox One S bundle and I have spent the past 5 hours downloading it and apparently, I don't own the rights to the game. It says it's ready to start, but when I press...
  7. I recieved Gears of war judgement for free, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recieved Gears of war judgement for free, why?: one day, i started my xbox one, and i saw that this game was ready to install, so i installed it, and its full, with multiplayer and free!! i want to know why? anyone recieved it too? i dont even...
  8. why in my shop of windows 10 doesnt appears gears of war 4 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why in my shop of windows 10 doesnt appears gears of war 4 ?: in my shop of windows 10 doesnt appears gears of war 4 461ccb9e-0b9d-4d07-a2dc-7b9eb0e0355a
  9. XBOX store (Hongkong) to buy the gears of war 4,Why not buy the first few after the exchange ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX store (Hongkong) to buy the gears of war 4,Why not buy the first few after the exchange ...: XBOX store (Hongkong) to buy the gears of war 4, Why not buy the first few after the exchange code? dae70c4c-3bcc-426d-a76c-18386aa9aa6a
  10. why?? the gears of war (1 and 3) code dont working, they comed with the pack on gears of war 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    why?? the gears of war (1 and 3) code dont working, they comed with the pack on gears of war 4: Buy the game and I brought with me a card with the download codes of the previous games of the saga, but when trying to use them I only function two of them I could not download the GOW 1 AND 3....