Why is it nearly impossible to get help?

Discus and support Why is it nearly impossible to get help? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I looked for over an hour for a way to file a complaint, but this was the closest I could get. I know this probably isn't the place, but I work two... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SilenceMangrum, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Why is it nearly impossible to get help?

I looked for over an hour for a way to file a complaint, but this was the closest I could get. I know this probably isn't the place, but I work two jobs I don't have 8 hours to spend looking for some obscure link to submit a complaint so here it is. I would
    be nicer but you (Microsoft) have wasted WAY WAY WAY
    WAY
    too much of my extremely limited time already!

I don't know why I ever bothered defending Microsoft at this point.

Every single time I have a problem I can never get a lick of help that actually helps. I have encountered a crippling error every single time I don't drop everything and update my Xbox instantly. Even though what I want to do requires no internet connection.
    All I've wanted to do each time is watch an [Mod Removed - Profanity] DVD so no, I do NOT want to wait 30+ minutes for the daily/hourly update Microsoft feels is absolutely vital. After all people don't want entertainment they just want to
    spend their extremely limited free time staring at a silent black update screen, right? That certainly seems to be the view held by those who work at the company. Every single time I get an "oh, we can't actually update your xbox so you want watch RoosterTeeth
    shows on a bigger screen so here's an error code go look it up" well I really want to watch the new season of one of my favorite shows so I suck it up and go try to find out what the heck is wrong. It's definitely not my network connection I know for a fact
    that is working perfectly. And low and behold! The error code I was given does not exist. Here talk to a computer more mind-numbingly stupid than the dumbest creature you have ever encountered. Oh, they can't help you? Well too bad! No new season for you anytime
    soon. [Mod Removed - see Guidelines] There are no humans to talk to. Technically you could talk to another lay person such as yourself, but how could they possibly help you with a problem we say doesn't exist? They can't, but hey, we can say we care without
    actually caring because technically speaking there is someone you can talk to, they just can't help you and we all know it, lol! Seriously! This is NOT the first time. AND BEFORE YOU GET ALL
    [Mod Removed - Profanity] WITH ME! YES!! I DID READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND I
    DO KNOW THE FIRST TWO CHARCTERS ARE MEANINGLESS AND ONLY TO TYPE IN THE FOLLOWING 8 INTO THE SEARCH BAR! Because apparently the other ten-thousand characters in the error code are meaningless to. They are just another tactic used to trick people
    into thinking you people have any intention of helping.

I COULDN'T EVEN FIND A WAY TO COMPLAIN!!!!!!!

I looked for OVER AN HOUR and this was the closest I could find to submitting a formal complaint.

I am so incredibly irate that I can hardly even type, part of my $60 controller is damaged and my xbox one now has permanent dent and scuff because I became so livid to the point that I smashed my controller into the front of my xbox because all I wanted
    to was watch season 6 of RWBY on something bigger than my tiny laptop screen, but
    [Mod Removed - see Guidelines] I can't. Why? Because it is absolutely impossible to get help when the Microsoft team can't figure out a simple software update. Seriously?! It feels like you people make a new xbox update 7 times a day. How have
    you not figured out how to get them to download properly yet? Or are you just trying to make people so sick of you that Apple actually starts to look like it would be less miserable to deal with? Because I am just about there. I am just about to the point
    where I would be willing to give up PC gaming because a MAC would be way better than ever dealing with Microsoft again. Halo is amazing, but not amazing enough to put up with an xbox anymore. Or ever again, it's time to pawn the
    [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] piece of junk of to some poor sucker.

:)

SilenceMangrum, Sep 2, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi SilenceMangrum,

Thanks for taking the time to post about this issue on the Xbox Forums. To address the issue with updating the Xbox console, the updates are sent out periodically in order to keep the firmware of the OS in the best possible shape for performance and
    to prevent any discrepancy between the builds of the OS and any games or apps that may be used on the console.
    Should you primarily be
    using your console in offline mode
    , then you would likely miss some of the updates (which can eventually cause some usage issues) and once you do try to update the console after taking it into online mode, it can result in them taking a bit of time to complete.

Watching movies (offline) from dvds/blu-ray discs (and some newer game discs) does require frequent updates to the

Blu-ray Player app
    as many discs are now being manufactured using BluRay technology for enhanced graphics. Due to this, the need to update the apps is crucial for the performance of the console in properly reading discs.

Should you ever receive any error codes or messages in relation to system updates (or games & apps for that matter), we do have a few options for self-service troubleshooting that one can try on their own if unable (or unwilling) to contact Xbox Support
    directly. If you're receiving errors in relation to your system (usually begins with an "E"), then you'll want to troubleshoot using our
    Xbox One Startup Error Solution.Any other type of error codes can be
    looked up using our Error & Status Code Searchfor troubleshooting steps.

If you're receiving an error code that you're unable to find online, then it would be best to contact Xbox Support by either requesting a call back or engaging in a chat as our Ambassadors have previously recommended. Once you're speaking with
    them, they may be able to offer alternative troubleshooting steps to follow as compared to those available online via the support pages. Below are the steps to get in touch with Xbox Support:

• Scroll down, Click on Contact Us
    • Step 2 : Select a Category, then See other options
    • Step 3 : Select your Issue/Topic
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select – Call me back or chat with Xbox Support

If you do not see the selection that you wish to use for contact, then switch topics until it becomes available as the selections may change from time to time.

Lastly, I'd like to ask you to adhere to the
    Xbox Forums Guidelines
    when posting here on the forums, specifically regarding language usage and the content of your post:

4) Do not post or use profanity or any creative form of bypassing the word filters. Even if it’s ****** don’t post it.

9) Please do not have a large percentage of your posts that are only negative rants against anything Microsoft, Xbox, or the membership. This is a form of trolling that only inflames the community
    and incites more flaming and abusive posts.

Since there is no further resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns (or wish to do some further troubleshooting) feel free to come back to the
    Xbox forum (Do not repost the same question or thread as that would violate the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines).

Thanks again for posting in the forums and happy gaming.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I feel for you man!

I read your narrative more than twice, to determine what error you are experiencing with the console, and couldn't.

If you provide a little more detail of the issue, you never know, when all seems lost you may have reached out to a wealth of information that is volunteered.
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

For information on contacting customer support, try this link

Contact Support

With regards to your specific issue with the console, if you give more specific details, such as exactly what you are trying to do, and any error codes etc that you receive, we may be able to at least point you in the right direction.
  6. Golden Subz Win User

You got to remember your not the only person who needs help a lot of people do

you just need to have some Patience first
Thema:

1. Why is it nearly impossible to get help? - Similar Threads - Why nearly impossible

2. Why not add the first supreme commander backwards compatibility to Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why not add the first supreme commander backwards compatibility to Xbox one?: The first supreme commander that was released in 2007 was the best strategy game I played on xbox 360 if supreme commander 2 is backward compatibility to the Xbox one, why not the first one?...
  3. Why does the Xbox (beta) app use GPU?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the Xbox (beta) app use GPU?: As the title says, why is the app using my gpu for seemingly no reason? The only thing it's doing currently is being open, and having a paused download. I'm curious because I'm not sure I've seen...
  4. Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?: I brought my son a custom designlabs controller 10 months ago. Last night he said it was broken so I said no problem, it's a premium product and will be covered by warranty. I go online to find...
  5. Why must i pay again for owned games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i pay again for owned games: I uninstalled fable anniversary and it didnt show in my ready to install list. I assumed this was because it is in gamepass and was moved to that list for the time being. Then when i went to the...
  6. 為甚麼無法使用帳戶餘額付款 [Translate] Why can't you pay with your account balance?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    為甚麼無法使用帳戶餘額付款 [Translate] Why can't you pay with your account balance?: 為甚麼無法使用帳戶餘額付款 [Translate] Why can't you pay with your account balance? 3b50af12-2228-40e9-8dec-a0bd181e892b
  7. Why is it so hard (nearly impossible) to change the E-mail linked to a gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it so hard (nearly impossible) to change the E-mail linked to a gamertag?: When i created my xbox live account i accidentally did it with an outlook.com mail. I want to change the e-mail address to my hotmail account, but that one also has an xbox live gamertag assigned....
  8. Why is my XBONE requiring 400 MB update nearly every other day.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my XBONE requiring 400 MB update nearly every other day.: It seems like my XBONE needs an update nearly every other day. Its getting ridiculous. Are there that many bugs being fixed? Would it be possible to just do it once a week?...
  9. Why are the forums showing nearly everyone as Silver members?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the forums showing nearly everyone as Silver members?: Lately I have noticed that everyone is showing up as silver members (zero stars, zero gamer score, no custom gamer picture). Is this only me that's seeing this? 562b1f0f-195a-4dea-b07b-05fc86ed08e8
  10. Why does Xbox One Repair take nearly a month?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Xbox One Repair take nearly a month?: This isn't me bashing microsoft. I'm just generally curious. Sending my console off on the 30th and not having it back until (projected) the 26th is a little bit ridiculous. I really don't think...