Why is it so hard (nearly impossible) to change the E-mail linked to a gamertag?

Discus and support Why is it so hard (nearly impossible) to change the E-mail linked to a gamertag? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i created my xbox live account i accidentally did it with an outlook.com mail. I want to change the e-mail address to my hotmail account, but that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SolidSalmon1629, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Why is it so hard (nearly impossible) to change the E-mail linked to a gamertag?

When i created my xbox live account i accidentally did it with an outlook.com mail. I want to change the e-mail address to my hotmail account, but that one also has an xbox live gamertag assigned. You can't erase a GT just like that, even though you created
    it and you're never gonna use it again, So what i need to do is:

1.- Move the Gamertag from my Hotmail account to another one to leave it "empty"

2.- Move My gamertag from the accidentally created outlook account to MY hotmail account.

So far that's ok, i understand why, but then the process of moving a GT is freacking impossible! Supposedly, it was only "doable" from an xbox 360, and so i plugged my old console, finally managed to find the option, and now it says it can't be done and
    throws an error code (which i don't remember right now), but then you google the code and there's no solution. WHAT CAN I DO MICROSOFT? ALL I WANT IS TO HAVE MY GT ATTACHED TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS I ALWAYS USE AND GET RID OF THE ONE I DON'T.

:)

SolidSalmon1629, Nov 2, 2016
  2. SlenderZyg0t
    SlenderZyg0t Guest
    Changing Live-ID associated with gamertag w/o a xbox360?

I tried it, and this Dutch message appears: Het is niet mogelijk het e-mailadres gekoppeld aan je Microsoft-account te wijzigen Translated: It's impossible to change the e-mail linked to your MS-account.

I'll just try to get hold of someone with an xbox I suppose

SlenderZyg0t, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Hailoin
    Hailoin Guest
    Just changed my E-mail but can't use the old one to change E-mail on another Xbox account.

Like that title says, I've changed the E-mail of some secondary Xbox account to some crappy E-mail that I don't use, since the secondary account had my primary E-mail. But now I want to replace my old E-mail which is linked to my primary Xbox live account
    with my new primary E-mail but I can't. Is it because I need to wait for the change to happen ? What I also find weird is that I can stil log into this account with my Previous linked E-mail and the newly linked E-mail. I hope I just need to wait for some
    time for the changes to go in effect ?

Hailoin, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Why is it so hard (nearly impossible) to change the E-mail linked to a gamertag?

Hey there SolidSlamon1629!

To check, are you waiting 30 days between each change? Unfortunately, you do need to wait 30 days in order to move between MSAs in order to prevent users from accessing your account and instantly changing to a different MSA. Keep us in the loop!

Mister Maka, Nov 3, 2016
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there SolidSlamon1629!

To check, are you waiting 30 days between each change? Unfortunately, you do need to wait 30 days in order to move between MSAs in order to prevent users from accessing your account and instantly changing to a different MSA. Keep us in the loop!
  6. SlenderZyg0t Win User

Changing Live-ID associated with gamertag w/o a xbox360?

I tried it, and this Dutch message appears: Het is niet mogelijk het e-mailadres gekoppeld aan je Microsoft-account te wijzigen Translated: It's impossible to change the e-mail linked to your MS-account.

I'll just try to get hold of someone with an xbox I suppose
  7. WPAK Win User

xbox 360 mail adresini değiştirmek istiyorum.

Web translation:

I want to change the xbox 360 mail address.

Hello;

I own an xbox 360. I had previously opened a profile with a mail address, but I forget the password of this e-mail address and access to this e-mail address is impossible to change with my new e-mail address, but I want to change
    the password of the old and unreachable e-mail address.
    I request urgent help

Response:

Hi there,

when you lost access to an account the best thing to try are the steps mentioned on this link:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/lost-password-solution

It will have all the steps available to try and recover your account.

You might have to contact Xbox Support, but if that is the case it will be mentioned at the time on the troubleshooting page.

Let us know the results
  8. BlandFiber2582 Win User

Changing a gamertag to a different Microsoft account from Windows

Hi, this is the exact same problem I have due to testing out Windows 8.

To use your example, I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to delete the gamertag off *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** so that I can change the Live account associated with the gamertag I want to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to delete a gamertag?!! Considering it was autogenerated and created for me in seconds, it's near on impossible to get rid of :(
  9. Lillithvain Win User

“Sorry, we can’t change your Microsoft account right now“ ERROR

By "change your account"... you mean change the primary e-mail address linked to your gamertag?
Thema:

1. Why is it so hard (nearly impossible) to change the E-mail linked to a gamertag? - Similar Threads - Why hard nearly

2. Why isn't my External Hard Drive Working with My Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my External Hard Drive Working with My Xbox?: I recently bought a 2 TB storage device to be able to have my storage on my xbox. I got it and then plugged it into the back of the xbox and got an error code (0x80bd003b) saying that the device...
  3. Why is the Xbox app still terrible and hardly ever working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the Xbox app still terrible and hardly ever working?: The Xbox pc app is still awful. Often won’t download games. When I do finally get them installed, some time later, I get “this app can’t open” and have to re-install. I pay good money for game...
  4. Why is to so damn hard to install a game through Game Pass on PC?! Getting stuck at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is to so damn hard to install a game through Game Pass on PC?! Getting stuck at...: Why is it so hard to actually use Game Pass on PC? Why do I have to stuff around for HOURS to figure out what I need to do to get a game to install? Why do I have to try putting commands into...
  5. Why doesn't the xbox app ON PC recognise my second hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't the xbox app ON PC recognise my second hard drive?: In the settings it's visible under select default storage but if I go to install a game, it only gives me my C: drive as an option. I have tried reinstalling everything,...
  6. why is support so hard on this site?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why is support so hard on this site?: How do i contact microsoft directly? I have an issue im not sure this forum can help with. Trying to sign my child's profile in on xbox one s and it keeps giving a "there's a problem with your...
  7. Why is it so hard to contact someone at Microsoft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it so hard to contact someone at Microsoft?: I need to speak to someone other than a bot at Microsoft but you dont make it possible? I think I have been overcharged for my xbox subscription, it comes out the 8th of each month, however I can...
  8. Why is some of my pin art not showing for several games? Tried rebooting, hard reset,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is some of my pin art not showing for several games? Tried rebooting, hard reset,...: Some of the pin art is missing on my pins on XBox Series X suddenly. No rhyme or reason to which ones, either. Pins are still there, art refuses to display for several games suddenly. Tried...
  9. Controller issue - Why is it so hard to speak to someoone at microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller issue - Why is it so hard to speak to someoone at microsoft: I have tried to send the XBOX one controller back via warranty and it keeps crashing and logging me out as i get to the last part with my shipping address, I cant speak to anyone and the chat is...
  10. Why is it so hard to get a return shipping label?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it so hard to get a return shipping label?: I was one of the "lucky" ones who's pre-ordered Series X was borked out of the box. MS was kind enough to process an advanced exchange for me. Device was shipped out on Monday, and I received it...