Why is it so [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] difficult to buy gift cards from other regions?

Discus and support Why is it so [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] difficult to buy gift cards from other regions? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don't get it. It's like MS doesn't want money anymore. Why can't I use a US paypal/credit card on the microsoft store to buy Xbox gift cards (or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NoWifeDGenerate, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Why is it so [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] difficult to buy gift cards from other regions?

I don't get it. It's like MS doesn't want money anymore. Why can't I use a US paypal/credit card on the microsoft store to buy Xbox gift cards (or games directly) in Yen/NZ$/AU$, etc? Play-asia and ebay don't even have Yen codes anymore. It's ridiculous.
    Sucking all the convenience out of digital purchasing. It makes no sense. I use the same Amazon account with the same credit card to order DVDs from all over the world, and the international Amazon sites have no problem converting currency to take my money.

:)

NoWifeDGenerate, Aug 29, 2019
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Why is it so [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] difficult to buy gift cards from other regions?

You're comparing Microsoft to the movie industry, and to PS4. Not sure what you want here?

So, Microsoft is being more proactive in comforming to international laws and purchases across regions? 😊🤷‍♀️
  3. NoWifeDGenerate Win User

Yet, I have no problem finding YEN cards for PSN, which I did earlier this week. It's only Xbox that's difficult to get foreign cards for. More like it's not popular enough in those countries for anyone to bother selling codes and MS is being
    [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] about selling directly.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi NoWifeDGenerate,

Thanks for asking this question here on the Xbox forums. As the Ambassadors have stated, region limitations do exist for multiple reasons, mainly due to the availability of certain games or items in different regions due to governmental rules and/or currency
    type or conversion. This is a business practice that Microsoft has adopted based on different regions to provide the correct products for each region and to stay within the laws/regulations of each region since many times they differ greatly around the globe.

In regard specifically to purchasing, balances are not converted from one currency to another and when purchasing your billing address must also match the region that you're making the purchase in, so if this doesn't match up with the locale, you
    won't be able to purchase. This is stated in our support article entitled Xbox One locales FAQ.

Since there is no further resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forum (Do not repost the same question or
    thread as that would violate the Xbox Forum Guidelines).

Happy gaming.
  5. NoWifeDGenerate Win User

It's not Microsoft that decides this. It's the rules and laws of the country, The government makes the decisions regarding this. That's why regional rules exist in the first place. Each country has it's own set of rules and taxes.
    No, it's not. You have no idea what you're talking about. Like I said, I can literally sign into the same Amazon account on the UK, Japan,. etc Amazon website and order DVDs games on disc, or whatever. No
    [Mod Removed - see guidelines] problem. Yet, MS restricts their gift card sales.
  6. choppyseize Win User

It's not Microsoft that decides this. It's the rules and laws of the country, The government makes the decisions regarding this. That's why regional rules exist in the first place. Each country has it's own set of rules and taxes.
Thema:

1. Why is it so [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] difficult to buy gift cards from other regions? - Similar Threads - Why Mod Removed

2. why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed...: why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed profanity] problem 899ee2cb-a9a5-42f4-93dd-4592b94a321d
  3. why deleted my post on the (Mod Removed) team?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why deleted my post on the (Mod Removed) team?: Эwhat to do to punish them? (Mod Removed - Inappropriate) 038a5caf-ef25-4aa6-abbd-e2a47ef6c703
  4. Why do i get banned for calling someone a [Mod Removed - Profanity] . But he can team kill a 7 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i get banned for calling someone a [Mod Removed - Profanity] . But he can team kill a 7 ...: Ok i get that i swore, and even though i didnt actually call him it directly just used in the sentence, i receive an instant comms banned. Yet when i have proof of him team killing nothing...
  5. Why the [Mod Removed - Profanity] does my Xbox account keep doing this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why the [Mod Removed - Profanity] does my Xbox account keep doing this?: I went to try to change my offline xbox 360 account (which on Halo Reach had 5000000+ credits that i reduced down to around 200 or so credits) to an online account. I had specifically reduced my...
  6. Why is the XBL app on windows 10 such a useless [Mod Removed - Profanity] bloatware program?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the XBL app on windows 10 such a useless [Mod Removed - Profanity] bloatware program?: Last couple of days have had my gaming interrupted due to this [Mod Removed - Profanity] app logging out due to XBL being as [Mod Removed - Profanity] as the PSN. 11992bb1-55b1-45b9-a143-6644cae3b64e
  7. why does Mahjong not log in?? Microsoft (Mod. Remove)

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does Mahjong not log in?? Microsoft (Mod. Remove): now after most of the AM solitaire logs on buyt now Mahjong does not even though I am logged on to Solitaire. You guys have changed something and not checked it out as usual....
  8. Why the actual [Mod Removed] was my gamertag changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why the actual [Mod Removed] was my gamertag changed?: My old gamertag was [Mod Removed], a semi OG that is not offensive, it is not an abbreviation, it is a random arrangement of letters.. it is now How was [Mod Removed]against code of conduct?...
  9. Why do i pay for this [Mod Removed], always problems with XBL.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i pay for this [Mod Removed], always problems with XBL.: why do i pay for this, always problems with XBL. 739c7468-6765-4f8b-8635-1d078c61d78b
  10. Why did [Mod removed] get suspended?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did [Mod removed] get suspended?: Everything was fine yesterday but today he was suspended. Can anybody on Xbox live staff answer this!?! 259e1034-e85e-4382-927d-c41e5355da94