Why is my brand new Xbox One S not playing compatible 360 games?

Discus and support Why is my brand new Xbox One S not playing compatible 360 games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I had bought a brand new Xbox One S, and I went to play my 360 copy of "Left 4 Dead 2". The screen popped up saying "Sorry, this game isn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WowBowow, Sep 16, 2020.

1. WowBowow
    WowBowow Guest

So I had bought a brand new Xbox One S, and I went to play my 360 copy of "Left 4 Dead 2". The screen popped up saying "Sorry, this game isn't compatible. Choose something else, or try the disc on a different model of Xbox console." So I looked at the compatibility
    list, and both Left 4 Dead 1&2 is on there. I tried every Xbox 360 game I had that was also on the list and none of them work.

:)

WowBowow, Sep 16, 2020
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there WowBowow,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to deal with this issue. I can totally understand how this could be pretty discouraging. I suggest trying a

soft factory reset
    of the console keeping your games & apps.

When you get the chance, give that a shot and let us know if that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  3. Dan and MissSprague Win User

Xbox one not reading g 360 disc

Yes they are compatible it black ops and black ops 2 both brand new disc and work in a 360 just fine my xbox one reads and plays all xbox one disc and blu Ray's and 4k movies but will not read or play dvd movies or 360 backward compatible games I've done
    system updates online and offline updates I've soft reset and hard reset and I've factory reset also and have no luck dont understand why it can read all disc except dvd and 360
  4. gafortiby Win User

Repair services no longer offered???

I have the same "Repair services no longer offered" message on my brand new xbox 360 S. anyone know why I am getting this message??
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox backwards compatibility

To play original Xbox games on your Xbox 360 you will need a Microsoft brand hard drive. No other brand of hard drive will allow you to play backwards compatible games on Xbox 360. The Microsoft brand hard drive has the files needed to emulate the original
    xbox to play those backwards compatible games - you can't get this on any other brand of hard drive.

The help page I'm looking for seems to be deleted but I have found this one:
    https://support.xbox.com/games/backward-compatibility/play-original-xbox-games-on-xbox-360
  6. IdMudus Win User

Backward compatibility region locked?

Hi guys,

Yup, I agree with that, it is definitely a region availability,

But since Xbox One have not a region locking, why the Xbox 360 backward compatible games still have this?

And if I had that game on Xbox 360, but last year was not backward compatible with my One S so I cannot play it on One S, this not mean that the game is available in my region too?

It was available to buy for Xbox 360, why should be not available for Xbox One S too?

This is kind of frustrating.

Anyway, I really appreciate your answers, and I hope that someone on Microsoft will think about my concern. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one that have the same issue.

Thank again.
Thema:

1. Why is my brand new Xbox One S not playing compatible 360 games? - Similar Threads - Why brand playing

2. Why won't my xbox one install Call of Duty: Black Ops 3?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox one install Call of Duty: Black Ops 3?: My Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Disc is not dirty but clean. It does not suffer any form of damage. My xbox one keep stop installing the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 after is start installed it for few...
  3. Why is Microsoft so cheap and can’t make a decent 200$ controller that lasts more then half...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Microsoft so cheap and can’t make a decent 200$ controller that lasts more then half...: Just want to pay to fix this stupid controller. Had it for less then half a year with hardly any hours on it and the left stick completely doesnt work. 200$ for quality less then a normal...
  4. Why can't we use Xbox Store while streaming on Android?

in XboX Insiders
    Why can't we use Xbox Store while streaming on Android?: Just wondering... submitted by /u/SlowCrocodile [link] [comments]
  5. Why did my brand new Xbox One X suddenly start freezing/bricked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my brand new Xbox One X suddenly start freezing/bricked?: Hi i recently bought an xbox one x,i have been playing it flawlessly until last night when it froze and booted me out of call of duty modern warfare. Now i cant do anything on the console. Ive...
  6. Why does the Xbox One S heat up like a BBQ when they are Brand New or Old Consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the Xbox One S heat up like a BBQ when they are Brand New or Old Consoles?: Why is every brand new Xbox One I buy really really warm when I touch it just after a few moments that it was turned on? I mean you can cook Burgers on this console if you wanted to....
  7. Why is billedchip71 on the brand new 360 xbox system I purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is billedchip71 on the brand new 360 xbox system I purchased: I purchased a brand new xbox 360 with Kinect or what was advertised as new. Box came opened and system had been removed from plastic wrap. I contacted the company I purchased it from and asked...
  8. Why won't games update on our brand new xbox one s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't games update on our brand new xbox one s?: We have a brand new xbox one s console. The system is installed and updated. The game is installed but it will not update. Please help! 2304df46-8961-4d39-b0d3-71cf9875b124
  9. why no media? - waiting to do something with this brand new console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why no media? - waiting to do something with this brand new console: Purchased Titanfall bundle this week and was anxious to spend some quality time playing the game on my day off. Cracked open the bundle last night, hooked everything up, and let it update...
  10. why the **** can't my brand new xbox one do it's very first out of the box start up update ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why the **** can't my brand new xbox one do it's very first out of the box start up update ?: I have a brand new never been used xbox one that will not do it's very first straight out of the box start up update, I have tried offline up dates through the usb drive that didn't work, I don't...