Why is my dashboard vertical?

Discus and support Why is my dashboard vertical? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So im actually at a loss with xbox atm. Im not going to pretend i fund ms but ive given them a good percentage of my income. For this i have a console... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Callum Clark 91, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Why is my dashboard vertical?

So im actually at a loss with xbox atm. Im not going to pretend i fund ms but ive given them a good percentage of my income. For this i have a console that pretends to have customization options. I have been forced to have a vertical dashboard with no option
    to change it, i checked im not in preview and my console was set as someone elses home so signed into their acc and removed my console from preview via this acc, reset xbox and DASHBOARD STILL VERTICAL. Wth. So going through the options to try and change this
    i realise my "transparent tiles" are only trnasparent if xbox sees fit, so for example if they want to slam an advert at me then its a solid tile even tho MY PERSONAL TILES are transparent.... what a joke. So i thought id come to the forums to post even though
    xbox do nothing about the posts that do gain attention so were probably not going to get a fix, just a case of what xbox want your dash to look like not actually let you customize. Its actually a joke and after 5+ years on xbox i have made the move to pc and
    im definatly not buying another xbox. I was a huge fan but the small things that get overlooked for literally years is just too much now. Thanks ms for ruining my dash and not giving me the option to change it.

:)

Callum Clark 91, Feb 2, 2020
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You paid for a subsidized piece of hardware, and part of what pays for that is advertisements. A console is not a PC. If you want an experience where you’re 100% in control, then that’s where you should do your gaming.

Ad deals are signed with certain guarantees of exposure. While it might be possible in the future for them to offer some kind of Kindle style buyout, or ad free tier of gold, they have not decided to do so at this time
  3. wolfheart517 Win User

I had never heard that, you could upload a photo
  4. Albert X Win User

The vertical dashboard with up and down scrolling is bow the official dashboard. I do agree that backgrounds are now pretty much worthless as it can't be appreciated. Best thing to do is provide feedback.
  5. Callum Clark 91 Win User

Support? So i can repeat the steps ive already done and power cycle for no apparent reason.
  6. MonjaJozef Win User

No one here sand no one in Microsoft is not trying to harm your Xbox in any way. In your place I would be contacting support

here.

Like all of the community, we want to help and wish you the best of luck.
Thema:

1. Why is my dashboard vertical? - Similar Threads - Why dashboard vertical

2. Why can't I remove all the shortcuts on my xbox 1 dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I remove all the shortcuts on my xbox 1 dashboard?: When I log into my xbox I don't want to see all the shortcut tiles on the screen. I just want to see my background picture. To launch a game I want to hit the xbox button to pull up a menu and...
  3. Why do my Xbox one s dashboard keep freezing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do my Xbox one s dashboard keep freezing: Why does my xbox one s keep freezing wont let me move or do anything on dashboard fa40065a-bcce-42ab-89b8-b087ae8fdf45
  4. Text bug in dashboard; why Xbox Team doesn't fix them

in XboX Insiders
    Text bug in dashboard; why Xbox Team doesn't fix them: Hi guys, I've joined the Insider program more than for years ago and now I'm wondering why some text bug in dashboard all still there. I've reported a cut off in a text in the store a year ago,...
  5. Was there a reason why it went back to the old dashboard? I was actually liking the new one.

in XboX Insiders
    Was there a reason why it went back to the old dashboard? I was actually liking the new one.: [IMG] submitted by /u/austindlawrence [link] [comments]
  6. Why isn’t the new dashboard 4K ?

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn’t the new dashboard 4K ?: So I’ve got the new dashboard and I have to say I love the new layout! Simple, clean, and so much more responsive than the last iteration. I do have to ask though, why is the dashboard still only...
  7. Why can't i have the same dashboard as Xbox 360 on my Xbox one s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't i have the same dashboard as Xbox 360 on my Xbox one s: I dont mean just on 360 games i mean i want my Xbox one s layout to look just like Xbox 30 but with all the new stuff supported it would look the same just a bit more settings would be there like...
  8. Why does my 360 dashboard say “Play Xbox one”. Arggg what does it all mean?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my 360 dashboard say “Play Xbox one”. Arggg what does it all mean?: On my 360 there is something that appears in the dashboard somewhere and says “play on xbox one”. Please fill me in I am newly back after a 4 year sabatical. 0203365c-0ed4-4dfb-aaf5-73079da61a15
  9. My Xbox live don't expire till Jan 30 2018, why and I still being pestered on the dashboard ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox live don't expire till Jan 30 2018, why and I still being pestered on the dashboard ...: My Xbox live don't expire till Jan 30 2018, why and I still being pestered on the dashboard that its about to expire, 2018, 2018, its 2017 e1ac2d0a-c4f8-4e27-84d4-272298912b88
  10. My preview dashboard membership has changed without my doing so. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My preview dashboard membership has changed without my doing so. Why?: So, I guess I'm no longer a preview dashboard member, I don't know why. When I open the preview dashboard app and look at my stats it says i'm level 3 and number 1760 on the global leaderboards,...