Why is my Microsoft account not linked up with my gamertag or profile? How do I change this?

Discus and support Why is my Microsoft account not linked up with my gamertag or profile? How do I change this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't access my overdue subscriptions. 997836f5-37ec-4867-adeb-f394f71cfadc Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WinsomeWings826, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Why is my Microsoft account not linked up with my gamertag or profile? How do I change this?

I can't access my overdue subscriptions.

:)

WinsomeWings826, Sep 6, 2016
  2. My microsoft account is linked to the wrong gamertag?

My Microsoft account is linked to the wrong gamertag? How can I change the gamertag on my ms account

Piratepigeon156, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Kpenguin
    Kpenguin Guest
    Can't change Gamertag due to Xbox privacy and safety settings.

Hi,

I'd like to change my gamertag on Xbox Live. I'm 16, my dad has a Microsoft account, but it isn't linked to mine as a parent account. When I try to change my gamertag on account.xbox.com, I get an error "Child trying to access settings" error with a tutorial
    on how to make an exception. Do I have to get my account linked to my Dad's before I can do this? Please let me know how to do this.

Also, I've read you have to pay in order to change your gamertag. I have credit on my Microsoft account, so can I pay with that?

Thanks!

Daniel

Kpenguin, Sep 6, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Why is my Microsoft account not linked up with my gamertag or profile? How do I change this?

You will need to contact support directly for assistance with this situation.

The helpers in the forums do not have access to customer information.

{Parity}, Sep 6, 2016
  5. HyruleBalverine Win User

How do I change email of XBL Profile

6. {Parity} Win User

You will need to contact support directly for assistance with this situation.

The helpers in the forums do not have access to customer information.
  7. ResuWreckt Win User

how do I change

Hey Rocka.

Check out the below link for more in detail explanation of changing your profile image, avatar, etc...

https://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/change-gamerpic-on-xbox-one
  8. TMX boxburn Win User

How to change login name\address

9. {Parity} Win User

how do i change my password

Here is a
    LINK
    that will help with that. Hope this helps. Let us know. Good Luck.
Thema:

1. Why is my Microsoft account not linked up with my gamertag or profile? How do I change this? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft account

2. Why does microsoft make it so difficult to manage child accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does microsoft make it so difficult to manage child accounts: I have a child account for my 8 year old son, because this is required for xbox. Recently his Netflix app was somehow connected to someone else's account. I am trying to see if my son's account...
  3. When transferring Mojang account to Microsoft why do we have to re-purchase the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When transferring Mojang account to Microsoft why do we have to re-purchase the game?: I have been playing Minecraft for 5+ years now. When I installed it onto a new computer it asked me to migrate from my Mojang account to the new Microsoft account. I did do that and the game was...
  4. Whoever from Microsoft Store can answer: why i need to log in to Xobx account in order to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whoever from Microsoft Store can answer: why i need to log in to Xobx account in order to...: I just cant understand why i am asked to log in to Xbox account in order to play the pc version of Microsoft Flight Simulator? I have been trying to contact Microsoft support and Microsoft Store...
  5. Why can’t I reconnect my Microsoft account to my PS4

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I reconnect my Microsoft account to my PS4: I can’t sign into my Microsoft account on my PS4 and idk if it’s because I have a different PS4 or what but if it is that that’s kinda stupid because it won’t let me access my purchased items...
  6. Why is my Fortnite account linked with my Microsoft account yet when I buy Vbucks 2 TIMES...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Fortnite account linked with my Microsoft account yet when I buy Vbucks 2 TIMES...: I've already refunded it and gonna try again but I'm just super confused because it took my money and didn't give me anything. b66c086c-ae9a-4c65-8dc7-46919796b360
  7. Why won't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from 1 account to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from 1 account to another?: Other than greed which is the obvious answer, why doesn't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from one account to another? For years we had one account because my younger son was too young to have...
  8. Why can't one pay for past due subscriptions with microsoft account balance!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't one pay for past due subscriptions with microsoft account balance!?: Thing is, I am in Netherlands. For some reason when I try to couple my ING bank account webpage always pops out this message "Something went wrong". Then I tried to top up the microsoft balance,...
  9. Unknown Xbox One Showing Up in My Microsoft Account Why ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unknown Xbox One Showing Up in My Microsoft Account Why ?: [img] The Xbox One in the Upper Right Corner I Have no Idea where it's coming from I removed all My old xbox since getting Xbox Series X. Another Issue the Unknown Xbox One showing up making...
  10. Why can't we switch the microsoft account connected to Minecraft for PS4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't we switch the microsoft account connected to Minecraft for PS4?: My old microsoft account is connected to my PS4, and I don't have access to that account anymore. You aren't allowed to change which microsoft account correlates to your game though....