Why is The Division frequently laggy on XB1X?

Discus and support Why is The Division frequently laggy on XB1X? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Starting a week or so ago, The Division will randomly slow way down and the graphics become very stuttery. The only fix is a hard reset - which I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rG Slim Creeper, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Why is The Division frequently laggy on XB1X?

Starting a week or so ago, The Division will randomly slow way down and the graphics become very stuttery.

The only fix is a hard reset - which I don't want to do several times per day.

Also, having the Instant On setting makes it worse.

Is this a known issue?

Is there a problem with my XB1X memory, CPU, or GPU?

Am I the only one with this recent problem?

:)

rG Slim Creeper, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Connection issues / delta

hi when I connect to the division, I can't play the game it's really laggy and get delta a lot, I've tried other game and it's the same (connection issues), it's definitely not my internet and everything is ok on that side,

Th3Ex3cution3er, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Why Australian DCUO players can't play on US server?

Hi everyone.

Does anyone, preferably from Microsoft, know why we are forced to only play on laggy EU server without the option to play on the US (NA) server?

My suspicion is it's got something to do with Daybreak formerly being SOE, a division of Sony, and having to work within the limitations of the broken PSN platform.

Daybreak's forums don't provide any useful or autoritive information, so I'm hoping someone here might KNOW what's going on.

Please... no guessing. I'm looking for answers, not theories.

Thanks!!

Baloc-22340942-22CF-4B6D-B152-AFCBDE0F8749, Sep 9, 2018
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Like all computer equipment memory stores up in the cache and will eventually slow the system down if not cleared. The only way to do this on the Xbox One is by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down.

There is no need to do this several times a day, however. Simply power cycle once per week or once per two weeks and you should see less issues on the console.

onyxishere, Sep 9, 2018
  5. Apologies if I was unclear - I am having to perform hard reset multiple times per day.

and some background - I've been a PC system builder for more than 20 years. This issue w Division seems like a memory leak but, I want to ensure it's not a hardware issue with the console.

edit: are there any *valid* console hardware scans which I can run? Anything with logging output?

6. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    How are your other games running?

brandiesel1, Sep 9, 2018
  7. Fortnight and Minecraft work well - but I doubt they're stressing the system.

8. Why is The Division frequently laggy on XB1X?

edit: also, I played The Division on my secondary XB1X console this AM for 3 hours and had no stutter. And I (out of US/NA) was connected on to 3 team mates in the UK/UE server region.

...I really hope this isn't a hardware issue with my primary box. But the symptoms are starting to add up that way.

So the question is - how to ratify with data?

Again, is there a console system scan with output?

9. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    The same issue happens with Destiny when things get busy. Especially on older consoles. If you're experiencing this on a regular basis and a power cycle is not working then try a factory reset. There's an option to keep installed games and apps so you
    won't need to redownload them.

onyxishere, Sep 9, 2018
  10. Thank you, for the recommendation - what prexisely would the factory reset do which the hard reset/cache reset doesn't? For my own info. I'm loathe to just 'throw darts' for a solution. And again, power cycle does work - but I shouldn't have to power cycle
    every hour or so to get another hour of lag free gaming.

Please understand that I'm not being unappreciative nor condescending - I just want to know the technical thoughts behind the factory reset. I want to make sure it's not just a case of "have you tried turning it off an back on?". Thank you, again.

11. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    I don't think you're being condescending at all. Just curious. It's not right that you've got to power cycle several times a day. The factory reset will set the console back as though you first bought it (keeping installed games and apps of course) and
    should fix the issue you're experiencing with the game.

If you're loath to do a factory reset right away then you could try deleting and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

onyxishere, Sep 9, 2018
  12. CIDkidzPILLZ
    CIDkidzPILLZ Guest
    Have you already tried clearing the games reserved space from the saved data within the manage game settings?

CIDkidzPILLZ, Sep 9, 2018
  13. CIDkidzPILLZ
    CIDkidzPILLZ Guest

It would also be a good idea for you to report the problem threw the console having the issues with the report a problem tool. You can gain access to this tool by downloading the 'Xbox Insider Hub' app. Here's a link with more information on reporting problems
    threw the console. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

CIDkidzPILLZ, Sep 9, 2018
  14. Thanks, all. I'll try:

1) Delete the reserve space, test for a few days

2) Move on to game reinstall (if necessary), test.

3) Perform factory reset (if still an issue), test .

4) Report through XB insider hub - if all else fails.

Games lag, it happens. But as The Division is the only real graphically 'taxing' title I'm currently enjoying - I don't have much for comparison. I'm less concerned about the performance than I am about ensuring it is not an issue with my console which requires
    warranty service.

I'll report back after several days testing, etc - mostly in the case that thebsteps provided, may help someone else. I know this is all basic XB troubleshooting steps and just wanted some visibility if it's a scenario common to more than just I .

Thank you, again, for all responses .

15. Almost forgot - is the Reserve space just for patches? Or like a Windows page file? Or possibly both depending on needs/code of the installed title(s)?

Thema:

1. Why is The Division frequently laggy on XB1X? - Similar Threads - Why Division frequently

2. Why everybody can't see my minecraft chat messages.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why everybody can't see my minecraft chat messages.: I've been recently playing minecraft for a while until for some unknown reason. During the time me and my friend met up on mineplex ago. He just said hello to me. I replied back hello as well. I...
  3. Why is there texture pop in on One-X enhanced games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there texture pop in on One-X enhanced games?: I used to play FH4 and FM7 on my original Xbox One and while there were texture streaming issues and pop in when playing FH4 (expected) there was none in FM7. Now that I have a One-X, I'm seeing...
  4. Why cant i send messages?? New to xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i send messages?? New to xbox: It wont let me send messages 03552c7a-e188-44db-b378-59c6a6614a19
  5. Why do my thumb grips always get so dirty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my thumb grips always get so dirty: Just as the title says, now how can i keep them looming there best or is it just a fact that they will always het grimy its a custom coloured xbox controller the thumb grips are naby blue, what do...
  6. Por que meu Forza Horizon 4 não conecta online? [Translation-Why does not my Forza Horizon...

in XBoX on Windows
    Por que meu Forza Horizon 4 não conecta online? [Translation-Why does not my Forza Horizon...: Eu comprei o Forza 4 na edição suprema pela Microsoft Store, joguei há pouco tempo, desbloqueei as partidas online e não se conecta, dá uns erros diferentes todas as vezes, mas sempre apontando...
  7. Why can I not receive refund after my card was stolen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not receive refund after my card was stolen: I think its quite wrong for xbox to denie me a refund when i dont even have anything thru microsoft, nor did i allow my 13 yr son to go on a spending spree, yet im told my 200$ is gone , an...
  8. Hi l am in the uk why is my YouTube appnot working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi l am in the uk why is my YouTube appnot working: Hi l am in the uk why is the you tube app not working i uninstalled reinstalled still not working. 2eebb9f4-21df-405f-b148-c5283500e063
  9. Por que nao consigo enviar mensagens para outros jogadores no meu xbox one?[Translation-Why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Por que nao consigo enviar mensagens para outros jogadores no meu xbox one?[Translation-Why...: Eu tento enviar uma menssagem no meu grupo de amigos e nao consigo...alguem sabe me explicar o por que? [Translation-I try to send a message in my group of friends and I can not... Can anyone...
  10. Why was the Microsoft Rewards quests changed on Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was the Microsoft Rewards quests changed on Xbox?: There was like 19 days left on the Quests and now they've all been changed to the Metro series. I only had to get 2 achievements to finish this months aswell. 25a85970-c8b1-4e4c-95b0-b0a543def4a9