Why is the Xbox App Still Broken After All These Years?!

Discus and support Why is the Xbox App Still Broken After All These Years?! in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; The app hasn't had an update in months, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10+, I am running the same Wifi as my Xbox and 4G. Friends list will not load... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by MisterPanda, Mar 6, 2020.

1. MisterPanda
    MisterPanda Guest

The app hasn't had an update in months, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10+, I am running the same Wifi as my Xbox and 4G.

Friends list will not load and I cannot join any parties when it eventually sometimes loads. It will either tell me that 0 friends are online or it will say parties are not join able.

If a friend invite me to a party it instantly disconnects me. Messages do not update either. I need to close the app to update messages.

Microsoft doesn't care about the app and you can tell for 2 reasons.... People give suggestions and they don't fix the problems and it has a low 3 out of 5 star rating because Microsoft won't fix it.

:)

MisterPanda, Mar 6, 2020
  2. RUBENSJUNIOR21 Win User

really the app has very good ideas, however, it fails a lot, the list of friends and party invitations is very wrong.
  3. D4vid 360 Win User

Well, personally on iphone before 6 and now 11, it works very well. Pretty effective and in general a good app.

Nothing essential by the way
  4. DerSkyless Win User

Everything is fine for me (Galaxy A6), but I'm not sure if it is because I'm using the Beta Verison of the app.
  5. Adasaurasrex Win User

I use the both the android and iPhone apps and have no problems with either.
  6. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

as alternate option, have you tried installing the Xbox App (beta) version, which is available to all to download.

To see if it that works or not?

Side note: When you are posting a question to get support or advise, it's usually better to markt he post as Question instead of Discussion.
Thema:

1. Why is the Xbox App Still Broken After All These Years?! - Similar Threads - Why App Still

2. Why does my Microsoft store not show the images of apps and games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Microsoft store not show the images of apps and games?: My Microsoft store not show the images of apps and games on my Xbox One all digital really frustrating. Can anyone help ? c64f4c99-87e5-4d64-9f80-805b7fe3d803
  3. Why wont my xbox parties work on the xbox console companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my xbox parties work on the xbox console companion app?: So I joined pc about a month ago, and its been a month, where I've been trying to figure out the problem with my parties. Basically, when I join a party, it shows that everything is connected, it...
  4. Why won't my subscriptions load on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't my subscriptions load on the Xbox app on PC?: I bought the Xbox Game Pass for PC the other day and it was working fine until a few hours ago. It all of a sudden stopped working in the Xbox app; as in it treated me as if I didn't have the game...
  5. pc running win 8.1 pro and xbox one s ?companion app works win 10 true but why not win 8.1?

in XBoX on Windows
    pc running win 8.1 pro and xbox one s ?companion app works win 10 true but why not win 8.1?: when i google the question about my having desktop pc with win 8.1 and an xbox one s console both connected to the same network, they even show up on each devices settings so they are connected....
  6. Here's an real world example of why the new layout of "My Games & Apps" is more complex...

in XboX Insiders
    Here's an real world example of why the new layout of "My Games & Apps" is more complex...: I got the 2 GWG games from my browser, and wanted to install them today on my Xbox (which has auto-install on, but it's not working all the time, plus 360 games won't auto-install anyway)....
  7. Why Can't I Terminate XBOX GAME BAR & Wild Tangent Apps. from Tabs in Apps. The Terminate...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Can't I Terminate XBOX GAME BAR & Wild Tangent Apps. from Tabs in Apps. The Terminate...: Can anyone assist me? The Terminate Button for the Gaming Bar is inop. Why is it there if it is inoperative? ***Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Xbox on Windows***...
  8. XBox 360: why are my app selections American when my locale and profile settings are for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox 360: why are my app selections American when my locale and profile settings are for...: Hello all, I have an Xbox 360, have just created a new profile on it and imported my Microsoft account into it. All the settings are showing the UK, locale profile etc., but when I go to install...
  9. Why is Xbox App still complete garbage?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Xbox App still complete garbage?: For months now myself and many friends have had to deal with the xbox app on PC. Why in the world would a computer software company have such major fundamental issues with their own app for this...
  10. Any update why we can sign in but sidebar with apps/store and other stuff is still missing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any update why we can sign in but sidebar with apps/store and other stuff is still missing.: I can sign in fine , same with my kids. I have no apps on my personal bar and cant even get to the store. 33f0369f-6f96-4865-93ba-607d8dd576b8