Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do?

Discus and support Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son's Xbox X gives a black screen. After a visit to Microsoft Store the assistant did some checks and said that he can't get the repair mode on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AniaS, Oct 23, 2019.

1. AniaS
    AniaS Guest

My son's Xbox X gives a black screen. After a visit to Microsoft Store the assistant did some checks and said that he can't get the repair mode on which indicates a problem which cant be repaired.

I wish someone told me that before I paid £500, that if this happens and it happens after your warranty ran out you need to pay £237 to get it replace. I would at least buy extra insurance/extend the warranty
    but I NEXER expected something which costs so much money a) to break so easily b) not to be repairable Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do? :((((

I am so disappointed that I prefer to spend the money somewhere else.

However before I do so is there any hope for us? If I find a shop which repairs game consoles is there any chance someone will fix it?

Please tell me there is any hope as I am really devasted Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do? :((((

:)

AniaS, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Ironwilled Win User

Eh before you go and spend more money on a repair job, I would wait for Project Scarlett and grab a cheap replacement Xbox One in the meantime.
  3. AniaS Win User

It was MS Store in London, not any repair centre.

I only went there as I thought they will take it to repair (even if I have to pay) but they didn't offer that at all as apparently the problem is not fixable.

"Fyi the warranty for an xbox one x is 2 years in eu" - Could you please tell me how do I go with the 2 years EU guarantee? I bought the xbox from Argos.

"There is only one way to get it repaired and its only thru the website" - I've tried that now and I only got an option to pay £237 if the console if not repairable.
  4. CryingHero Win User

5. NeoDan123 Win User

The warranty will depend on the local consumer laws of the country it was purchased.
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

That's not true for electronics purchased within the EU.
Thema:

1. Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do? - Similar Threads - Why unrepairable console

2. Why is my Ambassador status not resolved

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Ambassador status not resolved: Hey Legends, After a recent incident and consequential unbanning I am still unable to access the Ambassador section of Xbox Online, Ive been trying to sort this out for 2 months now all I need...
  3. Jump Force DLC Character pack #5- Bakugo.. why isn't he showing up in my available...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jump Force DLC Character pack #5- Bakugo.. why isn't he showing up in my available...: I got Jump Force from the Xbox game pass a few days ago, and i purchased and installed character pack #5 which is Bakugo. He should have been with all the other characters that I can play as after...
  4. Microsoft Why??

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Why??: So trying to figure out how to mod the Microsoft store version of mcc for reach and i come across this thread...
  5. Draytek Draytek- Vigor2500: Why I can't download with 1 gb/s on my xbox one x?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Draytek Draytek- Vigor2500: Why I can't download with 1 gb/s on my xbox one x?: Draytek (Modems/Gateways) Draytek- Vigor2500: Why I can't download with 1 gb/s on my xbox one x? Download speed is always as fast as the slowest connection. I have a 500Mb/s connection, but...
  6. Have you ever wanted to live in a world from a game? If so, which one and why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have you ever wanted to live in a world from a game? If so, which one and why?: Red Dead Redemption 2 is where I would be! e2da1694-0614-4a82-a4a7-5b0cd0f9bd79
  7. Is there a reason why DVD playback has been deteriorating per patch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a reason why DVD playback has been deteriorating per patch?: I have the XBOX One S (day 1 halo pack). Over the past several patches DVD playback has become more and more frustrated. Blu ray seems to have no problems. I say 'Frustrated' and not...
  8. Why are my posts being deleted!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why are my posts being deleted!?: Why Can I Not Ask A Question!? eb580051-e647-4683-989a-f4f30e17557a
  9. Why am I getting this status code when trying to update my 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I getting this status code when trying to update my 360?: I am trying to update my 360 and keep getting this error code, "4467-0000-0080-0300-8007-2751". No issues connecting to the internet, via wifi adapter (hard wiring is not an option), it just won't...
  10. Why I can't se 0.05 cents deal for GPU?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why I can't se 0.05 cents deal for GPU?: People on reddit speaks of it. To turn on your billing and you will get offer to 0.05 cents per day. With me is regular 14.99 per month. f122d00f-9bf2-4d90-a91d-dc273b05dc40