Why is there the option to disconnect from a match in DBD if you can get banned for it?

Discus and support Why is there the option to disconnect from a match in DBD if you can get banned for it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The subject line sums it up. In Dead By Daylight there's some sort of soft ban from the game on Xbox if you disconnect from matches. If they're going... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WordyFoolPunk, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Why is there the option to disconnect from a match in DBD if you can get banned for it?

The subject line sums it up.

In Dead By Daylight there's some sort of soft ban from the game on Xbox if you disconnect from matches.

If they're going to block people from the game for disconnecting during a match why have the option to disconnect at all?

Wouldn't it make more sense to just remove the option entirely?

:)

WordyFoolPunk, Feb 19, 2020
  2. mareledanut Win User

Why is there the option to disconnect from a match in DBD if you can get banned for it?

Hi, i think the ban is meant for people who abuse this feature by leaving games on purpose, if you leave the game because you have a problem or anything else you won't get banned most likely.
  3. wolfheart517 Win User

they give you the option but they tell you the consequences
  4. XBA_Hype Win User

i understand its frustrating but some people rage quit far too often which in turn can make the game not fun for others, i think you would`nt get a ban if you disconnect properly using the in game function as long as you do not over use it. it gives them
    a way to monitor it easier i think, and some games the only way to quit is by dashboarding when you might not want to fully quit the game just the match.

what i don`t like is when there is an in game bug like rocket league once had where it would throw you out of the game itself and then put a 15 minute ban in place that is really annoying.
  5. HueHef785 Win User

Im sure its more for habitual disconnectors..it doesn't happen the first time does it?
  6. jdpup1300 Win User

My guess would be that the soft ban is for people who over use the disconnect
Thema:

1. Why is there the option to disconnect from a match in DBD if you can get banned for it? - Similar Threads - Why option disconnect

2. Why was streaming options removed?

in XboX Insiders
    Why was streaming options removed?: There was a time that our xbox one's allowed us to choose several options for streaming to help with lag etc. This seems to have vanished as the system has evolved and now we have 1 option to...
  3. Why have a modding option for HALO MCC if its not allowed to be discussed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why have a modding option for HALO MCC if its not allowed to be discussed?: So from what i just understood from Microsoft Agent XBF Eladio M, I cant ask a question regarding a game that has ALLOWED MODS? So basically its a [Mod Removed] type of thing right? Some agent...
  4. Why isn't there a return option in my "purchase history" for a game I bought yesterday?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't there a return option in my "purchase history" for a game I bought yesterday?: Yesterday I bought Minecraft Bedrock Edition because I didnt know that multiple versions of MC exist for the PC. When I tried to return it today to buy the Java version, there was no option to let...
  5. Why is the Entertainment twist option still in the report function?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the Entertainment twist option still in the report function?: Trying to report on the Game Pass twist, but saw only the Entertainment available to report on. Is it appropriate to report in or is the Entertainment twist still used outside the USA? submitted...
  6. Why don't Microsoft make Auto-delete clips optional?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't Microsoft make Auto-delete clips optional?: Because it conflicts with your external hard drive a0b31222-0f15-48fc-a771-3d2d623df099
  7. Why is Argentina listed under my Payment options?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Argentina listed under my Payment options?: I was checking to see what my MS balance was prior to redeeming Bing Rewards and I noticed that above the United States currency, there is Argentina listed. Question is.. why? I have never...
  8. Why can’t I use the custom gamerpic option?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I use the custom gamerpic option?: I tried to select custom gamerpic while looking on my profile (through Xbox app), but it says “Custom images are only available through adult accounts”. But I can verify when creating this...
  9. Why is there no option to get Xbox Game Pass for 12 months anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is there no option to get Xbox Game Pass for 12 months anymore?: I remember there used to be an option to buy 12 months of game pass, but now I see only for 1 and 3 months. Why is the 12 months option not available anymore? Also, for how many months/years can...
  10. Why I need to set up payment option to download free games with gold?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I need to set up payment option to download free games with gold?: Hello, Why I need to set up payment option to download free monthly Games with Gold via XBOX Live website? On XBOX 360 you can download these games without payment option. Thanks....