Why is Windows update 1903 Required for some games on game pass (PC)

Discus and support Why is Windows update 1903 Required for some games on game pass (PC) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm very confused on why this update that correct me if I'm wrong is a windows 10 beta update 1903 is required to play games through the gamepass on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kenpachi219, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Kenpachi219
    Kenpachi219 Guest

I'm very confused on why this update that correct me if I'm wrong is a windows 10 beta update 1903 is required to play games through the gamepass on the windows store.... playing the same game elsewhere say on steam for instance would not force this....

:)

Kenpachi219, Jun 12, 2019
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

I don't believe I would call Windows 10 Version 1903 a beta build. It is considered the latest public release. Keep in mind that Xbox Game Pass for PC titles are playable through the Windows Store, so they may have different requirements than Steam.
  3. Koods Win User

Because I dare say the update acts as almost an activation key for the Game Pass App to be downloaded or some such thing, in the end it's the requirement for it so that's the way it's going to have to be.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Why is the Xbox App (beta) not available for Windows 10 1809?

Your PC needs to be able and capable of updating to 1903, if not the your PC does not have the ability to run the Game Pass PC (beta) It is the minimum requirement.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

No se actualizan las aplicaciones de Microsoft store [Translation-Microsoft store applications are not updated]

¿Te refieres a Game Pass PC Beta? Si lo está, el sistema debe poder instalar la actualización de Windows 10 de 1903.

[Translation-Do you mean Game Pass PC Beta?
    If it is, the system must be able to install the Windows 10 update of 1903.]
  6. Candyman1SFT Win User

Why is the Xbox App (beta) not available for Windows 10 1809?

Your PC needs to be able and capable of updating to 1903, if not the your PC does not have the ability to run the Game Pass PC (beta) It is the minimum requirement.
    Why do you answer when you don't deal with the problem I mentioned?
Thema:

1. Why is Windows update 1903 Required for some games on game pass (PC) - Similar Threads - Why Windows update

2. Why is the Xbox App (beta) not available for Windows 10 1809?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox App (beta) not available for Windows 10 1809?: I ask this because after a hardware upgrade I'm forced to use 1809. Why I have to use 1809? I got audio stutters, or the audio gone completely, because of: https://aka.ms/AA5fhrl...
  3. Windows 10 XBox Application no longer works after recent update. Any clue on why this is?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 XBox Application no longer works after recent update. Any clue on why this is?: I loved the XBox Application on my laptop but the moment they updated it and rebranded it, I can't get it to open. I click it and get the green XBox screen then it just crashes. I've read the...
  4. Why am I not seeing the same list of games in Xbox one as it shows in WIndows 10 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not seeing the same list of games in Xbox one as it shows in WIndows 10 laptop: Why am I not seeing the same list of games in Xbox one as it shows in WIndows 10 laptop? Example: Ping pong 3D shows in my microsoft store which is compatible with Xbox one but not showing up in...
  5. ¿Por qué de repente no puedo abrir mis Age of Empires II original en Windows 8.1?[Why can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ¿Por qué de repente no puedo abrir mis Age of Empires II original en Windows 8.1?[Why can...: Tengo la edición para coleccionistas de Age of Empires original y hasta ahora funcionaba perfectamente en Windows 8.1. Ahora solo me funciona el AOE I, las dos partes, el AEO II no funciona...
  6. Why can I not access messages from my Xbox App on mobile or Windows 10?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why can I not access messages from my Xbox App on mobile or Windows 10?: I can't access messages from the Windows 10 Xbox App. On my PC it says, "Try Again - We had trouble getting your conversations." After refreshing on my Smartphone, which had a similar problem, I...
  7. Why has my xbox app stopped working since the recent windows 10 update?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my xbox app stopped working since the recent windows 10 update?: Since the recent windows 10 update, my Xbox app has stopped working. When i attempt to sign in all i get is a message saying, "You cannot be signed in right now please try again later. It's been...
  8. Why is the XBL app on windows 10 such a useless [Mod Removed - Profanity] bloatware program?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the XBL app on windows 10 such a useless [Mod Removed - Profanity] bloatware program?: Last couple of days have had my gaming interrupted due to this [Mod Removed - Profanity] app logging out due to XBL being as [Mod Removed - Profanity] as the PSN. 11992bb1-55b1-45b9-a143-6644cae3b64e
  9. why can't i broadcast gameplay on windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    why can't i broadcast gameplay on windows 10: hello i went to my Xbox one piracy and online safety and broadcast Gameplay is always set to block i switch it to allow than it sets to block again and i don't know why....
  10. Why does my Windows 10 Xbox app say the server is "Blocked"

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Windows 10 Xbox app say the server is "Blocked": All, After the most recent windows update my xbox app on my Windows 10 machine no longer allows me access to my live account. In the network settings it says "blocked" for server connection. I...