Why isn’t the new dashboard 4K ?

Discus and support Why isn’t the new dashboard 4K ? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I’ve got the new dashboard and I have to say I love the new layout! Simple, clean, and so much more responsive than the last iteration. I do have... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/KHDD, Jul 30, 2019.

1. /u/KHDD
    /u/KHDD Guest

So I’ve got the new dashboard and I have to say I love the new layout! Simple, clean, and so much more responsive than the last iteration.

I do have to ask though, why is the dashboard still only outputting a 1080p experience? With the One X it’s the biggest sales point to upgrade from the trusty original, so why greet every user on this premium console with a dashboard, the unified interface for the console at 1080p?

With the new found speed and performance of the new interface I’d be interested to see if this would be possible Why isn’t the new dashboard 4K ? :)

Thanks all!

submitted by /u/KHDD
    [link] [comments]

/u/KHDD, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Elohmn Win User

Xbox One S Question

While I doubt anyone could say "they know", we can speculate on what would be plausible.

I see no reason to why the Dashboard would be a Native 4k, rather just an Upscale version of the current Dashboard. It will be essentially the same Dashboard on current Xbox Ones in the wild and the same Service of Xbox LIVE just Upscale to 4k.

Further, I see no reason why there would not be multiple resolution settings to support a multiple of output. In short, yes 480p, 720p, 1080p, 2k (maybe), and 4k upscale.
  3. david callari Win User

XBOX ONE X -Turning off

Hi,

I tried my xbox one x on different TV ( without 4K) and it have not problem.

I think that the iussue is the 4K resolution; it isn’t a TV problem; but a problem of video card of xbox. Do you agree whit me?
  4. PaperHook839245 Win User

XBOX ONE X

why does this console only come with hdr and not hdr+ which is the new standuard for 4k tvs
  5. den solo Win User

Call of Duty WWII Black Screen?

Having the same problem. Beginning to wonder why I bought a new Xbox and 4K HDR TV.
  6. xMANxBEARxPIGx0 Win User

Xbox One X consistently losing HDMI signal

Alright. So fortunately my retailer returned the Xbox for a new one. Unfortunately it was doing the same thing. Out of curiosity I went and bought a different brand (TCL) of 4K TV, and this seemed to solve my problem. I called Samsung and asked about this
    issue, and they told me it was common. Why would a high-end TV brand have such a fixable issue?! I downgraded to the TCL, but I have had no issues so far. Picture isn’t AS great, but at least it works. Thank you everyone for your responses.
Thema:

1. Why isn’t the new dashboard 4K ? - Similar Threads - Why isn’t dashboard

2. Why did my Xbox One X hijack itself because I moved to a place with limited internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox One X hijack itself because I moved to a place with limited internet?: I have always had unlimited Internet, until July, when I moved to a place with NO Internet. So, to get Internet, I have to "tether" my phone. Works better than I thought, right up until I reach my...
  3. Fortnite new "foot controller" setting NOT available for xbox version!!! WHY????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite new "foot controller" setting NOT available for xbox version!!! WHY????: Please can you include the new "foot controller " setting into the xbox one version of the game. This setting removes aim acceleration and is the best setting for controller players since the...
  4. Can't login with Xbox One into backward compatible 360 games. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't login with Xbox One into backward compatible 360 games. Why?: I have an old 360 profile that I deleted and want to use my current Xbox One profile but every time the 360 game starts, it logs me out of LIVE and wont let me choose my current profile. Nothing I...
  5. Why is gamebar recording the browser at the background instead of the gameplay?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is gamebar recording the browser at the background instead of the gameplay?: I tried to record a Roblox gameplay and instead of the game window it recorded the browser at the background. I have been successful in recording this game before but sometimes this happens and I...
  6. Why do my textures never load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do my textures never load: i can play for 1 round or about twenty minutes but after that my textures stop working completely and it has been going on for the past 4 days so if i could get feedback it would be great...
  7. Why can’t I register my Xbox one controller for the warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I register my Xbox one controller for the warranty: I need to return the controller which is in its 3 month warranty period. The only apparent way is to register it on my microsoft account. Choosing register devices and accessories lets me register...
  8. Why is my crew challenges won keeping saying I have won 0 challenges but I have won 4...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my crew challenges won keeping saying I have won 0 challenges but I have won 4...: Why is my crew challenges won keeping saying I have won 0 challenges but I have won 4 challenges how do I fix it on gta5? 88fe3dd5-d95e-4d6f-bf5a-f4a3d66f0ed9
  9. Warum sieht meine spielleiste anders aus als bei anderen [Translate] Why does my game bar...

in XBoX on Windows
    Warum sieht meine spielleiste anders aus als bei anderen [Translate] Why does my game bar...: [img] oben ist bei mir und unten ist bei anderen [Translate] above is with me and down is at other [img] 9af58768-01b2-46d6-a39e-b0f778da7358
  10. Question: Why is the Preview Alpha Ring Still Showing Release Notes for the 1908 Builds?

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Why is the Preview Alpha Ring Still Showing Release Notes for the 1908 Builds?: Since the Preview Alpha and Preview Skip-Ahead Rings began receiving parallel updates (including today’s) once again the console in the Alpha Ring is showing release notes within the Insider App...