Why isn’t the new dashboard 4K ?

Discus and support Why isn’t the new dashboard 4K ? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I’ve got the new dashboard and I have to say I love the new layout! Simple, clean, and so much more responsive than the last iteration. I do have... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/KHDD, Jul 30, 2019.

1. /u/KHDD
    /u/KHDD Guest

So I’ve got the new dashboard and I have to say I love the new layout! Simple, clean, and so much more responsive than the last iteration.

I do have to ask though, why is the dashboard still only outputting a 1080p experience? With the One X it’s the biggest sales point to upgrade from the trusty original, so why greet every user on this premium console with a dashboard, the unified interface for the console at 1080p?

With the new found speed and performance of the new interface I’d be interested to see if this would be possible Why isn’t the new dashboard 4K ? :)

Thanks all!

submitted by /u/KHDD
    [link] [comments]

/u/KHDD, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Elohmn Win User

Xbox One S Question

While I doubt anyone could say "they know", we can speculate on what would be plausible.

I see no reason to why the Dashboard would be a Native 4k, rather just an Upscale version of the current Dashboard. It will be essentially the same Dashboard on current Xbox Ones in the wild and the same Service of Xbox LIVE just Upscale to 4k.

Further, I see no reason why there would not be multiple resolution settings to support a multiple of output. In short, yes 480p, 720p, 1080p, 2k (maybe), and 4k upscale.
  3. david callari Win User

XBOX ONE X -Turning off

Hi,

I tried my xbox one x on different TV ( without 4K) and it have not problem.

I think that the iussue is the 4K resolution; it isn’t a TV problem; but a problem of video card of xbox. Do you agree whit me?
  4. t4ryn it up Win User

Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

Although both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X can both stream 4K, only the One X is capable of true 4K gaming. I would recommend the XBox One X over the XBox One S because it only one that can truly do 4K gaming! The XBox One S can upscale 1080p games
    to 4K but isn’t a real 4K console, although it can play Blu-Ray in 4K. The XBox One X is the first console to truly be able to stream 4K gaming, plus it has a Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player!
  5. PaperHook839245 Win User

XBOX ONE X

why does this console only come with hdr and not hdr+ which is the new standuard for 4k tvs
  6. den solo Win User

Call of Duty WWII Black Screen?

Having the same problem. Beginning to wonder why I bought a new Xbox and 4K HDR TV.
Thema:

1. Why isn’t the new dashboard 4K ? - Similar Threads - Why isn’t dashboard

2. Why is the Xbox app so bad and broken?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app so bad and broken?: I have used the Xbox app countless times to talk to my Xbox friends when playing fortnite cross-platform on my PS4 or when playing Minecraft. However, recently the app has been total garbage and...
  3. Why is black ops 4 showing mic headset indicator on in (lobby and ingame) when I don't have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is black ops 4 showing mic headset indicator on in (lobby and ingame) when I don't have...: I have ocd and it just bothers me when I'm in a game, do I need to re install black ops 4? I'm using a turtle beach on xbox. c7f8761a-8c3d-4f44-b81a-31af255a4978
  4. Why can't there be a Farsi Language on the Xbox One or any of Microsofts Gaming Consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't there be a Farsi Language on the Xbox One or any of Microsofts Gaming Consoles?: tens of millions of people are already fluent with this language so why don't we add it to the list? 56fae805-6a7e-40d7-97e5-c1273a61a703
  5. Why is all digital called an S model?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is all digital called an S model?: Should the discleds model be considered a seoarate model than an S? Diesn't S means "plays 4k movies", which it obviously cannot do due to a lack id a disc. Shouldn't be called an Xbox One D,...
  6. Why did i can't make my first subscription on Xbox Game Pass for PC for 1 dollar?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did i can't make my first subscription on Xbox Game Pass for PC for 1 dollar?: [img] Only full price, is my first subscription on this program. 75ee0954-8ac6-4236-bfbc-466199b9cf91
  7. why are my message notifications not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why are my message notifications not working?: For over a week now, my notifications when someone messages me doesnt work. I have tried everything, resetting, reinstalling my profile, turn setting off then on, etc. Nothing works. All the other...
  8. Por que não consigo jogar em realms no minecraft? E como posso resolver esse problema?![Why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Por que não consigo jogar em realms no minecraft? E como posso resolver esse problema?![Why...: Quando vou tentar jogar em Realms no minecraft,aparece que não é possível se conectar por conta da minha conta na Microsoft. Por que isso acontece? [Translation - When I try to play Realms in...
  9. WHY DELETE STREAM ON YOUTUBE?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY DELETE STREAM ON YOUTUBE?: I am crying, PLEASE BACK STREAM ON YOUTUBE 150c171d-40bd-48e1-aa0e-b2713449a693
  10. Why can't I play my older PC / GFWL games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play my older PC / GFWL games?: I realize that Games for Windows Live shut down some time ago so that no more purchases can be made. However, I used to be able to access my old games still. However, when I try to sign in now to...