Why isn't there an OSU for insiders?

Discus and support Why isn't there an OSU for insiders? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have been doing lots of research for the last 7ish hours now about updating my console offline. My console was bricked yesterday after work after a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Georgeoussha, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Why isn't there an OSU for insiders?

I have been doing lots of research for the last 7ish hours now about updating my console offline. My console was bricked yesterday after work after a hard crash. I have tried just about anything under the sun to get my console up and running. The factory refresh setting fails at 6 percent. The option where I keep my games and apps also fails instantly. Offline update also does not work and after research I found out that was because insiders cant roll back updates and we only have access to the most recent public release . I also tried a factory refresh OSU that fails instantly but somebody on reddit has said that it has been phased out. (its about 28 Mbs)

I tried Talking to Xbox support and immediately the guy tried having me send in my console in for repair for 240 - 270 USD plus time for shipping and I definitely disagree with having to pay for a repair that has/may have been caused by early release software that has a high chance of bugs.

I think not having an insider OSU is a terrible oversite and would like some kind of useful response would be great because I've just about given up hope.

Edit: Forgot to mention my console is an Xbox One X

submitted by /u/Georgeoussha
    [link] [comments]

/u/Georgeoussha, Oct 27, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Insiders and Offline System Updates (OSU) files

Here's a question...Why are Ambassadors advising to use OSU's prior to determining if the gamer is in the Insiders preview program?

The Insider MUST leave the preview before even attempting to use OSU's.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck again at 50%

Hi Desja,

Thank you for coming to the forums. I'm sorry to say but if the issue continues after power cycling then unfortunately the console will need to be repaired or replaced as from what I've seen E102 system errors will need to be fixed by certified Microsoft
    technicians.

Did you try all of the OSU files? I believe there is OSU 1, OSU 2, and OSU 3 from the

OSU troubleshooting guide
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox osu3 download

Since when was Osu on xbox! I never even knew about this?! Looking into it right now.
    Before you get your hopes up: OSU means "Offline System Update". Not the OSU! rhythm game you might be excited about.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

24 Oct 2019 Update, Xbox frozen on applying updates

If you are using wired ethernet cable to connect to your gateway, disconnect it while you attempt the OSU. After the OSU has completed, reconnect it.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

will not offline update

Are you in an Insider preview ring?

OSU's cannot be used on a console enrolled in Insiders.

The console must be unenrolled from Insiders prior to attempting an offline system update (OSU).
Thema:

Why isn't there an OSU for insiders?

1. Why isn't there an OSU for insiders? - Similar Threads - Why isn't OSU

2. Why isn't my Microsoft rewards working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my Microsoft rewards working: My Microsoft rewards was working just fine yesterday but now its completely stopped I cant open the app on my xbox I cant get points on my phone or computer so why has it stopped working for me...
  3. Why isn't Fight Night Round 3 backwards compatible yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't Fight Night Round 3 backwards compatible yet?: I see such a vast collection of backwards comparable games, the only one I really care to play is fight night round 3. please tell my why this title is not backwards compatable yet?...
  4. Why isn't roblox on my order history

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't roblox on my order history: I'm trying to reset my password on roblox but to make a long story short i couldn't get into my account and i had to go and contact customer support and he wanted to ask for receipt pretty much...
  5. Why is the name Alethea or A1ethea or AletheaBug giving me this gamertag isn't allowed but...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the name Alethea or A1ethea or AletheaBug giving me this gamertag isn't allowed but...: What is it about Alethea or A1ethea or AletheaBug that is completely disallowed? It gives me "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one." But if I try JitterBug, it suggests JitterBug1080...
  6. Why isn't the Hitman HD Trilogy game not Backwards Compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't the Hitman HD Trilogy game not Backwards Compatible: I have the Hitman HD Trilogy for Xbox 360 which has two disks for Hitman: Blood Money and the other for Hitman HD Collection which is Contracts and Silent Assassin. Both of these disks are...
  7. Porque no se cancelo mi deuda?[Why isn't my debt canceled?]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Porque no se cancelo mi deuda?[Why isn't my debt canceled?]: Yo tenia una deuda de 139 pesos mexicanos ayer por la gold, y hoy se me cobraron de mi cuenta los 139 pesos pero no se cancelo mi deuda. (cabe aclarar que todavia no era el dia de la facturacion...
  8. Why isn't crossplay optional, as promised ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't crossplay optional, as promised ?: So back in the day, when crossplay was first mooted a few older/perhaps wiser Xbox members said- 'Yeah, that sounds cool. Well, as long as it's optional, because the PC has just stupid amounts of...
  9. I have enrolled in the minecraft beta but it isn't working. Any ideas as to why?

in XboX Insiders
    I have enrolled in the minecraft beta but it isn't working. Any ideas as to why?: I have tried restarting my xbox, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it hasn't worked. The game still just remains as normal minecraft. submitted by /u/johnjohnsonthefifth [link] [comments]
  10. [xbox beta app for windows] Why isn't minecraft in this app ?

in XboX Insiders
    [xbox beta app for windows] Why isn't minecraft in this app ?: So since my microsoft store is broken and i can't update my games, i'm using the xbox beta app. But I wan't to update minecraft too and I can't find it in the app. Why ? Could xbox add it ?...