Why Kinect games cannot be played while using the companion app?

Discus and support Why Kinect games cannot be played while using the companion app? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been searching if there's some setting that I need to change but I actually never found a single post talking about why Kinect games can't be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GustavoMdancers, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Why Kinect games cannot be played while using the companion app?

I've been searching if there's some setting that I need to change but I actually never found a single post talking about why Kinect games can't be played while streaming the screen using the companion app! Can someone explain?

Ps. Before someone asks, yes I do use the Kinect!

:)

GustavoMdancers, Apr 23, 2020
  2. denis97g Win User

I may be wrong, but maybe since they are kinect games that option is not available since you'll have to play in front of your xbox.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

For starters, the combined lag would be nearly unplayable. The PC based Kinect doesnt work with the streaming app. Kinect requires a great deal of precision, timing , and fine tuning to work.

as a Kinect fan myself, don’t expect support to do anything but continue to be reduced.
  4. Tatakai no Kami Win User

Skyrim, Kinect Compatible? Pointless Advertising?

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

Only in the form of speech (like dragon shouts). Just like ME3, don't see why they couldn't do this on microphones...

[/quote]People use party chat while playing games, Mics in party chat won't register in the game. Kinect will while you are in party chat.
  5. ContentedEntree Win User

Microsoft please do not offer a cheaper kinectless SKU(hear me out)

People act as if the Kinect is something new that we have to get used to... Well here are the shocker people, we already tried out the Kinect for years now, and it failed, it failed really badly. A lot of people bought a Kinect, but almost every Kinect game
    did not sell well at all.

You people might say that the Kinect 2.0 is more advanced and picks up your movements better than ever, but it is still doing the same thing at the end of the day.

-Will I be able to walk forward and jump around like we do in normal games while fully playing with a Kinect 2.0?

-Will I be able to aim a gun better while playing a competitive FPS while fully using the Kinect 2.0?

-Will I be able to slash a sword and dodge like I do in Dark Souls, The Witcher 2 or Skyrim better while fully using the Kinect 2.0?

-Will I be able to play ANY of the mainstream games better while fully using the Kinect 2.0?

What's that, you say I can't do any of that? You say that all I can do with a Kinect 2.0 is play on the rail games like that FABLE Carriage ride game and play Dancing games? OH BOY, oh boy, here I come future! I can't wait!!! I have my dancing shoes all
    ready for the epic Kinect 2.0 release!!!

As I said, the Kinect is still nothing but a gimmick. The only games they will make that fully use the Kinect are kiddie on the rail games and extremely casual dance games that you play when bored. The other games will only use part of the Kinect, like the
    voice recognition as a side gimmicky add on for the game. No real games will ever be made that fully use the Kinect.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Works the Xbox one kinect together with the xbox 360?

To play the Kinect games released on the Xbox 360, you will have to play them with an Xbox 360 console with the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor.

The Kinect Sensors are not interchangeable between consoles (you cannot use One Sensor on Xbox 360, nor a 360 Sensor on Xbox One), as both Kinect Sensors have different, proprietary Kinect plugs, and the games are specifically programmed to use the exact Kinect
    sensor on the console they were released on.
Thema:

1. Why Kinect games cannot be played while using the companion app? - Similar Threads - Why Kinect games

2. Microsoft Xbox Series X: Why won't there be backward compatibility for Xbox 360 Kinect...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox Series X: Why won't there be backward compatibility for Xbox 360 Kinect...: I know there is no official information about any kind of Kinect, but this question has also arisen for me with Xbox one, Xbox Series X uses the same operating system...
  3. Why not promote Kinect, now that millions of kids cannot leave their homes due to coronavirus?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why not promote Kinect, now that millions of kids cannot leave their homes due to coronavirus?: After many years, I just took out my Kinects again, both for Xbox 360 and One, and prepared some space to use them at home. The reason? I have 2 kids who cannot attend school and have to stay...
  4. Why does my Kinect randomly power down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Kinect randomly power down?: There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, my Kinect will lose power. Sometimes all of the lights, sometimes only the infrared. Does this happen because Microsoft changed the software to...
  5. My Kinect camera records images backwards, why? How to fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Kinect camera records images backwards, why? How to fix?: I've been recording video for my Youtube channel with my Kinect camera and it works but the image is backwards. How do i fix this? a97403f9-733d-4441-b756-aac69d6cb5e4
  6. why i my ban i did nothing wrong in both text and talking with the mic or the kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    why i my ban i did nothing wrong in both text and talking with the mic or the kinect: why i my ban i did nothing wrong no swear and no bad words with the mic i only use it with my friends and sometimes randoms still i dont swear on the mic and i dont have a kinect so i cant send...
  7. Why are there no Kinect game clearance type sales

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why are there no Kinect game clearance type sales: So why isn't there some huge sale on Kinect games like a fire sale for all of it at least give the people who bought the damn thing something cheap to use it for. 4b897de0-ccbb-44f8-accf-12e0f31e3746
  8. My Kinect camera records images backwards, why? How to fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Kinect camera records images backwards, why? How to fix?: I've been recording video for my Youtube channel with my Kinect camera and it works but the image is backwards. How do i fix this? a97403f9-733d-4441-b756-aac69d6cb5e4
  9. why i my ban i did nothing wrong in both text and talking with the mic or the kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    why i my ban i did nothing wrong in both text and talking with the mic or the kinect: why i my ban i did nothing wrong no swear and no bad words with the mic i only use it with my friends and sometimes randoms still i dont swear on the mic and i dont have a kinect so i cant send...
  10. Why has xbox stopped making the kinect xbox one adaptor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has xbox stopped making the kinect xbox one adaptor?: I want to get my grand kids a kinect for their Xbox one s and the price is over $200 just for the adaptor, why would microsoft stop making something so cheap to make that seems to be catching on...