Why Mb/s instead of MB/s on Xbox dl

Discus and support Why Mb/s instead of MB/s on Xbox dl in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is this done to make people think their speed is faster than it is, seeing as there is 8000 mb (megabit) in a gb. Because its not megabytes theyre... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mickrosoft, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Mickrosoft
    Mickrosoft Guest

Is this done to make people think their speed is faster than it is, seeing as there is 8000 mb (megabit) in a gb. Because its not megabytes theyre showing other wise my 50gb dl would take 10 minutes not 40.

:)

Mickrosoft, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I think we could do with this, both on Xbox and on the Windows store. For the moment, simply divide whatever speed is showing by 8 and that will give your speed in MB/s.
  3. IRB Win User

As mentioned, Mbs is really a standard used by ISPs for download speeds so showing this via the xbox is more in line with what you would get from your ISP.

For example people with gigabit connections are bit connections not byte, hence showing download speeds in Mbps/Gbps. A 1Gbps connection is ~120MBps
  4. Ricardo Cintra Win User

That depends what server you make download, the trafic outage in your region to.
  5. ChellyChopstix Win User

Just another point to throw out there: I think 30 Mbps is easier to see and understand than 3.75 MBps. Its an easy way to avoid decimals.
  6. J0hnsta115 Win User

There isn't really a downside to using either format as they mean the same thing. Some people may not understand this, but it's really just a conversion factor depending on which is shown. While I personally would like the option to switch which units
    are shown, I don't know that it's a high priority on anyone's list at Microsoft to consider such small UI customization options.
Thema:

1. Why Mb/s instead of MB/s on Xbox dl - Similar Threads - Why instead

2. Why didn’t Xbox put the actual Discord App on Xbox instead of the account linking?

in XboX Insiders
    Why didn’t Xbox put the actual Discord App on Xbox instead of the account linking?: Title says it all but I personally Discord would be a lot better submitted by /u/III-NONAME-III [link] [comments]
  3. Why is gamebar recording the browser at the background instead of the gameplay?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is gamebar recording the browser at the background instead of the gameplay?: I tried to record a Roblox gameplay and instead of the game window it recorded the browser at the background. I have been successful in recording this game before but sometimes this happens and I...
  4. Why Are the cards green and black instead of normal colors

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Are the cards green and black instead of normal colors: Why are the decks of cards green and black instead of the normal colors of red and black? hard to play with the green color 5846c0c4-32a9-4926-8979-5a672eb4782a
  5. WHY FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 INSTEAD OF FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 INSTEAD OF FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION?: Why on Earth would Microsoft release for Xbox One FNR4 (2009) instead of the more advanced and more recent FNC (2011) ? I'm really curious about this choice. I don't even know if EA already shut...
  6. Why is the online manual in French instead of English? (Madden 25)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the online manual in French instead of English? (Madden 25): I just bought the digital version of Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and my on screen manual is in french. It also says my current language and locale setting may not be optimal. My spoken language is...
  7. Why do people always say "Soul Level" instead of just "Level"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do people always say "Soul Level" instead of just "Level"?: I mean, they're the same thing, right? In an RPG, you level up. So why bother saying "What SOUL level are you?" What's wrong with just saying, "What level are you?" Or maybe it's a texting thing....
  8. Why is the online manual in French instead of English? (Madden 25)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the online manual in French instead of English? (Madden 25): What OS version do you have on your Xbox One? To check your OS version: 1. Go to "Settings" 2. Select "System" 3. Then "Console Info" My OS version is listed as: [Mod Removed] fre The...
  9. Why are Xbox One games 70$ instead of 60$?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are Xbox One games 70$ instead of 60$?: Thanks for the link man appreciate it. 5ba0011a-6b11-478a-82bb-abb4e8e771fa
  10. Why has Microsoft started assigning gamertags instead of making you change your gamertag if ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft started assigning gamertags instead of making you change your gamertag if ...: If you want to change it to a random name then you should allow one free change after doing so. My gamertag was not bad but someone complained so I was given a really sad random gamertag that does...