Why Microsoft charge the same price as what buying as taxes

Discus and support Why Microsoft charge the same price as what buying as taxes in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello, im in Connecticut, fir some reason when trying to buy a 10$ worth of robux it says $9.99 plus application taxes so i have to buy it with 20$.... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by sultan of swat0, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Why Microsoft charge the same price as what buying as taxes

Hello, im in Connecticut, fir some reason when trying to buy a 10$ worth of robux it says $9.99 plus application taxes so i have to buy it with 20$.

:)

sultan of swat0, Nov 30, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Sultan,

Thanks for coming to the forums. In the United states, all items are taxed except food. So when you see the $9.99 it comes out to around 10.30-10.60 depending on your local tax rate. This is managed by the Federal government and your local and state governments.
    Microsoft needs to comply with these laws.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. x24hrs2livex Win User

EA wont take my payment , tax on digital and were are they games

First Microsoft is not charging you, Electronic Arts is. They can choose what forms of payments to accept. Same reason why Netflix doesnt take your Microsoft Account money. Secondly I havent looked at the ToU for EA Access but not all services allow you
    to use prepaid cards for services. Again Netflix is a prime example. Third tax is handled differently from state to state, company to company. I dont get charged tax on digital games from MS yet I get charged tax when buying games from Wal Mart. You need to
    check what your states laws are.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Microsoft points change

I don't think you understood what the ms points was

When you buy ms points the price of the points included the tax

With currency you aren't charged any different

It is actually the same season passes are 49.99 but as required by your local government you are taxed on it

Just as you are taxed on ms points purchases

You just didn't see it

Hence why the demonization were always had a different t requirement like 4000 ms points which was like 5 bucks

Etc
  5. ImpaledGremlin Win User

Over-priced games! DISGRACE!

Unfortunately xbox will have to adhere to the regions policies on taxes, prices etc.

That's why prices vary from country to country. In the uk we often pay about the same in £ to the us in $ so effectively we are charged more on face value.
  6. WildAttorney Win User

How To Save Money On Xbox One Games At Launch

Icestorm III - Not sure why you have been paying taxes on digital purchases, since I never have. When I buy points card at retail or points codes, I have never been charged tax. A 1600 point card costs be exactly $20. And then, when I buy a game online
    for, say 800 points, I pay 800 points, not 800 plus tax. Tax is being collected, no doubt, but it is incorporated into the price. This is in contrast to buying a game at retail, where in the United States, tax is added on top of the price (I realize in Europe
    this is different). So in my county of the US, for instance, I am saving 8% right there.
Thema:

1. Why Microsoft charge the same price as what buying as taxes - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft charge

2. Miért nem fogadja el a microsoft store a postcode-ot[Why the microsoft store does not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Miért nem fogadja el a microsoft store a postcode-ot[Why the microsoft store does not...: Sziasztok! Szeretnénk xbox one store-ból játékot letölteni. Akár a kártyás, akár a paypal-os fizetést választjuk a rendszer profil címet kér ( we need your profile address). A postcode-nál...
  3. Why can't I download any games on the Microsoft Store or on the PC version of Gamepass?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download any games on the Microsoft Store or on the PC version of Gamepass?: I took me about 3 - 4 restarts, clearing my windows cache, updating windows all just down download Streets of Rage 4. Now, I'm trying to download Gears Tactics and I still can't get it to work....
  4. Why is Microsoft stealing from my son!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Microsoft stealing from my son!!: My 11 year old son recently purchased minecoins with his own money. The purchase went through and the mincoins were not recieved. I have spoken with no less than 5 representatives and each one...
  5. Why is Microsoft /XBOX Using lies and false advertising to steal my money?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Microsoft /XBOX Using lies and false advertising to steal my money?!: When I buy apex coins they are not added to my account. I was allowed a refund the first 2 times it happened and now after another purchase XBOX STOLE MY MONEY AND IS REFUSING TO SEND IT BACK OR...
  6. Why is the Microsoft Xbox customer support team actually garbage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Microsoft Xbox customer support team actually garbage?: Everytime I have a problem with microsoft it takes a month for it to get fixed and thats if I can even find someone to actually talk to. Recently my account i’ve had for 10+ years was locked and I...
  7. Why did Microsoft patch out of network streaming?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did Microsoft patch out of network streaming?: I know there’s already a forum that has asked this question a year ago, but there was not one single clear answer from Microsoft. abbac0b4-2b6c-4990-afe9-261ff443383f
  8. Why is it Microsoft supporting Internet explore any more on Xbox 360 they did it for years...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it Microsoft supporting Internet explore any more on Xbox 360 they did it for years...: Why isn’t Microsoft supporting Internet explore anymore on Xbox 360 they did it for years to update it for years and now they stop doing it Microsoft company is very discouraging and very...
  9. Why can’t I log into my Microsoft account on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I log into my Microsoft account on Minecraft: Why cant i log into my microsoft account on Minecraft 81822c61-b139-4d99-9d30-3f7d7cf410f4
  10. Do You Know Why Microsoft Charges For Xbox Live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do You Know Why Microsoft Charges For Xbox Live?: The company I work for built a new building for Microsoft in Holland, I later found out it was for a server farm. Let me tell you those buildings don't come cheap Of course they don't, the...