Why no offline support or apps?

Discus and support Why no offline support or apps? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If Ubisoft can create a simple Battle Run app that connects to Shape Up (and have it for Windows Phone no less), why can't Microsoft create something... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RKangel, May 8, 2015.

1. RKangel
    RKangel Guest

If Ubisoft can create a simple Battle Run app that connects to Shape Up (and have it for Windows Phone no less), why can't Microsoft create something similar for Xbox Fitness? I will actually use the fun, but inferior, product because of this stupid little
    feature that works well.

When you are getting outplayed by a third party developer you may need a change in the management department of your fitness program. Pay attention to what's going on around you! People like their fitness data to be connected. Fitbit connects with MyFitnessPal
    and LoseIt!, and my freaking scale connects to all of those!!

So why would you put out this awesome collection of Fitness programs and data collection and not link to YOUR OWN products?!?

Please, please, PLEASE start supporting your own products and paying attention, we like connectivity.

:)

RKangel, May 8, 2015
  2. Staehlerner
    Staehlerner Guest
    Support Offline?

Why no offline support or apps? [​IMG]
    Wtf is this? It says Support Monday-Friday 9am-9pm, its Friday 6pm and still says I tried to conntact outside the opening hours?

I just bought a 50€ xbox live card to buy xbox gold with it, but it keeps asking for a creditcard/paypal? So i could have burned those 50 bucks as well, cause i cant use the money to buy the gold status?

Staehlerner, May 8, 2015
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Support Offline?

Gold can only be purchased via credit card/Paypal or by purchasing a prepaid gold card from a retailer. It's never been possible to use your Microsoft account balance to purchase gold.

Smwutches, May 8, 2015
  4. sionetix
    sionetix Guest

Xbox Fitness does sync data to RunKeeper, MapMyFitness and MyFitnessPal. As well as their own Microsoft Health and HealthVault products. You just need to configure it in the settings.

sionetix, May 8, 2015
  5. sionetix Win User

Xbox Fitness does sync data to RunKeeper, MapMyFitness and MyFitnessPal. As well as their own Microsoft Health and HealthVault products. You just need to configure it in the settings.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Support Offline?

Gold can only be purchased via credit card/Paypal or by purchasing a prepaid gold card from a retailer. It's never been possible to use your Microsoft account balance to purchase gold.
  7. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Offline Support/Update

Hi Lulzsec Colio,

I will not try and speak on behalf of the company but when "they" say the console will work offline, that does not mean that "all" features and function will work offline.

(Q)You essentially lied and told us "We wont require DRM"

(A) This was never stated, the changed was that disc games would not require a 24 hour check and are able to be traded so that they function just like the xbox 360 discs. Digital games always have required some form of DRM as this is how ownership is determined.
    Just like the disc drive check to ensure the disc in in the drive to play disc games. The DRM is on the disc

(Q)But 99% of the features are not usable offline

(A) This is a developers choice

(Q)Why is it my xbox 360 can earn achievements offline, but not my one?

(A)
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/troubleshoot-achievements-challenges

(Q)Why is it I cant save games offline on my one

(A) You can...
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/manage-cloud-saves#cd9bb720387f4eecbee9a4f6646986e8

(Q) Why is it all dashboard/avatar related stuff is blocked off on xbox one, But not on 360

(A) Its not blocked but each consoles user interface differ, so what you see on one, you will not see on another as they are completely two different systems with different games and abilities/features.

-Unlike the xbox 360, all of our profiles are tied to the cloud on the Xbox One. (this requires internet access for all features)

-Game saves are saved to the console HD but they are backed up to the cloud automatically (this requires internet access for all features)

-Dashboard is 100% online (this requires internet access for all features)

-Offline friendly is not
    what the company is marketing. There are other media outlets who are misleading people into thinking one thing when Microsoft has in many ways not said such things.

What Microsoft did say,
    www.xbox.com/.../get-the-facts

Playing games: Your Xbox One doesn’t need to be connected for you
    to enjoy offline features of games. In fact, you can take the Xbox One anywhere and play any
    disc-based Xbox One game on it. The only times you need an online connection are for initial set-up of Xbox One, and to get the
    latest system and title updates before you start playing some games.

Disc games: Share, trade-in, resell, gift, & rent game discs to your heart’s content.

Use Xbox One’s disc-based games just like you do today—there are no limitations to using and sharing them: it works like it does today on Xbox 360. If you’d rather get your games digitally, you can purchase from Xbox Live and get instant access to playing.

Gamertag/achievements: Your Gamertag and Gamerscore follow you to Xbox One.

No need to worry: you can bring your Xbox Live Gamertag and Gamerscore with you to Xbox One. Your Gamerscore will be automatically updated once you have connected to Xbox Live.
  8. capcom23 Win User

What Happened to Destroy All Humans! on Xbox 360 Marketplace?

That's why I will never support online buying games from on demand! Too overpriced anyway and they can delete the game anytime they want. You can't trust anyone! Long live OFFLINE gaming!
  9. Nic727 Win User

Why you are not happy with the change?

24 hours check was stupid idea. Now you can play offline when you want and where you want. Even if you have digital download... WHY ARE YOU NOT HAPPY?

Now you can share game and Microsoft support used game... WHY ARE YOU NOT HAPPY???

Now it's region free... WHY ARE YOU NOT HAPPY?????????
Thema:

1. Why no offline support or apps? - Similar Threads - Why offline support

2. We cannot play multiplayer offline with our xbox console , why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    We cannot play multiplayer offline with our xbox console , why?: We cannot play multiplayer on get the split screen- cables are hdmi , all plugged fine on tv , monitor and xbox console , resolution is higher that 720 , done all checks - the second controller...
  3. Why can't I play offline anymore!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play offline anymore!!: I have been a supporter of xbox for almost 20 years now, and while I've had my problems with xbox before, I've never considered reneging that support, until last month when an update for my xbox...
  4. Why can't I play BC titles offline on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play BC titles offline on Xbox One?: I have an Xbox One X and nearly 50+ Backwards compatibility titles downloaded onto my system and if I'm offline and put in the necesary disc I get a "This game isn't playable here" message. Why...
  5. Why can't I watch my movies offline?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I watch my movies offline?: I bought bought movies through the xbox store across the past 2 years, but I cant access them offline. The only reason I noticed this is my xbox is still online and can use Netflix and hulu, but I...
  6. Why do I have to reinstall game while offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to reinstall game while offline: Ok so here is the question. I am currently in offline mode because my game wont let me play it because it is due for an update. I tried to hot spot from my pho e but its got 10gb of updates...
  7. Why can't I install disc games offline on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install disc games offline on my Xbox One S?: I perfer digital games over disc because of a couple of reasons. One of those reasons is that I tried installing a disc game offline without the internet but when it reaches halfway or so, It says...
  8. Why am I unable to play AoE DE through the xbox app win 10 offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to play AoE DE through the xbox app win 10 offline: I just don't understand why nobody could give me an answer until now. The off-line mode ist activated, my device is set as an off line device, but everyday when I start the laptop new to play AoE...
  9. I get that Live is having a problem but why can't I play offline?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get that Live is having a problem but why can't I play offline?: I bought the games and downloaded them! How can I play offline when the system keeps telling me to go offline but when I do, it tells me I have to be online to play? Is local offline play not an...
  10. Why can’t I play offline. Been offline for awhile now playing till today.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play offline. Been offline for awhile now playing till today.: I come home to play farcry 5 which i have been playing offline now for a week. I come home log into my profile offline and it tells me i need to log into my xbox live account to start this game or...