Why not add the function to delay updates?

Discus and support Why not add the function to delay updates? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So why hasn’t the ability to delay/postpone updates been implemented into Xbox. It’s been in windows for a while however Xbox is missing on a simple... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PurpleNurpe, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Why not add the function to delay updates?

So why hasn’t the ability to delay/postpone updates been implemented into Xbox. It’s been in windows for a while however Xbox is missing on a simple function?

Yes i understand the concept of xbox insiders and why it’s crucial for updates to be pushed out (some at a faster pace then others) but if it’s so common at least give us the go ahead to delay them. Me personally (this will 100% not apply to everyone) am considered a “night owl” i basically stay up usually 12-8am and every night i’m forced with 300-500mb updates, people will just tell me to leave the program or some other solution however even though this is the only thing i don’t like in the program i still really like everything else. (Providing feedback, testing new things, the community, etc)

All i ask is to let us postpone updates for a maximum of 2-3 hours instead of our Xbox’s kicking us out of whatever we’re doing. I’ll even take a notification on the Xbox saying there is an update available it’s better then nothing honestly.

submitted by /u/PurpleNurpe
    [link] [comments]

/u/PurpleNurpe, Jul 26, 2019
  2. dudeskis01 Win User

Watch Dogs delayed untill Spring 2014

this is quite a delay considering how close launch was. i hope they take this chance to add smarglass/ps4 version functionality. this game would appeal a lot more to me with that.
  3. Burnin TODI Win User

Can I Use The Xbox One HDMI Pass Through To Run My 360 Media Center Extender???

Well, even though I can't stand WMC (tried it for a couple of years) I hope that for those that do like it, Microsoft adds an app or some other functionality at a later date. There are so many things they have already delayed to a later date, maybe a WMCE
    function will come in a year or so??
  4. MythagoPrincess Win User

Can I Use The Xbox One HDMI Pass Through To Run My 360 Media Center Extender???

[quote user="Burnin TODI"]

Well, even though I can't stand WMC (tried it for a couple of years) I hope that for those that do like it, Microsoft adds an app or some other functionality at a later date. There are so many things they have already delayed to a later date, maybe a WMCE
    function will come in a year or so??

[/quote]

Agreed
  5. Kevx1981 Win User

WSOP: Full House Pro is Free to download

Was half expecting that type of reply. I've got the auto renewal function turned off.

-

My gold membership finished yesterday and only got restarted today. [Mod Removed] why there's an delay in the colouring of the gamertag.
  6. XBLRewards8 Win User

Past 96 hours and still no update on Xbox Live Rewards

Hello Functional Mute,

Apologies for the inconvenience. We are investigating a delay with our purchase information source that has caused this Reward to be delayed. We will update this thread when this issue has been resolved.
Thema:

Why not add the function to delay updates?

1. Why not add the function to delay updates? - Similar Threads - Why add function

2. Why not add the first supreme commander backwards compatibility to Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why not add the first supreme commander backwards compatibility to Xbox one?: The first supreme commander that was released in 2007 was the best strategy game I played on xbox 360 if supreme commander 2 is backward compatibility to the Xbox one, why not the first one?...
  3. Two Different File Sizes, Why? Add-Ons Do Not Come Close To Full Size Listed on Top

in XboX Insiders
    Two Different File Sizes, Why? Add-Ons Do Not Come Close To Full Size Listed on Top: [IMG] submitted by /u/SenileTomato [link] [comments]
  4. Why cant I add an account on my xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I add an account on my xbox one?: My xbox one didnt let me login to xbox live a few weeks ago, and I tried everythign and still cannot login. I've deleted my account, then tried to add it back on, but when I click 'add new' it...
  5. Why I can't play realms & multiplayer game and add friends

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why I can't play realms & multiplayer game and add friends: Why I can't play realms add server and friends 80d4dec2-99b9-4582-a472-948cb314e68a
  6. If you could add a new feature to Xbox, what would it be and why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If you could add a new feature to Xbox, what would it be and why?: The ability to turn off auto-clips for certain games (I'm looking at you EA Sports titles), and the ability to move where the notifications pop ups appear. Sometimes they obscure vital parts of...
  7. Why am I unable to add a friend?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I unable to add a friend?: I am able to add friends except one particular friend. I've been on to his Profile on Xbox live and gone to "Add friend". I've chosen to friend him and pressed submit but keep getting the message...
  8. Why does Solitaire randomly add multiple hours to the "played" counter?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Solitaire randomly add multiple hours to the "played" counter?: I was playing the Event, and was showing that I had spent 35 minutes playing. I closed the Solitaire app and went away for two hours. When I got back I played one more game after which the total...
  9. Why is the add money to family member, account balance greyed out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is the add money to family member, account balance greyed out?: Why is the add money to family member, account balance greyed out? I want to send that money. You can only add money via PayPal and VISA Credit card. Looks like a bit of a swindle to me grrrr...
  10. why is it I am being forced to add another security account to my email when I already have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why is it I am being forced to add another security account to my email when I already have...: ill try and make this as brief as possible. so today I was trying to sign in on my old xbox 360 its been about a year or so, after connecting it to the internet and trying to sign in i'm greeted...