Why the 90 day expiration on XBox Reward Cards

Discus and support Why the 90 day expiration on XBox Reward Cards in XBoX Rewards to solve the problem; Would anyone be able to tell me how come once points are redeemed for an XBox gift card you only have 90 days to spend it? Makes it tough to save up... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards' started by Saeleth, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Saeleth
    Saeleth Guest

Would anyone be able to tell me how come once points are redeemed for an XBox gift card you only have 90 days to spend it? Makes it tough to save up for a $60 game when you have to spend points and gift cards so fast Why the 90 day expiration on XBox Reward Cards :(

:)

Saeleth, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Got My Money Refunded When I Put SO mUCh work into geting all those points

Keep in mind that any funds from promotions or the Rewards program has an expiration date. If they were from the Xbox Rewards program, they expire 1 year after deposit. If they were from the Microsoft Rewards program, they expire 90 days after redemption.

Smwutches, Aug 5, 2018
  3. eber3
    eber3 Guest
    Feel cheated by the promise of "no expiry" when purchasing "Microsoft Points".

Promotional balances have expiration dates. Like rewards money and Bing $5 cards, but the the balance from buying gift cards doesn't. I don't see why the old MS points would expire either, unless you never converted them.

eber3, Aug 5, 2018
  4. IRB
    IRB Guest

Hi

That does seem quite short. usually for promotional offers they are limited to 90 days, but regular gift cards don't have that limit.

Did you purchase promotional gift codes from somewhere? Bing Rewards for example are promotional codes that expire.

5. Saeleth
    Saeleth Guest
    It is Microsoft Rewards which you purchase using Bing reward points. I guess that explains it then.

Saeleth, Nov 3, 2018
  6. Saeleth Win User

Hi

That does seem quite short. usually for promotional offers they are limited to 90 days, but regular gift cards don't have that limit.

Did you purchase promotional gift codes from somewhere? Bing Rewards for example are promotional codes that expire.
    It is Microsoft Rewards which you purchase using Bing reward points. I guess that explains it then.
  7. IRB Win User

Hi

8. Smwutches Win User

Got My Money Refunded When I Put SO mUCh work into geting all those points

Keep in mind that any funds from promotions or the Rewards program has an expiration date. If they were from the Xbox Rewards program, they expire 1 year after deposit. If they were from the Microsoft Rewards program, they expire 90 days after redemption.
  9. Wackieracer Win User

How do I accumulate enough points for a $20 gift card?

Keep doing the daily missions in the Microsoft rewards, and wait for the discount gift cards to roll around, as they often do that way it costs you less points to redeem the gift card.

Also as a gift card has to be spent within 90 days, keep building up your points and only redeem whenever you are going to spend it, as after the 90 days the balance of the gift card disappears.
  10. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Microsoft Rewards

Hallo,

if you be a part of the MS Bing Reward Programm and redeem your Points in a "credit card"/ you have to use them within 90 day.

You can see when it expired here and what was going on here.

Hope this help you!
Thema:

1. Why the 90 day expiration on XBox Reward Cards - Similar Threads - Why expiration Reward

2. Why would the warranty on my new xbox one x be expired?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why would the warranty on my new xbox one x be expired?: Hi, I purchased an Xbox One X (NBA 2K19 bundle) in December 2020. It currently is showing E102 errors when I start the xbox and I am unable to perform a factory reset (it just restarts and shows...
  3. Got message "Your Membership expiring" why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got message "Your Membership expiring" why?: When I logged into my XPASS for windows today the first thing I saw was "Your Membership expiring" Why am I getting this when I am on re-occurring payments I checked my account and confirmed it...
  4. why can´t i renew an expired subscripcion with my account money?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can´t i renew an expired subscripcion with my account money?: i usually pay game pass with gift cards but this last time i couldn´t pay it and now i can´t renew it with my money account 754f1be3-fcee-4a9e-bba5-e3121e79afa5
  5. xbox live 12 months expire after 3 months. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live 12 months expire after 3 months. Why?: We got a X-Box live Gold 12months subscription activated in February 2019 then in june, the subscription has expired. When we enter the code again, it says that the code has already been used....
  6. Tell me why my 14 day Xbox Live subscription has expired in 7 days ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tell me why my 14 day Xbox Live subscription has expired in 7 days ???: Tell me why my 14 day Xbox Live subscription has expired in 7 days ??? Microsoft support so far has been terrible.. or is it Xbox, or is it Outlook ? 60ec61c6-cf47-4f47-870b-0edbab2ee62c
  7. Why isn't my xbox gold working it reads thst it doesn't expire til 1/21/18

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox gold working it reads thst it doesn't expire til 1/21/18: My xbox gold won't come up and it reads thst its still active til Jan 21st 2018 42a54c42-e611-43c4-8e5c-858b37d2c8b7
  8. Amount expired. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Amount expired. Why?: I had canceled the automatic renewal of the ESO PLUS subscription expiring on 16/07/2017. Now the subscription is correctly canceled but with a expired amount of 10 euros. Why?...
  9. My Xbox live don't expire till Jan 30 2018, why and I still being pestered on the dashboard ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox live don't expire till Jan 30 2018, why and I still being pestered on the dashboard ...: My Xbox live don't expire till Jan 30 2018, why and I still being pestered on the dashboard that its about to expire, 2018, 2018, its 2017 e1ac2d0a-c4f8-4e27-84d4-272298912b88
  10. My xbox gold was canceled and I do not know why. The expiration date is January 8th.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gold was canceled and I do not know why. The expiration date is January 8th.: Can anybody help me with this issue? I have tried to contact Microsoft using several ways, none of them I was successful, here in the forum is my last attempt. My gold membership was canceled...