Why the downloadable content in xbox live SA is very limited?

Discus and support Why the downloadable content in xbox live SA is very limited? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Account region: Saudi Arabia Physical region: Saudi Arabia Internet Service Provider (ISP): Mobily 4G broadband Content you are trying to download:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GhostlyCentaur5, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Why the downloadable content in xbox live SA is very limited?

Account region: Saudi Arabia

Physical region: Saudi Arabia

Internet Service Provider (ISP): Mobily 4G broadband

Content you are trying to download: Games

By comparing the downloadable contents (especially games) between xbox live SA and xbox live US and Europe I found a huge difference in terms of the number of available games for download between the databases of the three previously mentioned xbox
    live websites. I noticed that the downloadable games available in xbox live SA are very limited in comparison to other xbox lives. As an owner of xbox360, this fact is very disturbing to me as I expect to have access to the full list of games available on
    the console I own. Thus, I would like to raise an official complaint in this regrad and ask the incharges to take the proper action to resolve this issue.

Also, I encountered another disturbing issue while using xbox live SA, I can't seem to have access to a full list of the games available in the website. Even when I click on the A-Z list it leads me to a very limited list of the actual "limited" list
    available in the xbox live SA database. And when I click on any game for instance, the list of other recommended games might include games that were not listed in the A-Z list in the first place.

:)

GhostlyCentaur5, Jan 27, 2014
  2. Why downloadable games are limited on XBOX live SA?

By comparing the downloadable contents (especially games) between xbox live SA and xbox live US and Europe I found a huge difference in terms of the number of available games for download between the databases of the three previously mentioned xbox live
    websites. I noticed that the downloadable games available in xbox live SA are very limited in comparison to other xbox lives. As an owner of xbox360, this fact is very disturbing to me as I expect to have access to the full list of games available on the console
    I own. Thus, I would like to raise an official complaint in this regrad and ask the incharges to take the proper action to resolve this issue.

Also, I encountered another disturbing issue while using xbox live SA, I can't seem to have access to a full list of the games available in the website. Even when I click on the A-Z list it leads me to a very limited list of the actual "limited" list available
    in the xbox live SA database. And when I click on any game for instance, the list of other recommended games might include games that were not listed in the A-Z list in the first place.

GhostlyCentaur5, Jan 27, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, Jan 27, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Well the differences in content laws and international laws do affect what can be available in certain regions

Like gta would be censored in sa due to certain violent and other unmentionable content

Halo would also be one due to the religious aspects of the game

It's is not easy as flipping a switch as you and ms both have to abide by international laws

Content has to be localized for local laws and business rules

This also has to be done per publisher not just ms

Sa is a new region it will take awhile to publish for your region

ngocphi, Jan 27, 2014
  5. ngocphi Win User

Well the differences in content laws and international laws do affect what can be available in certain regions

Like gta would be censored in sa due to certain violent and other unmentionable content

Halo would also be one due to the religious aspects of the game

It's is not easy as flipping a switch as you and ms both have to abide by international laws

Content has to be localized for local laws and business rules

This also has to be done per publisher not just ms

Sa is a new region it will take awhile to publish for your region
  6. Temhotabot Win User

Not available in my Location...

There is an English map pack for Canadians. When you go to download the map pack you must make sure you select the correct one as there are two available for Canada, English and French. When downloading the map pack it is best
    to have the game in the console and to buy the content from the in game Marketplace menu to ensure you get the correct version for your region.

If you live in Canada why would you want to download content from South Africa? I'm not sure you understand how the Account Migration process works but you better be sure you really want to do that because once you do it is not
    reversible. That means when you discover certain content and Marketplace features are no longer available because you did the migration you won't be able to get them back without creating a brand new account. Not to mention if you did migrate your account
    to SA, in order to get the BO map pack you would need to physically live in SA as when you download region restricted content your IP address comes into play to verify you are in the region. So, migrating to SA would not help your situation at all, in fact
    it would only make it worse.
  7. ngocphi Win User

Why downloadable games are limited on XBOX live SA?

Yes but probably censored or restricted

It's not that they are banned but controlled

Your governing laws do control what is available

Gta disks can be iimported and you deal with the legality

Where if a marketplace offers it they must comply with the laws of the land and distribution rights

Your government has direct say on content and laws and availability

it isn't a flip of a switch

Content has to be modified to localized for different regions for laws and localized content etc
  8. GhostlyCentaur5 Win User

Thanx for the answer.. But how can confirm if it was certification issues or not?

From what I noticed, most of the games that are not available for download from xbox live SA are old games ,published before 2012 while you can download other games that falls under the same category but recently published. So it seems to me that the limitation
    in number of available content might not be due to this reason.
  9. IngameInstincts Win User

Hi Ghostly Centaur !

For this reason :

Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology is used by content providers such as Xbox stores to control how game and video files are used and distributed. Xbox stores sell and rent DRM-protected videos, games, and add-in content that are covered by
    media usage rights that allow specific uses of that content.
    To know more read this info :

support.xbox.com/.../download-content
Thema:

1. Why the downloadable content in xbox live SA is very limited? - Similar Threads - Why downloadable content

2. why cant i download purchased movies to my xbox 1

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i download purchased movies to my xbox 1: if I own a movie why cant I download it directly to my xbox instead of having to stream it this is not right and should be adressed fd577c5c-a15f-4638-9475-e2c85627c6d7
  3. Why can't I download DLC I have already bought?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download DLC I have already bought?: Hi :) I bought all the DLC for Dragon Age 2 back in the day when I played it on 360. Now it's backwards compatible and I'm going for that sweet 100% but I can't download the DLC I bought from the...
  4. Why have downloadable content, for when xbox services are limited. You cannot use the content.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have downloadable content, for when xbox services are limited. You cannot use the content.: I have gone through and purchased a online game instead of the disc. Thinking this would be easier than making the drive to gamestop. But, What i have notice is that you can't access the game when...
  5. Why won't my xbox download games on disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox download games on disc?: I just got R.E.7. yesterday and it made it to 49% then stopped. I went to reboot it and saw that the power brick light was orange so I rebooted and cooled down the brick. I went back this morning...
  6. why cant xbox 1 download content from internet

in XboX Networking Hardware
    why cant xbox 1 download content from internet: why cant xbox 1 download content from internet why cant we download anything. from the internet to our xbox 1 consoles when i try it says xbox cant download. error xbox doesnt support it y and r u...
  7. Why is it taking sooooooo long to download new purchased content?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it taking sooooooo long to download new purchased content?: I purchased The Walking Dead: Michonne-Episode 1 several hours ago. The download percentage will go up to anywhere between 8%-13%, back down to 5% and then stay there for a VERY LONG TIME. I've...
  8. why download on disc content to xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why download on disc content to xbox one?: I am an emergency after hours road side assistance service guy. I rented a game at 11am on Christmas eve to waist time. It is now 4pm. the game is still not down loaded. I don't understand why I...
  9. Xbox Fitness: Why is purchased content not downloaded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Fitness: Why is purchased content not downloaded?: I bought the Insanity Full Program the other day. Admittedly I did minimal research on whether it would be truly downloadable, once purchased (shame on me.) I was, never-the-less, disappointed...
  10. Why does it say "this account isnot permitted to download content with this rating"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say "this account isnot permitted to download content with this rating"?: I put my birth date as 1994 when I put it in 2-3 years ago and it won't let me download an m rated demo. I checked the family settings and it wasn't that. dbd2b774-a7a8-4d8e-ad22-061784968373