Why use a cable to fix series x controller disconnecting when we all paid for a wireless...

Discus and support Why use a cable to fix series x controller disconnecting when we all paid for a wireless... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Getting sick of this now. Controller works fine for weeks , then plays up again, constantly disconnecting. Tried all the updates etc and still same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jonathan1979, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Jonathan1979
    Jonathan1979 Guest

Why use a cable to fix series x controller disconnecting when we all paid for a wireless...

Getting sick of this now. Controller works fine for weeks , then plays up again, constantly disconnecting. Tried all the updates etc and still same issue. To make matters worse, they expect you to send the controller off for repairs/replacement which could take weeks , or even months given the amount of people complaining. Personally, I can't afford to buy another controller to keep me going while this one's away for repairs. Can't even reply to their email they send with repair info

:)

Jonathan1979, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Jesse EF. Win User

Random 10 second controller disconnects Series X

A patch to fix controllers disconnecting on the Series X was released some months back. As for the current Alpha build, unfortunately I don't know when that will be released or if it will address the issue at all.
  3. RTYPE1987 Win User

Xbox controller Elite series 2 disconnecting issues

Is happening to me on my xbox One X. The funny thing when I used it to watch YouTube or other media apps it doesn't disconnect. The disconnect happens once I start playing a game. Clearly there is something happening with the wireless connection between
    the Xbox and the controller that it seems like the controller probably can't handle all the inputs you are putting and it stops responding and disconnects. This is my hypothesis with this issue. Now we need Microsoft to read this forum and come out with a
    fix or a replacement. I made a petition if ya want to sign it to see if we get noticed and they start working on a proper fix the controller. It is not a cheap thing we need a controller that works.
  4. Blackhawks1009 Win User

Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

Im having the exact same issue with my Series X as DMcC1 though im using the modem/router provided by Spectrum Cable in western NY. Ethernet cable works fine on xbox one and any other device I connect it to, but when I connect it to the series X it will
    connect for about 2 seconds and then disconnect and tell me i dont have an ethernet cable plugged in. It then alternates between connecting for about 2 seconds and then disconnecting for a while and then repeats the process. Wireless connection seems fine.
    I guess im glad to know im not the only one.
  5. Michael✔ Win User

Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 bluetooth problem!

If anyone is having trouble with your xbox elite wireless series 2 controller disconnecting while your using it the controller requires alot of battery and a solid Bluetooth connection so any Bluetooth devices near it will cause the controller to disconnect
    i had this problem yesterday. To fix it all you have to do is hard restart your console and before you turn anything on turn off Bluetooth on all devices like phones wireless headphones anything that requires Bluetooth once you turn off everything plug the
    charging cable that came with the controller into the front usb of the xbox and the other end directly into the controller. Then turn on your Xbox once it boots up make sure your controller is turned on and then update your controller with the cable still
    plugged in once it updates start playing a game with the cable out and test it for about 2 hours and if it doesn't disconnect try turning all your Bluetooth devices back on to make its working also instead of plugging the cable into the xbox for charging the
    controller plug the usb cable into something with a high output charge like an ipad charger or a phone charger that should fix your controller msg me if you have any questions Gamertag Roguered54
  6. VelvetUnicorn Win User

Xbox Elite 2 - Windows 10 - Won't connect after using USB cable

We are having the same issue with four Series 2 controllers. Have you figured out why the controller does not connect via Bluetooth after disconnecting it from the USB cable? I can't imagine this is how the controller was designed to work. Thanks.
Thema:

1. Why use a cable to fix series x controller disconnecting when we all paid for a wireless... - Similar Threads - Why cable fix

2. Why is The first amendment right infringed on

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is The first amendment right infringed on: We are getting suspended for trash talking with an review but when people hack to cheat the system or there games and gets a away but when we exercise our god given /constitutional right freedom...
  3. Why my xbox 360 controller works only with a cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox 360 controller works only with a cable?: I buy a used xbox 360 controller today and i try double a batteries but nothing only works with a cable Can i fix easily? b6efaee8-19ed-4cc7-adee-cebed0f6ea23
  4. Why does the XBox always forget the WiFi settings if you plug in an Ethernet cable for a while?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the XBox always forget the WiFi settings if you plug in an Ethernet cable for a while?: I cannot understand why the XBox One and XBox One X both will pretend that the WiFi was never set up if you plug in an an Ehternet cable (and get an IP). Please fix....
  5. Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?: I buy the used xbox 2 or 3 weeks ago and now i try to connect the used xbox 360 controller to my xbox 360 but nothing happens, but the cables led is not light up The usb is good i try and i try...
  6. TP-Link TD-8616: Why do I have to reconnect ethernet cable on every restart

in XboX Networking Hardware
    TP-Link TD-8616: Why do I have to reconnect ethernet cable on every restart: TP-Link (Modems/Gateways) TD-8616: Why do I have to reconnect ethernet cable on every restart I posted the other day with no joys. Just wondering what would cause the following? I have my xbox one...
  7. Why can't I see "Charter Communications" in the list of cable providers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see "Charter Communications" in the list of cable providers?: I am trying to setup TV Guide but I don't see "Charter Communications" in the list of cable providers? What can I do? Thank you 2a0adbeb-d6b5-46e0-871f-73ec49de5a95
  8. Why is my whole display unsharp if I connect my Xbox 360 with my BenQ with a HDMI Cable ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my whole display unsharp if I connect my Xbox 360 with my BenQ with a HDMI Cable ?: I tried to connect my Xbox 360 with my BenQ Monitor. I used a HDMI Cable to connect them. After putting the settings on 1080p, everything is a little unsharp and even with other settings I dont...
  9. Did you replace the Xbox One HDMI cable and why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did you replace the Xbox One HDMI cable and why?: Is there any way to improve a/v with a better cable? d4e36919-641c-4396-b167-d112813a9941
  10. Why is my Xbox One headset adapter not working? I bought the proper cable adapter with it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One headset adapter not working? I bought the proper cable adapter with it.: Hello! Recently, my friend gave me his headset adapter because he said he ordered a new pair of Turtle Beaches and they came with its own adapter. He gave me ONLY the adapter though, and said I'd...