Why won't Movies&TV or Media Player play mp4 vids? Xbox One S

Discus and support Why won't Movies&TV or Media Player play mp4 vids? Xbox One S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It plays the sound track but no picture? (scratching head) acdf9ac3-2b4e-4816-94d8-f50c4ba9b616 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rsn25, Jun 5, 2017.

1. rsn25
    rsn25 Guest

It plays the sound track but no picture? (scratching head)

:)

rsn25, Jun 5, 2017
  2. tolmie
    tolmie Guest
    xbox one hopeless media player

Hi folks, I got an xbox one with the view to watching movies etc on it. I have loads of mkv files and even mp4 now, the xbox one can play none of them no matter if I use the media player app or plex. Is there anything Im doing wrong, my br player can play all these files, my cheap android player can and so can my tv, can the xbox play anything, is there some settings I need to change. I converted a mkv to mp4 format thinking thats gotta work, nope.

tolmie, Jun 5, 2017
  3. VytoG
    VytoG Guest
    Media Player and MP4's

Greetings...

Does the XB1 Media Player support MP4's ? It sees the WMV files on my Media Server, but not the MP4's.

TIA

Vyto

VytoG, Jun 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Why won't Movies&TV or Media Player play mp4 vids? Xbox One S - Similar Threads - Why won't Movies&TV

2. why won't my microsoft jackpot coin balance upload to the cloud

in XBoX on Windows
    why won't my microsoft jackpot coin balance upload to the cloud: my jackpot coin balance hasn't uploaded to the cloud for a few day now. My internet is working fine for all the other Microsoft game and everything else I do on the internet and it signs into xbox...
  3. Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?: Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why? If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the reply. dd8aed95-8551-4640-9ee3-0c81dbe2a96f
  4. I have 2 dlc's from 2 different games that won't install. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have 2 dlc's from 2 different games that won't install. Why?: I have tried the power cycling and cache clearing. I have even tried the factory reset. No matter what I try, they just won't install. They start and immediately stop. What can I do?...
  5. Why won't the jigsaw puzzle open?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the jigsaw puzzle open?: The jigsaw puzzle won't launch from its home screen. ecc49ece-1d53-47d9-8fe7-95fa0c3e9706
  6. Why won't Microsoft listen to me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft listen to me?: I and seems many others have been having issues with Xbox original games not installing on the Xbox 360. We keep getting told various reasons, internet connections, server problems, blah blah...
  7. My headphones work but why won't my mic ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headphones work but why won't my mic ?: Ok i have seriously tried every thing .. .ive bought multiple controllers....TONS of headphones . Some xbox and some knoxk off brand .. so heres the thing. One zecond the things will work yhen...
  8. why won't my xbox one s verify update past 46%

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my xbox one s verify update past 46%: I just bought a brand new Xbox one S and turned it on and connected to the internet. Then it wanted to update and now is stuck at 46% Verifying update, step 2 of 3. Now my xbox is making loud...
  9. Why won't the Microsoft Xbox Store not work!?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why won't the Microsoft Xbox Store not work!?: Seriously! New games come out! Very curious in buying a few, yet I've been stuck for 24 hours, getting the same MESSAGE of "Try that again, Page could not be loaded. Please try again later." with...
  10. Why won't my external hdd launch games anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my external hdd launch games anymore?: I have a Seagate expansion desktop drive model SRD00F2 and for some reason since january of this year it won't launch any games. I get the message saying that it took too long to launch the...