Why won't Movies&TV or Media Player play mp4 vids? Xbox One S

Discus and support Why won't Movies&TV or Media Player play mp4 vids? Xbox One S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It plays the sound track but no picture? (scratching head) acdf9ac3-2b4e-4816-94d8-f50c4ba9b616 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rsn25, Jun 5, 2017.

1. rsn25
    rsn25 Guest

It plays the sound track but no picture? (scratching head)

:)

rsn25, Jun 5, 2017
  2. tolmie
    tolmie Guest
    xbox one hopeless media player

Hi folks, I got an xbox one with the view to watching movies etc on it. I have loads of mkv files and even mp4 now, the xbox one can play none of them no matter if I use the media player app or plex. Is there anything Im doing wrong, my br player can play all these files, my cheap android player can and so can my tv, can the xbox play anything, is there some settings I need to change. I converted a mkv to mp4 format thinking thats gotta work, nope.

tolmie, Jun 5, 2017
  3. VytoG
    VytoG Guest
    Media Player and MP4's

Greetings...

Does the XB1 Media Player support MP4's ? It sees the WMV files on my Media Server, but not the MP4's.

TIA

Vyto

VytoG, Jun 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Why won't Movies&TV or Media Player play mp4 vids? Xbox One S - Similar Threads - Why won't Movies&TV

2. Why won't my PC see my Xbox using Wireless display app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my PC see my Xbox using Wireless display app?: When running the app on my Xbox I click on "connect to wireless display" on my PC and it doesn't see anything? PC sits about 15 feet from the Xbox, tried my laptop and it wont see it either. Why...
  3. Why microsoft won't accept my textfree phone number?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why microsoft won't accept my textfree phone number?: I been using textfree phone number to login my microsoft account with my xbox one in few year old but now it won't accept it. Please help. I really want to use my old textfree phone number. I...
  4. Microsoft Won't Refund My Accidental Purchase and Won't Tell Me Why - Just Keep Closing the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Won't Refund My Accidental Purchase and Won't Tell Me Why - Just Keep Closing the...: So I accidentally bought Star Wars Battlefront 2, I thought I was just downloading a game I had already purchased and didn't realize I was actually buying it. I then realized my mistake and tried...
  5. Why won't my controller work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my controller work?: So I recently bought Minecraft and seen people connect their controllers (a wired Nintendo switch) to their laptop. So I did my research and was able to connect it. So I started the game and tried...
  6. Why won't my Microsoft Store won't launch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Microsoft Store won't launch?: I just pre-ordered MK11 and wanted to play the Beta for the weekend, but when I go to the Microsoft Store to Redeem Code, it keeps kicking me out or won't launch. I double checked and tried to...
  7. Purchased worlds won't download in Minecraft. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased worlds won't download in Minecraft. Why?: Worlds bought from the Minecraft store wont download anymore. Anyone had similar problem? Does anyone know why? I have plenty of disk space left. 144GB. Best regards [img]...
  8. Why won't i get message from xbox live telling me that we take action after i report a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't i get message from xbox live telling me that we take action after i report a...: I got a threaten message from someone about hacked me. I report it multi time because i paniac. I block it and try to forget about. I don't want to be hack. I got hack by someone online two times...
  9. why won't my microsoft jackpot coin balance upload to the cloud

in XBoX on Windows
    why won't my microsoft jackpot coin balance upload to the cloud: my jackpot coin balance hasn't uploaded to the cloud for a few day now. My internet is working fine for all the other Microsoft game and everything else I do on the internet and it signs into xbox...
  10. Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?: Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why? If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the reply. dd8aed95-8551-4640-9ee3-0c81dbe2a96f