Why would the warranty on my new xbox one x be expired?

Discus and support Why would the warranty on my new xbox one x be expired? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased an Xbox One X (NBA 2K19 bundle) in December 2020. It currently is showing E102 errors when I start the xbox and I am unable to perform... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jimgfung, Mar 21, 2020.

1. jimgfung
    jimgfung Guest

Hi,

I purchased an Xbox One X (NBA 2K19 bundle) in December 2020. It currently is showing E102 errors when I start the xbox and I am unable to perform a factory reset (it just restarts and shows E102 again).

The warranty is showing as expired when I check its status online. I contacted the retailer and they said that Microsoft starts the warranty when its manufactured, that the item I was sold was new, and that showing Microsoft my invoice will reset my warranty
    to begin when I actually purchased it.

Is it true that the warranty starts by default when manufactured? How do I get in contact with a customer support rep? Clicking through the help portion of the xbox website keeps pointing me back at various unhelpful articles.

:)

jimgfung, Mar 21, 2020
  2. kev edin Win User

If you have proof of purchase, get in touch with Microsoft and send them a picture of your proof .

Or go online and try register your xbox using the date you bought it . Good luck 👍
  3. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

I assume you mean December 2019?

This can and does happen, depending on the retailer and how long the product has been on their shelf/inventory.

You will need to contact
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us
    . As long as you have the required receipt, they should be able to adjust the warranty accordingly.
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

This exact thing happened to my neighbor about 2 weeks ago. Contacted the local support and they where unable to assist. Eventually the retailer he bought it from where willing to assist with fixing it, until they found out the console is a dud. They will
    be exchanging it for a new one for him.

With the semi lockdown we currently have it will be a few days longer before he will be able to get it.
  5. sonicthoughts-22 Win User

I have tried to contact support but they say there is no way to contact support for this issue as my warranty has expired. This is a brand new device that i registered. same product. this is clearly an error with microsoft.
  6. AridLizard Win User

have you actually registered your Xbox?

sign in at https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ then select your Xbox.

if it then shows a blue button labelled Register Device you should click that and follow the onscreen instructions.

it should then show the correct warranty status
Thema:

1. Why would the warranty on my new xbox one x be expired? - Similar Threads - Why warranty expired

2. Why can’t I start or join a party?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I start or join a party?: When I select “start a party” it goes grey and just says Party encountered an error. I’ve done a hard restart unplugged everything and still shows the same thing. I can play and chat with no...
  3. Why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why: I dropped my xbox once and now two weeks later my xbox turns of randomly every few days d652d90d-1b6e-4eb6-8f57-5b04765de98f
  4. Why can't I use a custom photo as a gamer picture?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I use a custom photo as a gamer picture?: For some reason when I try using a custom image, the xbox app says "Sorry we cannot upload this picture right now, try again later." This has happened to me a few times over the span of a few...
  5. Why can't I remove subscription?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why can't I remove subscription?: This is my daughters xbox account i made for her and i want to cancel the subscription as she is on my xbox so i dont need 2. Went to cancel and cannot remove someone please help. Cant even...
  6. Why are all the controllers skipping and is this fixable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all the controllers skipping and is this fixable: I bought an Xbox from someone online he claimed the only issue was the joy stick on the controller, every time i move the joy stick and D pad it skips a good 2 or 3 tabs. But its happening with...
  7. Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?: I brought my son a custom designlabs controller 10 months ago. Last night he said it was broken so I said no problem, it's a premium product and will be covered by warranty. I go online to find...
  8. Why can’t I register my Xbox one controller for the warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I register my Xbox one controller for the warranty: I need to return the controller which is in its 3 month warranty period. The only apparent way is to register it on my microsoft account. Choosing register devices and accessories lets me register...
  9. Why does it say that my item is not covered under warranty even though it expires on aug.2015?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it say that my item is not covered under warranty even though it expires on aug.2015?: so my xbox one mic stopped working but i can hear other people when they talk, and now I am trying to get a replacement but it says my item is not covered under warranty. Why is this?...
  10. Why is does a controller's warranty only cover 90 days?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is does a controller's warranty only cover 90 days?: I've been searching around to fix a problem where my Xbox One controller's right stick drifts up when playing a game, it's especially annoying on games that have the camera mapped onto it. This...