Why XboxOne takes forever to install? Is it normal?

Discus and support Why XboxOne takes forever to install? Is it normal? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox one takes approximately 3 to 4 days to download/install a game demo. Is this normal or is it that my x1 is defective? Please help!!!! And also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StinkyTrout56, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Why XboxOne takes forever to install? Is it normal?

my xbox one takes approximately 3 to 4 days to download/install a game demo. Is this normal or is it that my x1 is defective? Please help!!!! And also today it all in a sudden it doesn't hear my voice command any more. When I say "Xbox" it doesn't show those
    green letter so could some one help please?

Question:

1) Why does it take so long to install a game demo. (3 to 4 days approximately)

2) Why doesn't it recognize/hear my command anymore? What do I do to get it hear me again?

:)

StinkyTrout56, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Installing games takes forever why ?

This is freaking slam on xbox. It should never take this long for a disc based game to install. Especially since they make you install it. I like putting my game in and playing it. That's the whole purpose of getting the disc. I feel they are making
    you pay for the counter of doing just download only debate. Get it fixed xbox or im buying a playstation 4 and it looks like you really can't afford that. I want to be loyal but this is not needed.

BARRACUDA BLU32, Feb 17, 2014
  3. BusGod
    BusGod Guest
    Installing games takes forever why ?

Because they will download the update/patch first, before installing from Disc. The DR3 patch is 13GIGS!!! so depending on your network and ISP that may take you overnight, then it will start installing from disc.

BusGod, Feb 17, 2014
  4. Why XboxOne takes forever to install? Is it normal?

If you're installing games from a disc it shouldn't take anywhere near that amount of time. If you are downloading games from the online store, that depends on your internet speed and/or network configuration.

Not sure what to tell you about it not recognizing your voice, other than to reboot the system by unplugging it from the power outlet and wait about 30 secs and then plug it back and power it back on.

Soaked1nBleach, Feb 17, 2014
  5. thanks Soaked1nBleach! followed your advice, unplugged the power outlet 30s plug it back and power on. Now it works fine recognizing my voice perfectly. Thanks. About installing demo from the online store. From reading your reply I guess it's probably my
    internet speed.

Question, could I configure my internet speed to go faster from my X1 or do I have to call the cable company for that?

StinkyTrout56, Feb 17, 2014
  6. If you're internet speed is the issue, then you would need to contact your internet provider to see about increasing your speed.

Soaked1nBleach, Feb 18, 2014
  7. Gillette 73
    Gillette 73 Guest
    dont forget you can also do downloads installs while in standby - so this saves time

Gillette 73, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Soaked1nBleach Win User

If you're internet speed is the issue, then you would need to contact your internet provider to see about increasing your speed.
  9. Soaked1nBleach Win User

If you're installing games from a disc it shouldn't take anywhere near that amount of time. If you are downloading games from the online store, that depends on your internet speed and/or network configuration.

Not sure what to tell you about it not recognizing your voice, other than to reboot the system by unplugging it from the power outlet and wait about 30 secs and then plug it back and power it back on.
  10. Gillette 73 Win User

dont forget you can also do downloads installs while in standby - so this saves time
  11. StinkyTrout56 Win User

thanks Soaked1nBleach! followed your advice, unplugged the power outlet 30s plug it back and power on. Now it works fine recognizing my voice perfectly. Thanks. About installing demo from the online store. From reading your reply I guess it's probably my
    internet speed.

Question, could I configure my internet speed to go faster from my X1 or do I have to call the cable company for that?
  12. lemonskittles57 Win User

Xbox One Lag/connection question

every now in then it takes forever for me to connect to xbox live and im trying to see can the people upgrade my xboxone to run faster and to connect easier
Thema:

1. Why XboxOne takes forever to install? Is it normal? - Similar Threads - Why XboxOne takes

2. Why is Warzone being installed on my XBoxOne.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Warzone being installed on my XBoxOne.: I only want CoD MW installed on my XBOXONE but I can't play MW without also installing Warzone. If I don't install WZ, I can't play MW. Why am I being forced to DL a game I don't want and why...
  3. Why cant I install anything free in Microsoft Store on XboxOne?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I install anything free in Microsoft Store on XboxOne?: I've attemted to install Batman, the free game this month, and ESPN+ and nothing happens when I click, "Get". Go figure, when I buy Star Wars Jedi, it work then...anyone else having this issue?...
  4. Why was streaming from OneDrive through the Groove App on XboxOne discontinued.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was streaming from OneDrive through the Groove App on XboxOne discontinued.: I played my music at home this way all the time. The best speakers in my house are attached to the TV, so this was a great option. Thanks. 6721e1da-6d5f-493b-bf93-5289960fca14
  5. Why does microsoft deny the XBOXoneS has major faults?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does microsoft deny the XBOXoneS has major faults?: Since i bought the PUBG release XBOXONES ive had nothing but issues with it. Ive spent hours on the phone with microsoft setting up my router to their specs. Spent 250$ on a new router which i was...
  6. Why won't my Xboxone update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xboxone update?: I hadn't used it for a couple of days, I turned it on and it said there was a problem with the update "You need this update to use your console, but something went wrong" Error code: 0x8B05000C...
  7. Why won't my Xboxone update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xboxone update?: I hadn't used it for a couple of days, I turned it on and it said there was a problem with the update "You need this update to use your console, but something went wrong" Error code: 0x8B05000C...
  8. Why does my XboxOne keep turning on by itself? My account was hacked and recovered.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XboxOne keep turning on by itself? My account was hacked and recovered.: So a couple of weeks ago, I got an email saying my MS account was compromised by someone in Portugal. And I use this account on my Xbox One. Ever since resetting my account, I've noticed that my...
  9. Why Does My XboxOne S Keep Disconnecting From Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Does My XboxOne S Keep Disconnecting From Xbox Live: From time to time my Xbox one s disconnects from Xbox Live if why it disconnects me from the wifi as well it happens like every hour someone plz help me b67bc13c-ebdb-4df8-b60d-e183db2cef7d
  10. Why did you make a garbage battery charger for the Xboxone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did you make a garbage battery charger for the Xboxone?: What were you thinking? The 360 had a nice sturdy recharge kit. What happened? The Xboxone's charger is utter trash. It breaks with in minutes of you connecting it to the controller. No one at...