Wi-Fi and Ethernet Problems for Over a Year

Discus and support Wi-Fi and Ethernet Problems for Over a Year in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I got my Xbox Series X in December of 2020. It is now January of 2022. I’m still having the same network issues. When I boot up my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EthanMikolay, Jan 15, 2022.

1. EthanMikolay
    EthanMikolay Guest

Hi all,

I got my Xbox Series X in December of 2020. It is now January of 2022. I’m still having the same network issues.

When I boot up my Xbox (energy saving or instant on), it usually automatically connects to my WiFi. However, in a regular 2-3 hour gaming session, my console disconnects from the WiFi for a couple seconds and then reconnects like 5 times, kicking me from my party and online games. This only happens when I’m connected to my 5ghz WiFi band. If I connect to the 2.4ghz WiFi band, it stays connected, but 2.4ghz WiFi is soooo slow and lags horribly.

I’ve tried using several different Ethernet cords with several different routers over the last year of owning this console and it’s somehow WORSE. It either doesn’t recognize that the Ethernet cord is plugged in, or it constantly disconnects and reconnects even more often than WiFi for no apparent reason.

It’s not my router that’s the problem; everything else in the house connects to the internet just fine, including my old Xbox One that I’ve used for almost a decade. Here’s what I’ve already tried to solve this:

- Restart console

- Turn off console

- Unplug power, wait, turn back on

- Clear MAC address

- Try alternate ports in advanced network settings

- Factory reset my whole Xbox (twice!)

- adjusting EVERY other setting imaginable

I waited this out the whole time because I didn’t want to deal with horrible supply chain issues and customer service, but I just realized my warranty expired in December of 2021.

Please help. I’ve spent a lot of money and time on this and I just want to play with my friends without disconnecting every couple minutes Wi-Fi and Ethernet Problems for Over a Year :(

:)

EthanMikolay, Jan 15, 2022
  2. bigd7387-793927D4-66 Win User

Background Downloads Broken?

It could be something with your wi-fi connection / router and nothing with the actual background download. I haven't had any issues with background downloading and I've been using the 360 Slim for over a year now and I only use the wi-fi connection, not
    ethernet cable.
  3. Miss Bijoux Win User

Problem with filtering MAC address

Hey there -

Does resetting your router alleviate this problem by any chance? If not, what does your home network set up look like and are you playing over Wi-Fi or Ethernet? If Wi-Fi, can you try connecting via Ethernet cable to see what happens please?

Keep us posted. :)
  4. Larry Shwa Win User

Download speed

Do you use Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
    Wi-Fi
  5. KJCAPTAIN420 Win User

Xbox One X disconnects from internet every 15-30 minutes

I would hard wire it with Ethernet cable and see if problem continues... If it doesnt you know you have connection issues with Wi-Fi.... I had to upgrade my Wi-Fi to make it faster to stop this problem....
  6. beachyz Win User

Xbox live isn't working

You might have some problems with your Wi-Fi, or if you're using ethernet then there may be ISP problems.
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi and Ethernet Problems for Over a Year - Similar Threads - Ethernet Problems

2. Series X problem with ethernet (does not work with ethernet cable)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X problem with ethernet (does not work with ethernet cable): My series X with ethernet cable does not work, I already tried using a cat 6 cable, also a cat 5e, the result is the same, it connects and after 30 seconds it disconnects and does not...
  3. Xbox Ethernet problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox Ethernet problem: Xbox Ethernet problem Try it with the only thing connected to the router is the xbox, see if that works. Do you have a wifi option see if that works. Your next step may be a factory reset keeping...
  4. Problem with ethernet cable and 1gb/s speed connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with ethernet cable and 1gb/s speed connection: From 2 weeks when I test my speedtest connection on my xbox one X with nat open, I can' t run over 160 mb(s while before I run 650 mb/s. This cause me problem with xbox live games. Premise that...
  5. Xbox Ethernet connection problems

Xbox Ethernet connection problems: Xbox Ethernet connection problems Hey there Baxter! Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to connect to your Wifi. Now, if this is happening right after you setting up your...
  6. Ethernet connectivity problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ethernet connectivity problems: Hello, I was hoping to find help from the community as this has been extremely frustrating lately. I usually play and connect my Xbox One S via an ethernet cable using a specific port....
  7. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Ethernet irritating problem

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Ethernet irritating problem: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Ethernet irritating problem so I go to college, and my dorms have a security on the Wi-Fi that doesn't allow it to be used on console. So I went to...
  8. Ethernet cable / xboxlive problem

Ethernet cable / xboxlive problem: Ethernet cable / xboxlive problem every time I turn off my Xbox and then turn it back on the next day it says connect to Xbox live, then I click on it I takes me to the network settings page then...
  9. Ethernet Problems

Ethernet Problems: Ethernet Problems hey, my Xbox X has been working fine for a few months now and all of the sudden the Ethernet port won’t pick up any type of connection, I’ve tried multiple different ports I’ve...
  10. Xbox ONE Ethernet problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox ONE Ethernet problem: So I have Had My Xbone for almost a couple of years now and have literally never plugged in an Ethernet cable and suddenly it wont let me get online cause it thinks that there is an Ethernet cable...