Wifi connection really laggy but connection on other devices are fine

Discus and support Wifi connection really laggy but connection on other devices are fine in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Wifi connection really laggy but connection on other devices are fine Hi, i have recently been having issues with my xbox connection. For the past 2... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by MystYT, Oct 11, 2020.

1. MystYT
    MystYT Guest

Hi, i have recently been having issues with my xbox connection. For the past 2 weeks all my games have been having lag spikes all over and i can’t do anything to fix it. I’ve tried multiple DNS settings, different port selections, I’ve cleared the cache,
    I’ve reset my wifi (virgin media), I’ve cleared my persistent storage you get the point. Non of these methods have fixed my connection. All my games have become unplayable! My detailed network statistics are:

Download speed:

98.21Mbps

Upload speed:

8.67 Mbps

Packet loss:

1%

MTU:

Latency:

40 ms

Wireless strength:

100%

I’ve seen tutorials telling me to use wifi adaptor wires to improve my connection however i can’t do this because my xbox is upstairs and i can’t bring my wifi upstairs because it is plugged in by the wall.

I would really appreciate it if someone would help me fix this because i am unable to use my xbox.

thanks

:)

MystYT, Oct 11, 2020
  2. KevinZ2342 Win User

Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet

But the internet works fine with other devices. All the devices that are able to connect to wifi are connectes to the wifi except the console. I even tried to use my phone hotspot to my xbox but it still didnt work
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox live connection

"My router is completely fine every other device from phones to laptops to tablets connect and hold a connection fine."

How many other devices connect to your network hardware?

Try connecting your console with wired ethernet cable to your network hardware.

You may be getting signal interference if you're using WiFi (wireless)
  4. Brizza Win User

Wireless N Network Adapter - No 5GHz

I'm not certain but for example on any other device that you attempt to connect to wifi it will show:

• my wifi
    • my wifi 5GHz

As in all other devices show both connections separately.
  5. thomgamer2004 Win User

xbox one randomly disconnects from xbox live

i did that and it can't connect with my wifi anymore.

i already reseted my modem twice and resetted my xbox twice.

on my other devices my wifi works fine
  6. Juicyjuice2485 Win User

wireless connection

Every other device I own connects perfectly fine but the xbox. The xbox has connected before but once the xbox powered off it wouldnt reconnect. Nothing has changed with my wifi setup
Thema:

1. Wifi connection really laggy but connection on other devices are fine - Similar Threads - Wifi connection really

2. Microsoft solitary collection and xbox live have error 124 & Not connecting to wifi

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft solitary collection and xbox live have error 124 & Not connecting to wifi: How do I fix error 124 for Microsoft solitary Collection and xbox live. no internet connection? 265d44bd-2f8c-4b58-8631-d9de6f2b264f
  3. Xbox one not connecting to any WIFI.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox one not connecting to any WIFI.: Xbox one not connecting to any WIFI. Hi wi7bit, Your prompt response is very much appreciated. I to use the powerline adapters for various things at home and reported good speeds. I think we...
  4. Xbox One impossível se conectar a rede wi-fi !!![Xbox One impossible to connect to wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One impossível se conectar a rede wi-fi !!![Xbox One impossible to connect to wifi...: A conexão de rede wi-fi aparece normalmente, porém ao tentar conectar a rede, aparece uma mensagem falando que é impossível se conectar a rede e logo após aparece 6 dicas de como posso resolver o...
  5. Xbox 1 can’t connect to xfinity WiFi and it’s the only one I have!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 1 can’t connect to xfinity WiFi and it’s the only one I have!: Hi. I am trying to connect my xbox to my xfinity wifi but it says that it needs additional authentication needed. I select the option to open the webpage but it turns all black. When I try to do...
  6. Do i have to use phone app to set up wifi connection?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Do i have to use phone app to set up wifi connection?: Do i have to use phone app to set up wifi connection? Huh you never need thebphone app unless you got proofs enabled and only for signin ands thats the autheniticator app or two factor...
  7. Xbox kicks back to home when loading Game, ONLY when connected to Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox kicks back to home when loading Game, ONLY when connected to Wifi: When I start a game (any game) I get kicked back to the home screen. If I go offline, it's fine the game will start like normal. I have hard reset, cleared cache, cleared saved data on games,...
  8. Xbox one won’t connect to WiFi anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t connect to WiFi anymore: Hey everyone, My Xbox one stopped connecting to wifi yesterday and evertthing was fine thursday, but now when I turn it on it says “connect to Xbox live”. I went into network settings and no wifi...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim Says It needs a Wireless Networking Adapter to Connect to WiFi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Says It needs a Wireless Networking Adapter to Connect to WiFi.: So My Xbox 360 Slim Just Disconnected me from the WiFi and I tried to Reconnect but it said, something like To be able to connect to the wireless network I need the Adabtor...etc. Although Ik the...
  10. Xbox One X loses wifi connection when Kinect is connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X loses wifi connection when Kinect is connected: Hi, it is the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-s-kinect-one-wifi/d8a3d72a-ba68-4a9c-bcd5-3fad87472184?auth=1 but the other thread is locked without...