Wifi Issue for Xbox Series X

Discus and support Wifi Issue for Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello there, I can connect WIFI successfully to my New Series X. It works fine till I turn off. When I start my console again from Beginning I always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by htmansur, Nov 22, 2020.

1. htmansur
    htmansur Guest

Hello there,

I can connect WIFI successfully to my New Series X. It works fine till I turn off. When I start my console again from Beginning I always need to connect WIFI from setup WIFI network. Why I always need to connect WIFI when I switched off my console ?

I am wondering am I the only one that I am facing this error ? For Xbox One console It works fine once I connect WIFI for initial setup. But, for Series X it is not with the same connection and router.

It would be so so so helpful if anyone can help me to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

:)

htmansur, Nov 22, 2020
  2. kill666hills Win User

XBOX Series X - WiFi issue

Same issue here. New Series X arrived yesterday on launch day. Works fine with an Ethernet cable but not wi-fi. I have a Virgin Media broadband router in the UK. 5GHz network.

Sometimes the wi-fi will work for a couple of mins but then it'll be intermittent then stop.

I've set up a hotspot on my iPhone and it works great over that so the wi-fi on the Xbox itself must be working.

Things I've tried on the router but none have worked:

Reserved IP address

Port fowarding

Turning off firewall

DMZ zone

Changing wireless radio settings from compatible to performance and vice versa

Changed security mode to WPA2-PSK[AES]

I've tried different ports in Xbox network settings and also just done a complete factory reset but no change.

Out of ideas!

Note: All other devices working fine on wi-fi (MacBook, Dell laptop, Nintendo Switch, iPhone).
  3. DeeJayD81 Win User

I have the EXACT same issue.

Comcast Xfinity Cable/Modem

I have tried both 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

NAT is open

Change the channel on both frequencies to a less crowded one

Port forwarded all xbox live ports

Unplugged and Rebooted BOTH series x and router

Setup static IP

Factory reset series x twice

In advanced network settings and statistics (when on WiFi) on Series X

I have 100% signal strength

Latency is 197ms

0.01 Mbps download

0.14 Mbps upload

51% packet loss

Series X is 10 feet from the router in the same room

Nothing works. The instant I plug in an ethernet cable everything is fine, except now I have an ethernet cable cutting the room in half across the floor.

All other devices (consoles, laptops, iPhones, iPads, smart TVs) are working perfectly on WiFi.

If someone else has something else to try I would love to hear it
  4. Mr. Enigma146 Win User

I am also having this issue. I can connect to my wifi but nothing seems to load while on the xbox. Wired connection seems to be the only solution. Its annoying due to my modem being on the other side of the living room
  5. Cayde817 Win User

Xbox Series X Mobile Hotspot Connectivity Issues

Im having the exact same issue! except with it being the wireless connection to the router itself. No other devices are playing up, except my Series X. I have only found a handful of people with the same issue and sadly no answers, apart from running a
    ethernet cable directly from the series x to the router. Maybe a wifi hardware issue?
  6. Gobi Todic Win User

Does the Xbox Series X have different broadband requirements than the Xbox One?

Thema:

1. Wifi Issue for Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Wifi Issue Series

2. Issue with Wifi/Wired connection Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Wifi/Wired connection Xbox Series X: Has anyone else ran into this issue, but lately since the last update, when my unit crashes and reboots I Loose wifi connection, because my unit thinks it is connected with a wired connection when...
  3. Xbox series x wifi issues after sleep

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x wifi issues after sleep: I’ve had a problem where my xbox series x will not connect to wifi after it is in sleep mode. It wasnt even connecting after a full shutdown despite every other device in my house working just...
  4. Xbox 360 WiFi connection issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 WiFi connection issue.: Hello, For some reason my sons 360 will not connect to the wifi at all. I tried resetting the modem/ router and it shows as one of the modems/ routers to pick from but it says network failure...
  5. Xbox Series X WiFi Issue with Fritz.Box 3490

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X WiFi Issue with Fritz.Box 3490: Hey, I'v read about connectivity issues with Fritz.Box 7430 routers via Wi-Fi. I have a very similar problem. Every few starts of the Xbox it says that i need to connect to the Internet. When...
  6. Xbox Series X Wifi issues - lags out and disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wifi issues - lags out and disconnects: Hello, At first when I got the console this behaivour presented just a few times which I thought was a problem with my ISP so I just ignored it. Lately it has happened a lot of times. While I am...
  7. : XBox One S WiFi issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : XBox One S WiFi issue: : XBox One S WiFi issue Hi. I got problem with wifi conection. My xbox one s connect only to 5g wifi, refusing to connect to 2.4g. quite frustrating me, because if we crosplaying im not able to...
  8. Strange issue with Series X and WiFi

in XboX Insiders
    Strange issue with Series X and WiFi: Hi folks, I have an issue here with my launchday Series X and my router (Fritz.Box 7430), if I connect through wifi. So it works fine with an Ethernet cable but not with wifi, while the Xbox and...
  9. Xbox Series X wifi connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X wifi connection issues: I got my xbox series X about 24 horus ago and since then have not been able to do anything. I initially set it up with the xbox app and when i started to download assassins creed valhalla, even...
  10. XBOX Series X - WiFi issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X - WiFi issue: So I have the new XBOX Series X console and I am not able to connect this to my WiFi. Old console is working OK. New Series X is working OK on cable, but WiFi is giving me an error. I have tried...