WiFi Issues

Discus and support WiFi Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox just stopped wanting to connect to my wifi, but all my other xbox ones in my house work perfectly fine. Everytime i try to connect it says... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dontevenknow, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Dontevenknow
    Dontevenknow Guest

WiFi Issues

My Xbox just stopped wanting to connect to my wifi, but all my other xbox ones in my house work perfectly fine. Everytime i try to connect it says hardware problem and the solutions it gives me i tried and it still doesnt work and i dont know what to do, any tips?

:)

Dontevenknow, Apr 5, 2021
  2. BobMcFly247 Win User

WiFi issues

f you are participating in the preview program:

This is a known issue with the latest preview update.

Troubleshooting steps are provided in the preview forums right here:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1858421.aspx

Most common workaround is having Kinect unplugged to get the WiFi back working.

Please post there if you are part of the program to help to get this issue solved. Thxs for your understanding.
  3. BobMcFly247 Win User

WiFi issues

1. Please try doing a system cache reset. Hold the powerbutton for about 15 seconds and keep it holding even when the one turns off. Wait for the power supply to change the color to orange and then restart the console. Check if that fixes the problem.

If not then

2. Please plug in a network cable to have the wireless adapter resetted. Unplug it and then check again for wireless networks.

If that still doesn't work then

3. perform a factory reset.

And if even #3 does not fix the issue, then your console may have to be serviced as it may be a hardware issue with the WiFi adapter then.
  4. AmyHopper Win User

Wifi issues

Yes. It happens with my phone. The connection is always timing out.
  5. Vulsker Win User

Wifi Issue

I found out later on that if I don't do anything, it would pick up the network minutes later. But thankfully, it seems to have been fixed after the new update.
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

WiFi Issues

Hello Dontevenknow, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

WiFi Issues

1. WiFi Issues - Similar Threads - WiFi Issues

2. Microsoft can you please fix the series X/S WiFi lag and ping issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft can you please fix the series X/S WiFi lag and ping issues: Im tired of getting high ping when there is absolutly nothing wrong with my internet, ive reset mac address and restarted my internet and reset my xbox series x. There is no problem using wifi on...
  3. Xbox Series X connection issues to WiFi

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X connection issues to WiFi: My console stays connected to the internet until I turn it off. When I power it on again it refuses to connect to WiFi. I've tried every fix but nothing works, and I get a hardware issue message....
  4. Xbox One S WiFi Connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S WiFi Connectivity Issues: Hello, I'd appreciate some support with an issue ive encountered several times since purchasing a new Xbox One S in December 2020. The console consistently struggles to establish and maintain...
  5. Xbox wifi issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox wifi issue: For the last few months, my xbox {wired} has been cutting from wifi, although not Fully? In a way.. I don't lag out of parties.. I can still hear. I use a pretty long ethernet cable to reach. I'm...
  6. Xbox Series X WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X WiFi Issue: Just wondering if we can get someone at Microsoft/Xbox to recognise or confirm they are aware of a large issue with the Xbox Series X console. There are quite literally hundreds of people, quite...
  7. Xbox One WiFi issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One WiFi issues: Im just curious how much it will cost to have my cbox one repaired. It will not detect any wifi. Ive tried restarting normal and hard reset. I can only get connection with ethernet cable. Due to a...
  8. Xbox one wifi connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wifi connection issue: I have owned an xbox one since july 2020 i bought it for my son. When i try to set it up it doesn't see any wifi connections at all, all my other devices phones, pc, xbox 360 have no issue...
  9. Xbox Series X wifi issues getting progressively worse.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X wifi issues getting progressively worse.: Hey all! Launch day console here, noticed these issues from day one and they've only gotten worse over time. They're hard to describe, but I *finally* caught it on video when I noticed it...
  10. Xbox Series X WiFi issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X WiFi issue: Hi all, I have some issues regarding the WiFi connection on Xbox Series X. My average download speed is 160mbps. But when it comes to download a game or update on the console it comes to...