WiFi Problems Only When Hot?

Discus and support WiFi Problems Only When Hot? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; WiFi Problems Only When Hot? After about month of glorious gaming without problems, my series x recently began having wifi issues— repeated, short... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Jason Travers, Feb 18, 2021.

1. WiFi Problems Only When Hot?

After about month of glorious gaming without problems, my series x recently began having wifi issues— repeated, short disconnects that usually boot me from a game but only sometimes doesn’t result in gettignbooted from party chat. I followed all the advice given to others on this forum for troublehooting network problems to no avail. But here’s a detail that I think could be important: disconnects are more likely and more frequent when the machine has been on for a while. I can play fine for a while without issue, but begin having wifi issues only after a while (say, 45-60 min). Last night, once it started happening, i could not maintain a connection for more than a few minutes. We watched a movie, then I immediately began having wifi problems when i switched to gaming.

Is there a reason why the console temperature would affect the wifi? Could this indicate a hardware problem? If so, why would the issue not occur when turning on the console but rather after playing for a while? I guess im wondering if I should look into getting a replacement due to hardware problem rather than waiting for a firmware update that might resolve this. In the mean time, I ordered a very long ethernet cable to see if hard connection resolves the issue, but its not a long term option given my console and router locations. I will update with a comment to this question in a few days when the cable arrives.

By the way, I’ve got fiber with super speeds amd massive bandwidth— we have multiple zoom streams happening at home all day (online school for kids, virtual meetings for my work) and never have issues with my connection. Again, ive worked through almost all the suggestions that typically accompany posts about WiFi issues on this forum. I do not need the copypasta for troubleshooting— I am just curious if others have this problem and whether console temp could affect the wifi hardware in the console.

:)

Jason Travers, Feb 18, 2021
  2. gypsythelostdog Win User

Xbox 360 Dashboard

I only experience that problem when my wifi, router or modem needs to be checked.
  3. Malacath Win User

Smartglass Not Working on Windows 8 PC

The only thing i can think of is to try connecting your PC to your router via ethernet cable to rule out wifi problems as i used to have problems with the 360 smartglass when on a certain wifi channel
  4. MaximumExtreme Win User

Smart Glass So Far.

I having a weird problem with Xbox One Smartglass. I have everything in my house hard wired except for my ipad which is wifi only and I connect my wife and my iphone occasionally for the ios updates. Now I can connect to my ipad with no problems at all because
    it's constantly coneected to the wifi but when I try to connect my iphone to smartglass, it only connect using wifi and not 4g. Is anybody else having this problem?
  5. TZK Ghost Win User

Turtle Beach XP500 Headset. Interference from WIFI. Ideas?

I have charter communication 100MB download, my wifi does not work at all whenever the XP500 are on, the charter tech came out, and could not fix the problem. The WIFI only does not work when the headsets are on. We tried every channel, no luck.
  6. VersedAcorn1735 Win User

Cannot sign in iOS

Interesting! Does it only not sign you in when you're connected to your phone data instead of wifi? For example, when you're connected to wifi it signs in, but when you have wifi off or not connected, it won't sign you in
    On my phone it doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or not. Tapping on sign on crashes the app. My tablet only has wifi. And no issues with the app there.
Thema:

1. WiFi Problems Only When Hot? - Similar Threads - WiFi Problems Hot

2. Series X WiFi Problems When Hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X WiFi Problems When Hot?: After about month of glorious gaming without problems, my series x recently began having wifi issues— repeated, short disconnects that usually boot me from a game but only sometimes doesn’t result...
  3. Wifi connection problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi connection problems: My xbox one does not want to connect to the wifi at home but it can connect if you use n lan cable from the wifi to the xbox then it works fine also it can connect to my small pocket modem but it...
  4. Wifi problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wifi problem: I have bought just dance 2021 and trying to connect my I phone to the new Xbox series x. Both on the same WiFi network and using the just dance app. They won’t connect wireless or hard wired....
  5. New Xbox Series X wifi connection problem on TPlink router

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series X wifi connection problem on TPlink router: Hello, first want to notice that i had done everything wirtten within the wifi problem on xbox on Microsoft site. I have a TPLink router and when it connects via wifi it doesn't word, the test on...
  6. Hardware problem WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware problem WiFi: My xboxe one keeps saying hardware problem above the wifi settings and would not connect to the internet in my house ive tried everything and still nothin can anyone help?...
  7. Problème Wifi -[Translation - Wifi problem]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problème Wifi -[Translation - Wifi problem]: Bonjour , Je rencontre un problème avec ma xbox one X au niveau du réseau Wifi . Elle n'arrive pas a ce connecté au réseaux alors qu'il fonctionne très bien , même en partage de connexion via...
  8. Xbox One Wifi Extender Problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One Wifi Extender Problem: Xbox One Wifi Extender Problem I have a wifi extender and I have connected it to the Xbox One so that I can use a wired connection as opposed to wifi connection. However, I launched a game that...
  9. : Hardware problem when connecting to WiFi Network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Hardware problem when connecting to WiFi Network: : Hardware problem when connecting to WiFi Network Hello Spike, Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We are sorry for the issue with the error. When this error occurs, it most likely means...
  10. probleme de reseau wifi de la console au pc[wifi network problem from console to pc]

in XBoX on Windows
    probleme de reseau wifi de la console au pc[wifi network problem from console to pc]: bonjour , J'ai un souci : Ma console est dans ma chambre située dans un rez de chaussée. Mon pc et ma box au 1 er étage. La connexion est excellente mais dès que je joue , le message suivant...