: WiFi Speed/Latency

Discus and support : WiFi Speed/Latency in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : WiFi Speed/Latency The internet speed on my Xbox one is very... unstable. On most days it is very bad being around 340 ping and 0.5mbps download... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by DieteticAura, Jul 20, 2020.

1. DieteticAura
    DieteticAura Guest

The internet speed on my Xbox one is very... unstable. On most days it is very bad being around 340 ping and 0.5mbps download speed. On rare occations it is very good (like it should be) being about 10 ping and about. 80mbps download speed. I have tried
    everthing from restarting my router to messing around with my DNS settings and various other settings. The wifi does reach (4/4 bars and 5/5 on my phone) Anybody know the reason/fix for this? (I am using a Virgin Media Hub 3.0, ignore the fact it says superhub
    2.0)

:)

DieteticAura, Jul 20, 2020
  2. dirtbound Win User

Will the Windows Surface Tablet work with the Xbox One?

Many possibilities with WiFi Direct... low latency, high speed direct data transfer opens options for many types of peripherals and inter-device functionality. I think we have an exciting generation ahead of us.
  3. Dpalmer 24 Win User

Really high latency on wired connection on xbox one.

I'm in Chicago with a Comcast business connection and having a similar latency issue on the XBone. Speed test over wifi shows my latency at 10 -12ms on my phone and computer, but my wired Xbone is showing 400ms. Any ideas beside power cycling my modem, router,
    etc.? I've done that several times with no success.
  4. WMDBIoodHunter Win User

Xbox 360 keeps disconnecting!!!

Hi WMDBloddHunter,

When you are able to can you please send us a photo of what your connection stats look like on your console?

Also, are you seeing any type of error message when this happens?

Are you connected using a network cable or through WiFi?

Also, let's be sure to check out the steps in our
    random disconnection
    guide as well.

Thank you!
    Sorry no notifications.

No erros just disconnection

Xbox 360 WIFI and Wired: (Both tried with same results)

Latency 73

Packet loss 0

Upload speed 8.92 mbps

Download speed 5.24

Signal strength 100

Wifi speed 11 mbps

Xbox One Wired: (my xbox one is perfectly fine just posted both to compare)

Download speed 175.56 mbps

Upload speed 23.73 mbps

Packet loss 0

Latency 51
  5. Smuroh Win User

Weird Teredo problem

Hey blysten141,

So i see your NAT type is open and that your connected, the one issue that i am seeing is your latency 225ms is a bit hight (i have the same issue, i live in south africa), can i ask what your internet speeds are and when you play forza what region you are
    trying to connect to (if you are trying to connect to a region that is far your latency is going to sky rocket and you wont be able to play).

My second question is are you playing over wifi or LAN cable, if its wifi that could be adding to your latency issue.
  6. JustinGonzales1 Win User

Wifi latency

It says my multi-player connection is Good even though I'm getting over 130 ping in every game
Thema:

1. : WiFi Speed/Latency - Similar Threads - WiFi Speed Latency

2. Wifi speed vs Xbox speed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wifi speed vs Xbox speed: Wifi speed vs Xbox speed Is this normal? Hello everyone. My wifi speed indicates 100mbts on my Phone but my Xbox is linked directly with an rj45 To my router and I am getting between 10 and...
  3. Xbox upload speed slow compared to other devices (*both 5Ghz wifi or Wired*)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox upload speed slow compared to other devices (*both 5Ghz wifi or Wired*): Hello!, So I have an Xbox One X and I have been trying to get my upload speeds to be above 9MB/s. If I run a speed test on my PC, I can get an upload of 22MB/s . When I run it on my cellphone...
  4. Wireless Gaming Adapters: WiFi speed

Wireless Gaming Adapters: WiFi speed: Wireless Gaming Adapters: WiFi speed How can I get my Xbox 360 to run with much better WiFi speed so that it doesn't say you have lost connection, etc. f4a65ab4-bf5c-4f1f-b4a2-9c438ddee7ef
  5. My wifi connection on my XBOX One S is, at max speed, 12mb/s. All other devices i have are 150

My wifi connection on my XBOX One S is, at max speed, 12mb/s. All other devices i have are 150: My wifi connection on my XBOX One S is, at max speed, 12mb/s. All other devices i have are 150 A rule to go by, is to never make a comparizon between different vendors and their respectively Wi-Fi...
  6. XBOX ONE X wifi network speeds are half as my laptop,,Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE X wifi network speeds are half as my laptop,,Why?: I noticed that my games seem to to running slow this morning. I was tipped off by shooting my weapon in COD WWII and then waiting to hear that actual gunfire. So, I checked my wireless connection...
  7. Extremely PATHETIC WIFI SPEEDS on xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely PATHETIC WIFI SPEEDS on xbox one S: i recently bought a xb1 S on cyber monday sales and got it shipped to my country in mid DECEMBER 2017. i was happy that i had something good in my hands but little did i know what a mess xb1 wifi...
  8. 0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength

in XBoX on Consoles
    0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength: Hello all and thanks to anyone in advance that will try and help me with this. I'll try and frame the story quickly. Was using the modem/router combo from Verizon FiOS before no problems. Moved...
  9. Why is XBOX WIFI speed so crappy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is XBOX WIFI speed so crappy: I have extremely good router and a very good WIFI signal in my house, Standing in the exact same room with my XBOX, other devices can get 20-25Mbps. Yet the xbox itself, despite showing 4/5 bars...
  10. Halo Reach 360 Console only getting 11Mbs Wifi Speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Reach 360 Console only getting 11Mbs Wifi Speed: My 360 console is only getting 11Mbs. I thought this console had Wifi N. I have a router that does n and ac on both 2.4 and 5Ghz. Security settings are currently set to wpa/wpa2. Shouldn't the...