WiFi

Discus and support WiFi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why are the WiFi connection speeds different on my phone and my one x? The phone is a galaxy note 4, it does not have any cell service it is my old... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by d3monkid12, Sep 23, 2019.

1. d3monkid12
    d3monkid12 Guest

WiFi

Why are the WiFi connection speeds different on my phone and my one x? The phone is a galaxy note 4, it does not have any cell service it is my old phone and not on my cellphone plan any more so the only way it works is through wifi. So it can't be said
    that it's using any cell data. How can I get my xbox to have the same wifi speeds as my phone?
    WiFi [​IMG]

WiFi [​IMG]

:)

d3monkid12, Sep 23, 2019
  2. SirAngry Win User

ps4 bluetooth vs xbox wi fi direct

[quote user="Favious M"]

Just on smartglass and stuff like that using Wifi Direct. Say you're using a tablet with smartglass connected to the One using wifi direct, does that mean the wifi the tablet is getting internet through stops working at that stage? So basically can you have
    a device connected to another using wifi direct while still using wifi for internet at the same time?

[/quote]

WiFi Direct and standard WiFi are two different things. Hooking up other devices to your Xbox One using WiFI Direct shouldn't have any impact on your WiFi Internet connection.
  3. Arminator Win User

Internet is not fast on my XBOX One X

Is your console connected via an Ethernet cord or via WiFi?

If it's a wireless connection, be aware, that network speed via WiFi is dependent on several factors: Is your Router 802.11ac capable? If so, does it support MIMO? Otherwise only one antenna and channel is used to transmit data, and if multiple WiFi devices
    interact with the WiFi, the speed of the WiFi decreases with the amount of devices using the WiFi.

Also, the more wireless interference is introduced (number of walls between your router and the console, and the amount of metal around your home causing "echoes" in the WiFi signals, or neighboring WiFi networks or wireless devices that interfere with your
    WiFi connection.

That being said, WiFi is always a bad choice for high performance networking.
  4. memek krk Win User

Can't connect to XBOX live. Xbox doesn't get IP-address

if wired connection is working fine - use it

if u need to use WIFI connection - disable wifi networking on router, set new name (ssid) enable wifi networking from router (keep secure with wpa2/psk at least), SET Wifi Channel to default, and SET COUNTRY ! try to connect through wifi
  5. maximus5403 Win User

Another failed launch? My XBOX ONE is a better paperweight than a gaming system

If your on WiFi switch to ethernet to do the update then go back to wifi. I had wifi issues until I did the update.
  6. HydraDragons Win User

What would be better

Cable is better than wifi but wifi is easier to set/use
Thema:

WiFi

1. WiFi - Similar Threads - WiFi

2. Xbox one s disconnected from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s disconnected from wifi: Hey so my xbox one s cannot hold a wireless connection but my xbox one can they are right next to eachother i dont know the issue b261a465-242e-45a1-ad86-5385fc67571e
  3. Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Does console and phone need to be on the same WiFi for console streaming?: submitted by /u/CKCJamie [link] [comments]
  4. My Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    My Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi: My Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi Hello JFKsRifleTrifle, Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you...
  5. Using neighbor's WIFI and have in-game update option and "keep my games and apps" auto...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using neighbor's WIFI and have in-game update option and "keep my games and apps" auto...: RN, I'm in the middle of cable shutdown and I have no Wi-Fi so I am using a neighbor's WiFi next door. But there are times when my games like WWE 2K19 have to be updated and what confuses me is...
  6. How can I get my xbox one to scan for wifi it did n now it doesn't

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my xbox one to scan for wifi it did n now it doesn't: I'm not wired with ethernet cable n won't scan for any wifi networks plz help me with this 92a6f551-5a2a-458f-9192-eca40833ce05
  7. Xbox One S wi-fi suddenly keeps disconnecting every ~15mins (faulty wifi card?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S wi-fi suddenly keeps disconnecting every ~15mins (faulty wifi card?): Hello, The wi-fi on my Xbox One S suddenly stopped working consistently this past weekend. It now disconnects every ~15 minutes. I can restart the console or re-connect the wi-fi network to get...
  8. Wifi Auto Switch for xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wifi Auto Switch for xbox one: When my wifi goes out I always have to go in my settings, find my other wifi network, and type in my password any time I switch networks. I wish my console would automatically switch to the...
  9. Xbox One X continuously and randomly losing connection to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X continuously and randomly losing connection to wifi: My original Xbox One became unresponsive as of two days ago so I thought it would be a good time to upgrade... I went to GameStop and got a secondhand One X and everything was going fine until I...
  10. Wifi Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi Connection: Hi, I am trying to connect my Xbox one s to the internet. the xbox comes up with the correct internet and i type in the correct password but it says that it cannot connect to your wireless...