Wifi

Discus and support Wifi in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Wifi Hi zezoboodyulder, Please create your own thread if you need assistance. We will be happy to help you on your own thread so you can provide more... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by HotShoeMX, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:32 AM.

1. HotShoeMX
    HotShoeMX Guest

Wifi

Wifi
    Hi zezoboodyulder,

Please create your own thread if you need assistance. We will be happy to help you on your own thread so you can provide more details on the issue.

Thank you.

:)

2. SirAngry Win User

ps4 bluetooth vs xbox wi fi direct

[quote user="Favious M"]

Just on smartglass and stuff like that using Wifi Direct. Say you're using a tablet with smartglass connected to the One using wifi direct, does that mean the wifi the tablet is getting internet through stops working at that stage? So basically can you have
    a device connected to another using wifi direct while still using wifi for internet at the same time?

[/quote]

WiFi Direct and standard WiFi are two different things. Hooking up other devices to your Xbox One using WiFI Direct shouldn't have any impact on your WiFi Internet connection.
  3. Arminator Win User

Internet is not fast on my XBOX One X

Is your console connected via an Ethernet cord or via WiFi?

If it's a wireless connection, be aware, that network speed via WiFi is dependent on several factors: Is your Router 802.11ac capable? If so, does it support MIMO? Otherwise only one antenna and channel is used to transmit data, and if multiple WiFi devices
    interact with the WiFi, the speed of the WiFi decreases with the amount of devices using the WiFi.

Also, the more wireless interference is introduced (number of walls between your router and the console, and the amount of metal around your home causing "echoes" in the WiFi signals, or neighboring WiFi networks or wireless devices that interfere with your
    WiFi connection.

That being said, WiFi is always a bad choice for high performance networking.
  4. memek krk Win User

Can't connect to XBOX live. Xbox doesn't get IP-address

if wired connection is working fine - use it

if u need to use WIFI connection - disable wifi networking on router, set new name (ssid) enable wifi networking from router (keep secure with wpa2/psk at least), SET Wifi Channel to default, and SET COUNTRY ! try to connect through wifi
  5. maximus5403 Win User

Another failed launch? My XBOX ONE is a better paperweight than a gaming system

If your on WiFi switch to ethernet to do the update then go back to wifi. I had wifi issues until I did the update.
  6. HydraDragons Win User

What would be better

Cable is better than wifi but wifi is easier to set/use
Thema:

Wifi

1. Wifi - Similar Threads - Wifi

2. 'Hardware Problem' message when I try to connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Hardware Problem' message when I try to connect to wifi: Last week in the midst of playing a game on my Xbox One, I got kicked off my WiFi and since then I haven't been able to get back on it. When I try try to run a test connection it tells me it's not...
  3. Tiles have no images? Data, wifi, nada

in XboX Insiders
    Tiles have no images? Data, wifi, nada: [IMG] submitted by /u/Leo_Ascendent [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox one causes WiFi to restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one causes WiFi to restart: I bought a new xbox one that causes the internet to restart a minute after connecting to it wirelessly. It definitely resets the router as all other devices connected loose connection at the same...
  5. : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi.: : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi. I went to sign in & instead of going to my account I selected “add new” & re-added my account. I just signed but thank you....
  6. Can’t connect to Xbox live via Xfinity wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live via Xfinity wifi: Ive been trying to connect my xbox to xfinity wifi for almost 2 days. Ive tried resetting my xbox and when i go to try and connect to my xfinity wifi, it says, “cannot connect to DHCP server.” Can...
  7. Fails to connect to wifi!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Fails to connect to wifi!: Fails to connect to wifi! Hello Evil_0ne, Some advice I would like to offer, if possible I'd recommend a wire connection for the best online experience, but if you can not hard wire, I would...
  8. WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi: Why are the WiFi connection speeds different on my phone and my one x? The phone is a galaxy note 4, it does not have any cell service it is my old phone and not on my cellphone plan any more so...
  9. Alpha Skip Ahead: Keeps forgetting Wifi & Xbox Live Info - requires new login all the time...

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead: Keeps forgetting Wifi & Xbox Live Info - requires new login all the time...: For about 2 Releases now. When I put my Xbox One X into standby and wake it up again I am often required to Login to my Wifi again with credentials Login to my Xbox Live Account again (with...
  10. Xbox wifi not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox wifi not working: My wifi on my xbox stopped working and now my xbox wifi only works with ethernet. Is there any way to fix this? a535fff6-37ce-4e00-b6d1-20d592965bf1