Will Cancelling GamePass Impact my Live Gold Content?

Discus and support Will Cancelling GamePass Impact my Live Gold Content? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had Live Gold for years and intend to keep it as my kids play online and we have many saved free games. I want to try GamePass while still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Heli_AV8R, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Heli_AV8R
    Heli_AV8R Guest

I have had Live Gold for years and intend to keep it as my kids play online and we have many saved free games. I want to try GamePass while still keeping Live Gold. I heard that if I do that, then my Live Gold games and info gets transferred to GamePass.
    If I decide to cancel GamePass, will that impact my Live Gold account? Will it go back to the way it was before adding GamePass? I would hope that all my previous Live Gold games would still be there.

Thanks,

Dave

:)

Heli_AV8R, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Farkas David01 Win User

Xbox live canceled

Gamepass Ultimate includes Xbox Live gold and Gamepass. So if you cancel Gamepass Ultimate you cancel your gold too.
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?

Gamepass and Xbox Live Gold are two separate things. So you CAN cancel Gamepass and be just fine and have your Xbox Live Gold. However, if your subscription is for Gamepass Ultimate (which is the all-in-one) you cannot. Canceling that would then in turn
    cancel everything.
  4. Heli_AV8R Win User

If you buy Ultimate Game Pass it will convert your current gold into that subscription. So you would lose your gold subscription if you decide to cancel. If you were to just buy a separate Game Pass for console (or PC) subscription, it will remain
    separate from your gold subscription. So if you cancel the game pass, you will still have gold.
    Thank you so much, you saved me from making a mistake!

I meant to clarify my question, I was going to check out Game Pass Ultimate. I saw an article that said I could get it for $1 for the 1st month and Microsoft would give me Game Pass for the remaining months on my existing Live Gold account (up to 36).
    However, I'm not willing to lose my Live Gold saved games if I decide to cancel Game Pass Ultimate.
  5. Smwutches Win User

If you buy Ultimate Game Pass it will convert your current gold into that subscription. So you would lose your gold subscription if you decide to cancel. If you were to just buy a separate Game Pass for console (or PC) subscription, it will remain separate
    from your gold subscription. So if you cancel the game pass, you will still have gold.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

You won't lose your Xbox Live Gold games, all that would happen is that they convert days Live, to days Ultimate. Once the subscription runs out, you can decided to just go back to an Xbox Live account. What they mean is that if you convert your Live into
    Ultimate and they give you say 3 months from converting your Live, if you then decide to cancel after say a month, you will not get back the Live time.

As Smwutches says you can just add normal Game Pass and that will not alter anything else.
Thema:

1. Will Cancelling GamePass Impact my Live Gold Content? - Similar Threads - Cancelling GamePass Impact

2. Cancelling GamePass resulted in a closed xbox live gold account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling GamePass resulted in a closed xbox live gold account: I paid for a year of xbox live gold in September. I added GamePass to my account and tried it for several days. I canceled GamePass. This also canceled my Xbox Live Gold subscription of which I...
  3. Can’t Purchase Gamepass After Card Cancelled

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t Purchase Gamepass After Card Cancelled: I had a credit card on my Xbox when I had the gamepass. I lost my card and had it cancelled, and now I cannot purchase the gampass again because the card was cancelled while paying for the...
  4. Canceled my xbox gamepass ultimate to get the three months offer

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Canceled my xbox gamepass ultimate to get the three months offer: So i saw this offer where you can get 3 months of ultimate of 1 dollar so i've cancelled my xbox ultimate to pass to the cheaper one for 3 months but it said it wa 13 dollars not 1 dollar i need...
  5. Licença cancelada por causa da asssinatura do gamepass (License canceled due to game pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Licença cancelada por causa da asssinatura do gamepass (License canceled due to game pass...: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Gostaria de saber o que fazer nesse caso, tenho o jogo desde 2016 e por causa do gamepass não consigo jogar o jogo que eu comprei offline pq pede pra logar...
  6. I accidentally canceled my XBOX Gold when I canceled Ultimate gamepass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I accidentally canceled my XBOX Gold when I canceled Ultimate gamepass: I prepaid for Gold for a year and upgraded to Ultimate. On the same day, I canceled Ultimate and got a $2.00 refund. This also canceled my remaining Gold. If I resubscribe to Ultimate, will I get...
  7. Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?: I bought xbox gamepass and after i bought it, it imedieatley canceled my xbox live subscription if I cancel the xbox gamepass before this month ends will i get my xbox live subscription back? If I...
  8. Cancel gamepass sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cancel gamepass sharing: Hello, How do i cancel game sharing on my Xbox one console? 392b0ac9-3e9b-4e78-8def-628d10df567c
  9. GamePass cancelamento [Translation-Gamepass Cancellation]

in XBoX on Consoles
    GamePass cancelamento [Translation-Gamepass Cancellation]: Saudações comunidade A um tempo atrás comprei um Xbox One de segunda mão ( usado ), ele veio com uma conta do antigo dono , sem prestar atenção nas possíveis consequências eu assinei o GamePass...
  10. I need to cancel my Xbox Gamepass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I need to cancel my Xbox Gamepass: Good Evening! From the name of this topic you can understand, that I need to cancel my Xbox Gamepass. But I can't because it says you have to pay before you cancel. I don't have money now, an...