Will games on hard drive stay with the console

Discus and support Will games on hard drive stay with the console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Buying an xbox one, has fifa 14 installed, when I sign in with my xbox account will I still have the game? Thank you 61a19e2b-9068-42f8-ac4e-030fd1bf3d52 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LiiAMTW2, Mar 30, 2014.

1. LiiAMTW2
    LiiAMTW2 Guest

Buying an xbox one, has fifa 14 installed, when I sign in with my xbox account will I still have the game? Thank you

:)

LiiAMTW2, Mar 30, 2014
  2. PS4 has 2 more arrows in the quiver

The replaceable hard drive is overrated because your game licenses stay on the console-not the hard drive.Plus the one accepts external storage.So you could use your own 1.5 terabyte hard drive.

LOWxONxHealth, Mar 30, 2014
  3. HailofSteel
    HailofSteel Guest
    Games on broken 360

So one of my 360s bit the dust.I have 271 games on and Im not sure what to do.The last time I sent an xbox for repair they told me to keep my hard drive.When the console was returned to me all my licenses had been deleted.I couldnt download them for 3 months...so
    now I want to play the games from my broken xbox on my good one.If I pull the hard drive out and swap with my good one what will happen to my licenses?Will they stay on the console,stay with the hard drive or will they get deleted?

HailofSteel, Mar 30, 2014
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

do you mean you are going to buy a new xbox one console with the FIFA 14 game available in the package? Or are you buying a second hand xbox one console that has the FIFA 14 game already installed and downloaded?

If it is the first then you can download the game via the redeemable code that supplied with the console and will be available for your account on any xbox one console to download

If it is the second then the game may be on the console, but it isn't yours since it is bound to the account that bought the game. So my guess would be No, you shouldn't have access to that game

In short a downloaded game is always bound to the account that originally purchased the game, it isn't bound to the console.

Games can be shared across consoles, but the games owner will have to have that xbox one console set as home console. See this link for some Home console information:

support.xbox.com/.../my-home-xbox
    As far as I know only one console can be set at Home console for an account.

5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

do you mean you are going to buy a new xbox one console with the FIFA 14 game available in the package? Or are you buying a second hand xbox one console that has the FIFA 14 game already installed and downloaded?

If it is the first then you can download the game via the redeemable code that supplied with the console and will be available for your account on any xbox one console to download

If it is the second then the game may be on the console, but it isn't yours since it is bound to the account that bought the game. So my guess would be No, you shouldn't have access to that game

In short a downloaded game is always bound to the account that originally purchased the game, it isn't bound to the console.

Games can be shared across consoles, but the games owner will have to have that xbox one console set as home console. See this link for some Home console information:

support.xbox.com/.../my-home-xbox
    As far as I know only one console can be set at Home console for an account.
  6. LOWxONxHealth Win User

PS4 has 2 more arrows in the quiver

The replaceable hard drive is overrated because your game licenses stay on the console-not the hard drive.Plus the one accepts external storage.So you could use your own 1.5 terabyte hard drive.
  7. godslayer1975-4C3D80 Win User

Accidentally Deleted Xbox One Preview Program Message!

dont its a mess and its bricking consoles and erasing hard drives with the last update , stay away as both my x1 consoles have been hit with this mess.
  8. DyingTerror Win User

selling xbox (will games stay on hard drive?)

ok so just to clarify, i can delete my profiles but leave the games there for the next owner...and no i havent done any license transfers.
  9. banej Win User

selling xbox (will games stay on hard drive?)

Thanks for the clarification! These are useful information.
    [​IMG]
Thema:

1. Will games on hard drive stay with the console - Similar Threads - games hard drive

2. Installed games through Xbox Beta taking up twice the hard drive space

in XBoX on Windows
    Installed games through Xbox Beta taking up twice the hard drive space: I noticed this issue with Metro Exodus, but I assumed it was caused by an issue that I had during installation. I had to download the game twice, as I recall. However, having now uninstalled Metro...
  3. External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).: Is it normal for the light to blink on an external hard drive when playing games downloaded on it, cause the light never blinks when playing games downloaded on the internal hard drive?...
  4. Got Games Recovered From Bad Hard Drive Cannot Figure Out How to Get XBOX to Read Recovered...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got Games Recovered From Bad Hard Drive Cannot Figure Out How to Get XBOX to Read Recovered...: I recently had my external hard drive go bad so I could not install any new games. The company acknowledged this and was able to recover my files from the hard drive and transfer them to a new...
  5. Hard drive detected but no games show?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard drive detected but no games show?: I just got a new xbox one x and connected the hard drive. Its showing at detected but when i go to games and apps there isnt anything. I shouldnt need to install anything or the internet? Nothing...
  6. External hard drive from a xbox one to a gaming desktop pc

in XBoX on Windows
    External hard drive from a xbox one to a gaming desktop pc: I have an 1tb external hard drive for my xbox one. I was wondering if I can use that on my gaming desktop pc. I need more room on my desktop and don't need the external drive for the xbox one...
  7. Retrieving saved games, etc. from removed Xbox One hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Retrieving saved games, etc. from removed Xbox One hard drive: Hi. Recently, my grandson dropped his Xbox One and would no longer output video. We bought him a refurbished unit, but all of his saved games are on the old drive. Also, even though he knows his...
  8. Some games won't install on external hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some games won't install on external hard drive.: Hey there, Recently, I've been having some trouble installing some games on my external hard drive. It's a Seagate 8TB and it's being strictly used on my Xbox One X. The issue first occurred when...
  9. Xbox External Hard Drive Won't Delete The Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox External Hard Drive Won't Delete The Game: I was copying a game from an Xbox but had to unplug the hard drive midway to take it somewhere. Without canceling the copy process, I attempted to download the game onto the hard drive, but from a...
  10. Xbox game pass subscription game disappeared off hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass subscription game disappeared off hard drive: I have Game Pass Ultimate memebership until 5.20.20 I installed Shadow of War a couple weeks ago. I go to play it today and it disappeared from my installed games. It says I need to install it...