Will gold subscription discounted games work after expiration?

Discus and support Will gold subscription discounted games work after expiration? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; It's holiday time and there are many game discounts. However, I see they all need Gold subscription for the discounts to apply. If I get the Gold... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by SpaceChap, Nov 25, 2019.

1. SpaceChap
    SpaceChap Guest

It's holiday time and there are many game discounts. However, I see they all need Gold subscription for the discounts to apply. If I get the Gold subscription for a month and buy the games on discount will I be able to play them even after the gold subscription
    ends?

:)

SpaceChap, Nov 25, 2019
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

It's holiday time and there are many game discounts. However, I see they all need Gold subscription for the discounts to apply. If I get the Gold subscription for a month and buy the games on discount will I be able to play them even after the gold
    subscription ends?
    I don't see why they shouldn't work, you've purchased the game.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Yes they will work after the subscription ends. If you payed for a game, then it's yours to play as long as you want, whether or not you payed full price or a sale price.

The sale btw is open to everyone including free/silver members from Tuesday.
  4. SoullessCodith Win User

I have done this in the past. You can play them, but cannot join in online multiplayer modes until you have gold again.
  5. Farkas David01 Win User

Yes, for sure. If you pay for them it doesn't matter if you got them on a discount or not. You own them and you will be able to play them. Enjoy your games! :)
  6. WPAK Win User

About Gamepass...

Hi there,

Yes, the game will be yours even when the gamepass subscription has ended.

Same for Deals with Gold discounts, then game/content will remain yours if Gold subscription has ended.

Side note: Games with Gold are different though, Xbox One games obtained for free while they were the Game with Gold will only work when there is an active Gold subscription.
Thema:

1. Will gold subscription discounted games work after expiration? - Similar Threads - gold subscription discounted

2. getting an xbox live gold subscription...

in XBoX Accessibility
    getting an xbox live gold subscription...: Hi, I am beyond frustrated at this point with the xbox and I am ready to unplug the system...I set up the xbox at my house and my son has a profile with parental controls on there and I can't...
  3. I cancelled my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription but all it did was take away my Gold...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I cancelled my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription but all it did was take away my Gold...: Last month, I bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate using the £1 deal as I wanted to try it out. A month goes by and I loved the pass completely but due to monetary issues, I wanted to downgrade back...
  4. Xbox Live Gold Subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Subscription: Hope someone can help. I have a subscription that is set to reoccur every 3 months. When trying to play a game online it directs me to Xbox Live Gold page for me to purchase a subscription. It...
  5. Xbox Live Gold Subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Gold Subscription: Is it possible for subscriptions to be dropped or reverted back to a previous time because of a system error? Subscription status says expired mid March, but was just playing yesterday. Should...
  6. Xbox live gold subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold subscription: Can I just ignore my past due payment for xbox live gold because even though I’m pretty sure I turned off auto-renewal, it billed me again anyways. I haven’t even used my xbox for the past 2...
  7. Xbox live Gold Subscription renewed before we were able to use our Company Store Discount

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live Gold Subscription renewed before we were able to use our Company Store Discount: Our subscription auto-renewed. It was my understanding that we had that set to NOT auto-renew. Because we always get a Friends and Family discount through the Company Store. I have the discount,...
  8. In the store on the game page does not show the discount live gold subscription

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    In the store on the game page does not show the discount live gold subscription: On the main page of discounts, live gold subscriptions show a 75 percent discount on the game - DmC Devil May Cry, but when you switch to the game itself it does not show this discount and when...
  9. If I buy a full game with a Live Gold discount, can I still play it if my subscription ends?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    If I buy a full game with a Live Gold discount, can I still play it if my subscription ends?: Hey guys, please answer me. I want to but Injustice 2 but I couldn't get to buy the game on xBox One when it was on sale last weekend for only $25 USD. Now it's about $50 again, but it says I can...
  10. Xbox Live Gold Subscription discount

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Subscription discount: My friend just came to visit me a while ago and he told me that he got a 12 month subscription for only $39.99. I tried checking it from my end but it's for $9.99 for 1 month, $24.99 for 3months...