Will Microsoft every update the UHD blu ray player to be able to stream atmos?? It’s a joke

Discus and support Will Microsoft every update the UHD blu ray player to be able to stream atmos?? It’s a joke in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I dont undestand how the xbox can out put dolby atmos on overcooked 2 but i cannot output dolby atmos on its UHD blu ray player.,,, which can output... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesWenham1, Jun 13, 2020.

1. JamesWenham1
    JamesWenham1 Guest

Will Microsoft every update the UHD blu ray player to be able to stream atmos?? It’s a joke

I dont undestand how the xbox can out put dolby atmos on overcooked 2 but i cannot output dolby atmos on its UHD blu ray player.,,, which can output Dolby Vision?? It doesnt make any sense when it would be a simple update.

i dont want to have to purchase a standalone player when thr xbox one x can output great dolby atmos on every other media type other than its capable UHD player.

microsoft - please sort it out your customers have been asking for this for years now.

for tbr record i have a LG65E9 OLED and fully capable Sonos Arc and home theatre set up which puts out Dolby Atmos on every other media input. I can wagxh netflix in atmos and game in atmos and watch you tube in atmos but not on one of thr biggest selling
    points for the xbox one x as a full media console.

any update please?

:)

JamesWenham1, Jun 13, 2020
  2. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Are you playing these movies from a 4k UHD Blu Ray or streaming service? If from disk, have you updated the Blu Ray player app on the Xbox?
  3. RawToastMmm Win User

Sorry to hear you've having issues! You've given us some great info... so I was wondering if you've checked this setting for the Blu-Ray app? It's the only thing I can think of that would make sense... since you're having no issues streaming Netflix etc.

[​IMG]
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

You must ourchase Dolby Atmos support. Its in the app store, and frequently goes on sale
  5. SKrawn128 Win User

I had an issue 2 days ago with the "channel upmixer" setting in the Dolby App where it wasn't working. Uninstalled Dolby atmos, reboot console. Reinstall Dolby, all working.

Worth a try if you haven't already tried that. #longshot
  6. JamesWenham1 Win User

Settings are all set up for atmos, the UHD player doednt support Dolby Atmos metadata. Highest it can do is Dolby Tru HD. The one x plays games - streams content from netflix, youtube etc in Dolby Atmos this is confirmed on thr TV and the Sound system.
    I have dolby access all my components are correct. I dont see why if microsoft have the license for Atmos (as its funtioning on all other aspects in tbr console) that they wouldnt just do a software update so the UHD player can. Looking at thr specs on tbe
    series x that still shows the new UHD player on the series x still doesnt put out dolby atmos. Needs updating
Thema:

1. Will Microsoft every update the UHD blu ray player to be able to stream atmos?? It’s a joke - Similar Threads - Microsoft every update

2. Microsoft Flight simulator crashes every time

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight simulator crashes every time: Hello all Please help me as I have tried everything I know. Microsoft Flight Simulator crashes on the loading screen and returns to desktop every time. I have tried deleting the game and...
  3. Constant prompts to update Movies & TV and Microsoft Store every few seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant prompts to update Movies & TV and Microsoft Store every few seconds.: Starting on or near December 14th, 2020 my I started getting prompts to update the Movies & TV app. I clicked on Install and it started to install, but got stuck at 0%. I cancelled the install,...
  4. My Microsoft store freezes every time I open it (Xbox one)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft store freezes every time I open it (Xbox one): Idk if im the only one with this problem or if theres anything anyone can do to help me but this constantly happens no matter how many times i hard or factory reset my console..Even though ive had...
  5. every time i go into microsoft edge on my xbox one, it keeps on going into my settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every time i go into microsoft edge on my xbox one, it keeps on going into my settings: i am unable to use microsoft edge on my xbox one because it keeps on opening the settings app. d260a817-6293-4171-acd5-6f746f3dbc5c
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Freeze every 3 seconds (menu and game)

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Freeze every 3 seconds (menu and game): The game constantly freezes for half a second to a second every 3 seconds. This happens also in the menu, content manager, settings, everywhere, and of course in-game. At startup until ending....
  7. Minecraft pocket edition on my android phone crashes every time I try to sign into Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft pocket edition on my android phone crashes every time I try to sign into Microsoft: Every time I try to sign in to Microsoft account it always crashes, which means I can't play with friends, when I first got the game on my android phone it worked great, I played for 2 months with...
  8. I have Microsoft Premium Solitaire Collection and I am getting pop up ads about every 45...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Microsoft Premium Solitaire Collection and I am getting pop up ads about every 45...: I have the Premium Solitaire Collectiion and I am getting pop up ads frequently. How do I get rid of them?? 9fb71527-26c6-435d-80d6-1a0476809d1d
  9. My Microsoft FlighSimulatior 2020 crashes every time I start it up - about 2 minutes into...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft FlighSimulatior 2020 crashes every time I start it up - about 2 minutes into...: I just purchased the Premier Deluxe Version ( $119) from the MS Store online and spent 38 hours downloading the application. From the first time I attempted to start it the program it fails....
  10. Why every time my computer gets updates does Microsoft Solitaire Collection go wacky and not ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why every time my computer gets updates does Microsoft Solitaire Collection go wacky and not ...: The last 3(three) times I have loaded my PC updates Microsoft Solitaire Collection does not want to load ?? Is there a way around this?? 34b853b8-f77d-4506-91e1-687ae673885b