Will my xbox 360 psu work with an Xbox one s?

Discus and support Will my xbox 360 psu work with an Xbox one s? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm buying an Xbox One S from America but the PSU will be different to the one in Ireland. Will the PSU in my Xbox 360 work or where can I buy a new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CapitateArc5, Dec 31, 2017.

1. CapitateArc5
    CapitateArc5 Guest

I'm buying an Xbox One S from America but the PSU will be different to the one in Ireland. Will the PSU in my Xbox 360 work or where can I buy a new PSU for the Xbox one s?

:)

CapitateArc5, Dec 31, 2017
  2. redserpent7
    redserpent7 Guest
    XBox One PSU 220V

Hi,

I live in Jordan and I bought an Xbox One recently. The console was not officially released in Jordan and they were only selling American consoles and the PSU only supports 110V. The guy I bought it from offered me a Chinese PSU for free with my console and it is working fine. My main issue however is the sound it makes as I have the console in my bedroom and I cannot sleep if I have the console's power option set to Instant-On.

I have been looking all over the place (online and offline Will my xbox 360 psu work with an Xbox one s? :p ) to see if I can buy a 220V PSU for my Xbox One and I found a seller on Amazon UK claiming to be selling an original PSU but that will cost me about 77 GBP ~ $120.

Another option I found is that I can use an X360 PSU to power the Xbox One but I am kinda skeptical about this solution.

So my question is, how can I power my Xbox One silently. I need to run the console at night when I am sleeping to download games and stuff but I cannot do it because of the sound the PSU is making. Why isn't MS selling the PSU on their store?

Would the 360 PSU work? Or can I use a power converter and use the original PSU that came with my XBox?

redserpent7, Dec 31, 2017
  3. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    XBox One PSU 220V

better off using a power converter and using the original

SPITFIRE-SIX, Dec 31, 2017
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

It is not possible to use and Xbox 360 power supply on any Xbox One Consoles however as you are purchasing an Xbox One S I believe the internal power supply is multi voltage and all you will require is an new power cable.

Please be aware from a general support point of view it is always best to purchase the console in the country/region you are intending to use it.

gds1972, Dec 31, 2017
  5. CapitateArc5
    CapitateArc5 Guest
    I would do that but the price the Xbox One S is selling at in America is much cheaper than the price in my country but thank's for the help. Are power cables readily available to buy?

CapitateArc5, Dec 31, 2017
  6. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    It should be a standard figure 8 power cable you require just be careful as you may have to pay duty and tax on the purchase when you bring it into Ireland and this could easily offset the savings made.

gds1972, Dec 31, 2017
  7. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Also you can just buy a power cable from Amazon once back over here.

I know quite a few people who have bought consoles there and brought them back here (Ireland)

The price difference is quite big, but just remember if there is a problem with your console there’s no returning it.

brandiesel1, Nov 1, 2018
  8. IceStorm III Win User

Can I????

You're asking if you can substitute a 360 PSU for an Xbox One PSU? No.

You're sending in your PSU? Why? Exchange the system with your retailer. The Xbox One is less than 30 days old.
  9. TMX boxburn Win User

XBOX 360 150W Jasper POWER SUPPLY BRICK AC ADAPTER

If your console is definately a Jasper then all the Original Xbox 360 PSU's will work on your console, the 203W, 175W and 150W. So back to your original question, yes the 150W PSU will work with your console as long as yours is a Jasper. Do not use a drill
    or anything to make the wrong PSU fit as they won't be able to properly supply the required power. I'm not sure if you were or not but by PSU I am reffering to the power brick, if you have looked up for a 150W PSU you may of found a PC PSU.
  10. CapitateArc5 Win User

Hi

It is not possible to use and Xbox 360 power supply on any Xbox One Consoles however as you are purchasing an Xbox One S I believe the internal power supply is multi voltage and all you will require is an new power cable.

Please be aware from a general support point of view it is always best to purchase the console in the country/region you are intending to use it.
    I would do that but the price the Xbox One S is selling at in America is much cheaper than the price in my country but thank's for the help. Are power cables readily available to buy?
  11. gds1972 Win User

It should be a standard figure 8 power cable you require just be careful as you may have to pay duty and tax on the purchase when you bring it into Ireland and this could easily offset the savings made.
  12. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Thema:

1. Will my xbox 360 psu work with an Xbox one s? - Similar Threads - 360 psu

2. Rewards-Punkte gegen Guthaben eingelöst - Kauf von Xbox 360 Spielen nicht...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Rewards-Punkte gegen Guthaben eingelöst - Kauf von Xbox 360 Spielen nicht...: Ich habe Microsoft Rewards Punkte für eine Guthabenkarte eingelöst. Der Support hat mir bereits bestätigt, dass es nicht möglich ist, mit dem Guthaben Xbox 360 Spiele zu kaufen. Soweit so...
  3. Unable to Download xbox 360 profile on xbox one x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Download xbox 360 profile on xbox one x: When playing xbox 360 games on xbox one i am unable to log in to the 360 xbox live account. Therefore i'm unable to save games etc. i tried several times to download the profile but system is...
  4. Can't download profile to play xbox 360 games on the xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download profile to play xbox 360 games on the xbox one: I recently purchased a Xbox One S in January. I can play most games perfectly fine. Have lots of fun and find some problems. After achievments on Xbox 360 games didn't update and tried diferent...
  5. Why do I have 30GB out of 160GB on my HHD from my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have 30GB out of 160GB on my HHD from my Xbox 360?: So I decided to play some Xbox 360 recently since I found mines laying inside my closet for a while now. I don't have a official hard drive for my Xbox 360 (First model) so I went ahead to use my...
  6. Minecraft Texture and Mash-Up Packs Aren't Transferring to Xbox One From 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Texture and Mash-Up Packs Aren't Transferring to Xbox One From 360?: Hi there... I recently finally bought the new updated version of Minecraft on the Xbox One and had had the 360 edition for a long time. I'd bought numerous Texture Packs and Mash-up Packs during...
  7. 500 Gb Xbox 360 E (Newest Model) PSU Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    500 Gb Xbox 360 E (Newest Model) PSU Question: While the consol is on, the PSU sounds normal (silent), but when powered off it makes a barely noticeable very quiet high pitched buzzing sound that I can hardly hear but still gets annoying (I...
  8. X-Box 360 Slim not turning on - yellow/orange light on PSU - any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box 360 Slim not turning on - yellow/orange light on PSU - any ideas?: Hi all, Hoping that someone else has come across a similar problem and can help me! The guides on the support pages only offer answers for PSU's displaying red or green lights, so thought I'd ask...
  9. xbox 360 slim PSU help

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim PSU help: Ok guys, I need to know if what the name of the connector piece is (it's the piece that connects from the PSU into the xbox 360) and if I will be able to buy a sort of corner adapter so I can fit...
  10. Europe PSU and American Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Europe PSU and American Xbox 360: Hello, My apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this question, but I wanted to inquire about using an American Xbox 360 in Europe (specifically Germany), by switching to a European PSU. I...