Will my xbox turn off from inactivity if youtube app is open and playing a video?

Discus and support Will my xbox turn off from inactivity if youtube app is open and playing a video? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Seeing as there is no sleep timer yet i was wondering if inactivity timer will turn off if youtube is open and playing.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EpiC xWiNz, Oct 17, 2016.

1. EpiC xWiNz
    EpiC xWiNz Guest

Will my xbox turn off from inactivity if youtube app is open and playing a video?

Seeing as there is no sleep timer yet i was wondering if inactivity timer will turn off if youtube is open and playing.

:)

EpiC xWiNz, Oct 17, 2016
  2. Sleep Timer

Yes, the issue is that even if you set it to shut down after 1 hour of inactivity, the Xbox recognizes the open TV app as a running program so even though the TV is off with a sleep timer that app is open and Xbox recognizes that open app as activity so
    it will stay on for days and days regardless of what settings you have on your Xbox. Very frustrating!!! If the TV is off that is inactivity right??? With Xbox, no!!! I don't care what your doing, if the TV is off that is inactivity. Thus why I say add a
    sleep timer setting or change what Xbox views as inactivity.

DIDNTseeUcoming, Oct 17, 2016
  3. MattLafleur
    MattLafleur Guest
    YouTube App on XboxOne "Device attached" Not by Owner, Hack?

I was using my xbox one with the Crunchy Roll App, when suddenly The Achievement for attaching/linking a device to youtube App goes off, then the App for Youtube opens and starts playing random videos. I quickly picked up my controller and turned off youtube
    and then checked linked apps. There was a Ipad attached. I do not own an Ipad nor do I have something to attach to the App. I removed the app from linked devices. Can someone hack an xbox through 3rd party apps? Should/can I delete youtube app? How can this
    happen? It is a brand new xbox one, only myself and my wife have access. Any advice would be appreciated.

MattLafleur, Oct 17, 2016
  4. brendan84510
    brendan84510 Guest

When Youtube is in activity, I think that they are no sleep timer, it's only in games or anywhere.Else, try to desactivate the sleeptimer when you go on Youtube, with : option/alimentation/desactivate after... hour of inactivity.

brendan84510, Oct 19, 2016
  5. brendan84510 Win User

When Youtube is in activity, I think that they are no sleep timer, it's only in games or anywhere.Else, try to desactivate the sleeptimer when you go on Youtube, with : option/alimentation/desactivate after... hour of inactivity.
  6. DIDNTseeUcoming Win User

Sleep Timer

Yes, the issue is that even if you set it to shut down after 1 hour of inactivity, the Xbox recognizes the open TV app as a running program so even though the TV is off with a sleep timer that app is open and Xbox recognizes that open app as activity so
    it will stay on for days and days regardless of what settings you have on your Xbox. Very frustrating!!! If the TV is off that is inactivity right??? With Xbox, no!!! I don't care what your doing, if the TV is off that is inactivity. Thus why I say add a
    sleep timer setting or change what Xbox views as inactivity.
  7. Cherrepaha Win User

NHL Gamecenter

I tried StativeBeatle65's solution and it worked for me!

Open the YouTube app.. Open a video [the YouTube trends video worked for me].. Press A to bring up the video controls... On the far right of that menu, select the CC button. Select Turn Off Closed Captioning. Exit the app. You're done!

This helped me turn off Closed Captioning in NHL Gamecenter on an Australian Xbox.
  8. Cherrepaha Win User

Can't turn off closed captions

Open the YouTube app.. Open a video [the YouTube trends video worked for me].. Press A to bring up the video controls... On the far right of that menu, select the CC button. Select Turn Off Closed Captioning. Exit the app. You're done!

This helped me turn off Closed Captioning in NHL Gamecenter on an Australian Xbox.
  9. Cherrepaha Win User

closed captions

Thema:

1. Will my xbox turn off from inactivity if youtube app is open and playing a video? - Similar Threads - turn off inactivity

2. Xbox Series X crashes to dashboard and turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes to dashboard and turns off: Hello. Starting yesturday my Xbox SX started to freeze while loading games and eventually turning off. I've found solutions, tried and they didn't help: - Rebooting - Unplugging power cord...
  3. Series X is turning off when One S turns off [Alpha Skip Ahead]

in XboX Insiders
    Series X is turning off when One S turns off [Alpha Skip Ahead]: I mentioned this in the ASA update post yesterday, but my affect is changing rapidly. The Series X in the living room is turning off (and on) when the One S (also in the living room) is turned on...
  4. Console turned off after a few seconds for the first time. Please help me c:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console turned off after a few seconds for the first time. Please help me c:: Hello everyone, im a bit worried. I own my xbox series x for about 3 weeks, never had a problem. Today i was playing gow on my pc, decided to call it off for today and turn on my console. I...
  5. 如何关闭win系统对xbox手柄的优化?[how to turn off win system optimization for xbox gamepad?]

in XBoX on Consoles
    如何关闭win系统对xbox手柄的优化?[how to turn off win system optimization for xbox gamepad?]: 微软给出的手柄在操作系统中的优化一点都不好用,更是和steam的桌面操控形成冲突,steam使用RT是 左键,但是win系统强制xbox手柄RT键在操纵系统和微软商店的软件中变成pagedown,这就导致经常点击时直接滑倒下边,然后点击成另外一个按钮。 steam的LT是 右键,可是微软手柄LT被强制优化成pageup,然后经常误操作。 如果没有成熟的操作方法,最好允许用户关闭它。...
  6. Latest Xbox update turning Xbox off

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Xbox update turning Xbox off: I’ve never had this problem in years of being in alpha ring, but when installing todays update when the graphics card switches off to install the new drivers it has shut off. I ended up having to...
  7. How to turn off MS Mahjonh Hints

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to turn off MS Mahjonh Hints: This is my last attempt to find this answer before I just stop playing the Game. How do you stop the flashing hints that start while you are trying to work out how to make your next play. I do...
  8. Xbox 1 controller turns off after 15 mins of inactivity how do I bypass this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1 controller turns off after 15 mins of inactivity how do I bypass this: how do I keep my Xbox 1 controller from turning off after 15 mins it's really annoying when it turns of after I try and make an afk thing but no it turns of how do I bypass this...
  9. Turn off after inactivity?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn off after inactivity?: I have it set to turn off after one hour of inactivity which worked for the most part until I got an external storage drive and it would turn off while updating and restart the update so I...
  10. XbOne does not turn off after inactivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    XbOne does not turn off after inactivity: I've done everything I've found on the forums, and the Xbox doesn't turn off. My TV is set to turn off at 4 am and when it does I get the HDCP error that it lost the HDMI signal and has been on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Does xbox controller stay on when youtube is playing