Will the Microsoft store and Xbox app on PC EVER have their damn download speeds fixed

Discus and support Will the Microsoft store and Xbox app on PC EVER have their damn download speeds fixed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's been an issue for years, and you only need to do a quick google search to see thousands of posts across forums complaining at how **** it is, how... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DavidShutt1, Nov 10, 2021.

1. DavidShutt1
    DavidShutt1 Guest

Will the Microsoft store and Xbox app on PC EVER have their damn download speeds fixed

It's been an issue for years, and you only need to do a quick google search to see thousands of posts across forums complaining at how **** it is, how it fluctuates constantly and never makes use of peoples actual download speeds.

I can download just fine on the Xbox itself, but trying to download AOE4 now on the PC and it's been downloading since this morning, to put it into context last time this happened I downloaded Subnautica which took hours on the XBOX app, then I decided I wanted mods, downloaded it on steam and it took around 20% of the time...

Anyone have a work around to get it going? I've tried command prompts, windows update speeds and nothing seems to work

:)

DavidShutt1, Nov 10, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Given the problem you are having, I suggest you try the solutions provided in the article below.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/microsoft-st...

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  3. ruby8816 Win User

FNAF Sister Location not on Xbox for PC?

I ended up being able to fix this by downloading it from Microsoft Store, still not sure why it's not on Xbox App for PC.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

incredible slow download speed

Try to clear the Microsoft Store cache

1. Press Windows Key + R to launch Run.
    2. Enter wsreset.exe and hit Enter.
    3. Once the reset process finished, restart your PC and then check if the Windows Store App works as it should.
    The Xbox App depends on the Microsoft store App to run properly. So, if there is something wrong with the Store app, this would cause different problems including slow download speed.

In this case, resetting the Store cache can fix the problem, so make sure you do that by following the steps above.
  5. Jessecin Win User

Can't Install Outer Worlds

It's the pc app that is causing the problems in the download is the day one patch even in it ? I seen similar issues with the Xbox One with missing updates the Microsoft store is actually the worst launcher I've ever used.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC - Download speeds the worst I have experienced since dial up, Steam,Epic,Orgin all downloading fine.

I have done some checking today, downloading things from the Xbox App and MS Store on a network connection that has a maximum of 78MB/s:

MS Store: Download speeds, once they get going, maintain a speed of between 55 and 65MB/s. 80-90% of my maximum speed is acceptable

Xbox App: Download Speeds maintain a speed of between 5-8MB/s.

The XBox App I tried about an hour after trying on the MS Store today so no major difference. Given how buggy and poor the Xbox App is, am not surprised.

Of course, this doesn't help with your slow speeds via the MS Store!
Thema:

1. Will the Microsoft store and Xbox app on PC EVER have their damn download speeds fixed - Similar Threads - Microsoft store app

2. 微软商店下载卡顿,没有下载速度,而且还会一直卡在准备中 [Games and apps cannot be downloaded through Microsoft Store]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    微软商店下载卡顿,没有下载速度,而且还会一直卡在准备中 [Games and apps cannot be downloaded through Microsoft Store]: [img] 微软商店下载卡顿,没有下载速度,而且还会一直卡在准备中 [THE TEXT BELOW IS MACHINE TRANSLATED AND MAY NOT BE AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE ORIGINAL POST] Microsoft Store download stutter, no download speed, and...
  3. Unable to install the Xbox App from the Microsoft Store, or any app for that matter

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to install the Xbox App from the Microsoft Store, or any app for that matter: My friends recently all got new Series X's, so I have been trying to install the Xbox app so I can play games and chat with them but I keep getting error code 0x80070005. I've tried ever fix I...
  4. The Xbox app opens microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox app opens microsoft store: When i try to launch Halo: Infinite from the Xbox app, it sends me to Microsoft gaming services, in the Microsoft store. There is nothing i can download or press. I can launch other games like...
  5. cannot run halo infinite on xbox app for windows . it brings up a microsoft store game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot run halo infinite on xbox app for windows . it brings up a microsoft store game...: Cannot run halo infinite on Xbox app for windows it brings up a Microsoft store game service page? 9ac24b38-f8d7-49a2-bc72-03d3b6d443d7
  6. How do I pin a Microsoft Store app to the desktop? (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I pin a Microsoft Store app to the desktop? (Windows 10): I've seen many answers on questions like that that say to open the start menu, find the app, click "more", and then select "open file location". Then, another answer telling me to right click the...
  7. The Xbox App/Microsoft Store on PC are not properly syncing my XBL account up, causing me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Xbox App/Microsoft Store on PC are not properly syncing my XBL account up, causing me...: So I've been experiencing this issue across all Xbox Game App games and I'm at a loss. I'll start by highlighting my experience with Halo Infinite's multiplayer. The Player Banner in the top right...
  8. When trying to launch a game from xbox app it takes me straight to Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When trying to launch a game from xbox app it takes me straight to Microsoft store: So i think this started happening when i turned off my recurrent billing, but i still have a week of subscription left. Whichever game i try to launch, i always get to the Microsoft store, Gaming...
  9. will they remove scummy apps from the Microsoft store in a future?

in XboX Insiders
    will they remove scummy apps from the Microsoft store in a future?: If you search for a game that is not published in the Microsoft Store (PC) / Xbox app (PC); scummy "puzzle" apps show up with the same name as the game you were searching, like this one: Puzzle...
  10. Cannot install apps or games through microsoft store - Error Code: 0x80242020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install apps or games through microsoft store - Error Code: 0x80242020: Whenever I try to install any app I have purchased through Microsoft store, I get Error Code: 0x80242020. "Something happened on our end." It is not my computer, it is not my Microsoft store. I...