Will the xbox one controller require a dongle to be used on PC?

Discus and support Will the xbox one controller require a dongle to be used on PC? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm guessing not since it use wifi direct, correct? c0a259f2-b153-416b-a348-8e304f140803 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BuzzingGoober, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Will the xbox one controller require a dongle to be used on PC?

I'm guessing not since it use wifi direct, correct?

:)

BuzzingGoober, Feb 20, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    headphones need addressed

[quote user="SAFLEYDAD"]Ya, then think about having to put a wireless chat dongle on top of an Xbox Adapter Dongle then hang it all on the bottom of the controller that XBOX brags about being so cool looking.[/quote]Is there a reason you think Turtle Beach
    won't come up with a wireless dongle that plugs directly into the Xbox One controller in the same manner their existing dongles work with the 360 controller?
    Seems to be working fine for those using the headset that comes with the Xbox One.

You are aware that by and large headsets used with the 360 rely on cabling that runs from the base of the controller to the headset, correct?

IceStorm III, Feb 20, 2014
  3. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    doubt about accessory

Hi

When Guitar Hero first came out on Xbox One Activision made a dongle available that allowed some of the Xbox 360 Guitar Hero instruments to be used with the Xbox One version of the game. If you carry out an internet search for Xbox One Guitar Hero dongle
    you should be able to find more information on this

gds1972, Feb 20, 2014
  4. Spazpol Win User

Xbox Dongle

I recently bought an Xbox One after years of playing on the Xbox 360. I currently have one Xbox One controller, but I have multiple Xbox 360 controllers. I was curious if I would be able to buy a Xbox Dongle and connect my Xbox 360 controllers to
    them and use them to play straight on the Xbox One. I've seen videos to where I can connect wired controllers to a Windows 10 laptop and play that way, but just buying the dongle would be less of a hassle with the cords all around.
    To have a xbox 360 controller work on the xbox one you would have to use a 3rd part dongle. There is no licensed Microsoft product that would allow a 360 controller to work on the xbox one.
  5. Spazpol Win User

XBox One Controller on PC

Hi guys,

I was able to sync my xbox one controller to my Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth, however when I go to turn it on now to play a game on PC, it powers on my XBox. Any way around this or do I need to have a separate controller for each platform?
    You would either need a seperate controller for the PC not synced to the xbox, or just live with the pairing. If you pair your controller with the USB wireless dongle it would force the pair to the dongle instead of the console. But then you would be require
    to re-pair the controller to the console when you wanted to use it there as well.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

headphones need addressed

[quote user="SAFLEYDAD"]Ya, then think about having to put a wireless chat dongle on top of an Xbox Adapter Dongle then hang it all on the bottom of the controller that XBOX brags about being so cool looking.[/quote]Is there a reason you think Turtle Beach
    won't come up with a wireless dongle that plugs directly into the Xbox One controller in the same manner their existing dongles work with the 360 controller?
    Even having a wired chat line attached to an adapter is going to make the controller balance
    different and it will look like crap. When is the last time an adapter worked well in anything.
    Seems to be working fine for those using the headset that comes with the Xbox One.

You are aware that by and large headsets used with the 360 rely on cabling that runs from the base of the controller to the headset, correct?
  7. D43D4L14N X1 Win User

Wireless USB Keyboard with xbox one

It is recommended to use Microsoft Wired Keyboard, as wireless adapter for keyboard will interfere with Xbox One's internal wireless adapter for Controllers or WiFi, and Xbox One does not have drivers for keyboard wireless dongle.
  8. davemcfly85 Win User

Wireless Xbox Controller For Windows

its the same wireless controller as the one that comes with any 360 it just comes with the USB wireless dongle that plugs into your PC. all you need to do is hold down the sync button on the dongle and the one your 360 controller and it will work with it.
    I bought just the dongle on ebay and it worked with my old gray/white controller from my old fat 360 and my black one from my slim.
Thema:

Will the xbox one controller require a dongle to be used on PC?

1. Will the xbox one controller require a dongle to be used on PC? - Similar Threads - controller require dongle

2. Xbox One controller stops responding on PC and requires a restart to work again.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller stops responding on PC and requires a restart to work again.: Just as the title says. This problem has been happening for months now. If I have my controller connected to my PC regardless of if I'm actually using it or not, the controller will become...
  3. Elite Controller update erforderlich [Translation - Elite controller update required]

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Controller update erforderlich [Translation - Elite controller update required]: [10.01.2019 16:00] Soeben ausgepackt: Neuer Elite-Controller. Zubehör-App gefunden. Erste Mitteilung: "Update erforderlich". Keinerlei weiterer Hinweis. ---[Mod Translation - [10.01.2019 16:00]...
  4. Adaptative controller XAC requirements

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptative controller XAC requirements: I plan to buy Adaptative Controller and I want to figure out my requirements. 1- On RT and LT what's the potentiometer ohms value I should use with 3.5mm jack? 2- If I use XAC with Copilot and...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 - parental control required for online activity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 - parental control required for online activity: HI My son has been playing this game on Xbox one for sometime now and on Tuesday has started to get a message that parental control set for online activity. I have not changed any of his settings...
  6. My xbox amazon basics controller A button requires me to push the A button down its not sticky

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox amazon basics controller A button requires me to push the A button down its not sticky: i started having problems with my controller i was wondering its button is not sticky but the controller is a cord one i was wonder if theres a way to fix it The A button wont respond the only way...
  7. Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller really requires batteries?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller really requires batteries?: I'm considering buying the "Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows & Xbox 360 Console" but the description on Amazon.com says that this wired controller requires two AA batteries. Is this...
  8. Up and down dpad on controller with 3.5 mm headphone jack require excessive force to work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up and down dpad on controller with 3.5 mm headphone jack require excessive force to work.: when I got on yesterday my up and down dpad require excessive force to work. I am using the controller with the 3.5 mm headphone jack so I cannot unscrew it and fix it. Does anyone know any other...
  9. XBox One Controller connection requires reboot

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Controller connection requires reboot: Hey folks, I have my Xbox power settings to minimal when off, so that I can wake it up with the controller. I can't seem to do this anymore. Also, if I turn on the Xbox first and then try to...
  10. Why do Xbox wireless controllers still require batteries?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do Xbox wireless controllers still require batteries?: Ps4 is wireless and battery free. 78ee822c-3d78-4570-9140-216bd9d409c3