will the xbox pc app ever work?

Discus and support will the xbox pc app ever work? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hasnt worked in a month for me, not that it never worked well. just tried to update 'Gaming Services' not only did it get stuck updating, magically,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by L0STf0r3VER, Jan 15, 2022.

1. L0STf0r3VER
    L0STf0r3VER Guest

hasnt worked in a month for me, not that it never worked well. just tried to update 'Gaming Services' not only did it get stuck updating, magically, all my desktop icons are now IE. seriously, i dont know anything about programming or coding or whatever the people who make this app are too incompetent at to make it work, but i know this app network is the only thing ive ever encountered that is fundamentally tied into your computer and completely broken. look at the ratings for the gaming services app. its literally thousands of people saying "this doesnt work nothing works its broken"

thats my question, is there any intention to fix this garbage that has been broken for years now?

:)

L0STf0r3VER, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Farscape247 Win User

been working fine for me and and the other pc's in my house, was terrible last year but now works fine on windows 10. and not had a single issue on windows 11 too.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Try this: Go to Windows settings >> Apps >> Xbox >> Advanced >> Repair & Reset.

After doing that, Perform the same steps for Gaming Services and Microsoft Store as well.

If that doesn't help then, Try reinstalling the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10 device:

- Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

- In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page, and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

- Restart your device, and try to install the game again.

If that doesn't help, Go below in regedit and delete both keys and reboot.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet
  4. TrentSpecht Win User

File System Error (-2143322101) When Opening Minecraft Launcher

Are you talking about the Xbox Companion app? Or the app named "Xbox" on the Microsoft store? If you are talking about the second, I don't have it installed nor have I ever had it installed on this PC.
  5. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

Please help!

Have you got the xbox app on your PC? and therefor have a virus that sets it to online? Just speculating don't know if this has ever happened.
  6. E Anton Win User

Error 0x80a40008 when trying to create Passkey

Could this have something to do with my Microsoft account also being used on an Xbox app on my Windows 10 PC?

I don't think I've ever used the Xbox app on my PC, but Windows 10 loves to install
    [Mod Removed - see Guidelines] I don't want.
Thema:

1. will the xbox pc app ever work? - Similar Threads - app ever

2. Why is the Xbox app still terrible and hardly ever working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the Xbox app still terrible and hardly ever working?: The Xbox pc app is still awful. Often won’t download games. When I do finally get them installed, some time later, I get “this app can’t open” and have to re-install. I pay good money for game...
  3. Ever since Forza horizon 5 switched to the Xbox app for download and updates, it won't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since Forza horizon 5 switched to the Xbox app for download and updates, it won't...: It seems recently the game updated and it also switched to the Xbox Store somehow. Ever since then i can't start the download. when i tried a complete reinstall, it would also just show me an...
  4. Will the Microsoft store and Xbox app on PC EVER have their damn download speeds fixed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Microsoft store and Xbox app on PC EVER have their damn download speeds fixed: It's been an issue for years, and you only need to do a quick google search to see thousands of posts across forums complaining at how **** it is, how it fluctuates constantly and never makes use...
  5. Youtube on Xbox Series S/X - the worst app ever?

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube on Xbox Series S/X - the worst app ever?: Have never had a good experience using Youtube on my Series S. Issues (often, but not always): - Videos take a long time to start - if they start at all - Extremely poor quality at times due to...
  6. Will there ever be an Apple Music app?

in XboX Insiders
    Will there ever be an Apple Music app?: I used to have Amazon Music, and used it to listen to music while playing on my Xbox, but I recently switched to Apple Music, and was wondering if Apple and Microsoft had any plans on implementing...
  7. Ever sense i installed the xbox insider app my xbox is lagging/not loading

in XboX Insiders
    Ever sense i installed the xbox insider app my xbox is lagging/not loading: So as the title tells all of you Ever sense i installed the update for the xbox insider hub my xbox has been lagging out and not loading anything any help? and before you all say go make a support...
  8. Is Microsoft ever gonna fix their [mod removed] app?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Is Microsoft ever gonna fix their [mod removed] app?: The last month or so this app 9/10 times has an issue. Whether it’s with not displaying friends, party chat connection problems and cutting out, or just not loading. This app is honestly straight...
  9. Will remote downloads from game pass app ever work properly and how they are supposed to....

in XboX Insiders
    Will remote downloads from game pass app ever work properly and how they are supposed to....: This is very frustrating as it works fine one day and the next I have to queue multiple games to get the first one to download. I was in beta and left as someone suggested it is the preview...
  10. Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting...

in XboX Insiders
    Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting...: Just wondering if Microsoft will ever allow gamers to cast games to television screens. I am not sure if it is possible now. submitted by /u/aribbabar [link] [comments]