Will the xbox series s support external disk drives.

Discus and support Will the xbox series s support external disk drives. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I was just wondering if there were any plans to support external disk drives for the xbox series s. 90% of my xbox game library is on disk, and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OliverSexton, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

1. OliverSexton
    OliverSexton Guest

Hi,

I was just wondering if there were any plans to support external disk drives for the xbox series s.

90% of my xbox game library is on disk, and I don't have a 4k tv so I don't see the point in buying a series x.

Please add support for external disk drives!

Thank you!

P.S: I'm not saying you have to sell games on disk, just asking for the ability for people to play there xbox one disk library on the series s.

:)

2. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

The all digital xbox one s does not support external disk drives currently
  3. dempup Win User

Hi Oliver.

No external optical drives will be supported on the Series S/X. For disc based gaming, you will need to purchase the Series X, NOT s.
  4. Smwutches Win User

External storage

5. ngocphi Win User

XBox Game Discs on Series S

Any external drive wouldnt work

One it needs to be the same speed as xbox x series

A dvd usb drive wont read bluray disks

And at the expense of a bluray reader plus the additional hardware you might as well buy an x series

Why would you buy something you dont need if you need to read disks

There is huge difference between x and s

And S ISNT DESIGNED FOR DISKS

And the software would refuse it

3 the s series downloads have lower file sizes since its less capable

And yes the servera detect this

So you dont need 4k files

You do realize you only have a 512gig ssd in the s series right? And thr cpu and gpu arent the same aa the x series because of the limited hardware in the s seriea the downloads are smaller

If you want disks buy the right product
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Does the Xbox Series S Support an External Disk Drive

Hi,

They won't ever release an external Blu-ray drive that you can plug in as such drives could be modified to run pirated games. It doesn't matter what security they to implement, some person or tech group would find a way to make it install pirated games.

The Series S is curious for sure. On the one hand it's an overall cheaper console for users on a budget, but if your Internet speed isn't great or you're on a connection with a data cap it could be a problem for a digital only console.

But, like I said, they won't release an external blu-ray drive.
Thema:

1. Will the xbox series s support external disk drives. - Similar Threads - series support external

2. Xbox currently does not support monitors in the range of 61-119Hz. Will the Series S/X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox currently does not support monitors in the range of 61-119Hz. Will the Series S/X...: Hi, so I have a HP Omen 32", which is a monitor that has 75Hz functionality. In the settings menu on my One X, I see the options for 60 or 120Hz. However, trying to enable 120 fails on my monitor...
  3. XBox Series X preorder cancelled by MS Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X preorder cancelled by MS Support: Hi, I had an XBox Series X preorder that was cancelled by MS customer support by mistake when attempting to resolve a separate check-out issue for a laptop I was purchasing. They tell me I am out...
  4. XBox Support page doesn't recognize my Elite Series One controller Serial

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Support page doesn't recognize my Elite Series One controller Serial: Yes, I know where the number is located. Of course this marvelous piece of engineering has controller drift and I want to arrange getting it repaired. How. 3116ab72-f4c2-4b6f-b325-3c92458b03f5
  5. Xbox one adapter for windows 10 - Xbox Series S/X support?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one adapter for windows 10 - Xbox Series S/X support?: Hi Hoping that someone either may have asked this question in the past or that someone from Xbox will know but will the new Series S/X support the current adapter (or future replacement adapter)...
  6. Great morning :) Almost had a Series X, but Support blew it!!!!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Great morning :) Almost had a Series X, but Support blew it!!!!: Got up early this morning and pre ordered a Series X on Microsoft's store. All is good and confirmed. But when i get the confirmation, they have put on my old address and not the one currently...
  7. Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?: My PS4 and computer send HDR to my monitor just fine but XB1X will not (HP Pavilion 1440p VESA HDR600 model 3BZ12AA). I would like to know if Xbox Series X/S will support HDR for non-4k monitors....
  8. Will the xbox series x support ultrawide 21:9 displays?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the xbox series x support ultrawide 21:9 displays?: Will the xbox series x support ultrawide 21:9 displays? f70cdcd0-543c-4d0d-900d-3c1536ecc215
  9. Does the Xbox Series S Support an External Disk Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox Series S Support an External Disk Drive: For someone already owning disks for xbox one to xbox, it's a hard pick when it comes to the next gen consoles. On one side, the Xbox Series X is amazing with it's disk drive, but not so much for...
  10. Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?: Fair warning: a proper answer to this question may require someone with engineering-level knowledge of the upcoming XBox Series X. It has been publicized that the new XBox Series X will no longer...