Will there be a patch for none VESA timed monitors

Discus and support Will there be a patch for none VESA timed monitors in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Will there be a patch for non-veza timed monitors so we can run at higher refresh rates at 1440p on the new Xbox series... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by travrom, Apr 7, 2021.

1. travrom
    travrom Guest

Will there be a patch for non-veza timed monitors so we can run at higher refresh rates at 1440p on the new Xbox series

:)

travrom, Apr 7, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Why ?

If you don't follow VESA then what is there to follow ? How many combinations must consoles.companies research from each different monitor provider who DONT FOLLOW industry standards ? And who governs these new standards?

VESA IS the agreed upon standards that governs all monitor and tv industries from everything from display to MOUNTS

Non vesa standards are meant for computers not .consoles because they have drivers for each monitor direct from the manufacturer

And computer video.cards are very forgiving

Fyi non vesa and vesa timings can mean the difference between you seeing blurry lines and HD crisp pictures
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

120hz on the Series X

Hi,

I'm afraid there won't be a way to get 120Hz on that monitor on the Series X, at least not yet anyway. It doesn't support 120Hz on your console because Microsoft are only accepting VESA standard refresh timings for monitors.

Basically when you connect your console to a monitor or TV it reads a chip on your display that tells it what it is capable of. This is called E-EDID and stands for Enhanced Extended Display Identification Data. This tells the Xbox what the display can 'officially'
    do display wise in regards to resolution, timings, HDR, etc.

At the moment, Xbox consoles only accept timings from the official VESA standard (Video Electronics Standards Association). These official timings are reported to the console, but many monitors also have non-standard timings.

The manual of your monitor shows 60Hz at 1080P, but interestingly shows 120Hz as '119.982'. This doesn't confirm to the VESA standard it seems (frustratingly I don't have VESA timings information at the moment).

This has been an issue since XB1X. Only now with the release of the Series X is it becoming more widespread and gaining attention.

Plug a suitably equipped PC into that monitor and it will be able to do 120Hz at 1080P all day because a PC can use the preferred timings in the E-EDID template of your monitor, it's not stuck with VESA timings.

Until Microsoft fixes this issue, you'll either need to stay in 1080P/60 or buy a new monitor that conforms to the VESA timings standard.

Sorry about that.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X does not allow HDR10:on with Screen resolutions below 4K

The information was found from the Rtings.com website
    here

I must point out, the 60Hz limitation with HDR is via HDMI on this monitor. There is no limitation on a PC via Display Port. A very good monitor for a PC armed with an RTX 3070.

Xbox consoles are very fussy when it comes to refresh rates over HDMI. Rather than use the preferred refresh rate that the monitor will tell the console it can use over E-EDID, Microsoft have chosen to only accept timings from the official VESA standard
    (Video Electronics Standards Association). If your chosen monitor doesn't have these timings, it won't be able to use all its features on an Xbox console.

This means you can't just go with what the marketing says on box, you have to dig deeper and look at the monitor manual and review sites to see what refresh rates are supported and, more importantly, if they are VESA.

Some monitor manuals actually state VESA and others put these other timings in a separate column called 'HDMI Video Timing'.
  5. Echo4Ent Win User

DisplayHDR 1000

Display HDR 1000 is a VESA Certification of HDR capability. This monitor having Display HDR 1000 means that it meets VESA's highest requirements for an HDR display.

This monitor should work beautifully for Xbox One X. You can see more information on the Display HDR ratings here.

Happy Gaming!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Monitor Gigabyte G27Q wont do 1440p/120fps

Hello

This has been an issue since XB1X. Only now with the release of the Series X is it becoming more widespread and gaining attention.

It’s an issue with the XB not supporting non-VESA standard frequency timings. Many monitors are made with custom frequency timings, which is why the Xbox won’t accept the 120hz output at 1440p.

When you connect your console to a monitor or TV it reads a chip on your display that tells it what it is capable of. This is called E-EDID and stands for Enhanced Extended Display Identification Data. This tells the Xbox what the display can 'officially'
    do display wise in regards to resolution, timings, HDR, etc.

At the moment, Xbox consoles only accept timings from the official VESA standard (Video Electronics Standards Association). These official timings are reported to the console, but many monitors also have non-standard timings.

For example the HP 27xq, which is 1440p 144hz) can display 1440p at a vertical frequency of 119.88 instead of the VESA standard. Hence why the Xbox doesn’t accept it. Info of these values should be found in your specific monitors user manual.

You can get 120Hz 1440P on a compatible PC all day because PC graphics cards are not tied down to only using VESA approved timings. The timings in the manual are correct, or at least they are for PC.
Thema:

1. Will there be a patch for none VESA timed monitors - Similar Threads - patch none VESA

2. When Yakuza 5 will be patched? Facing a ton of gamebreaking bugs

in XBoX on Windows
    When Yakuza 5 will be patched? Facing a ton of gamebreaking bugs: As the title says. I see steam already patched the game more than 1 week ago while in game pass not only the game is not patched but due the Game Pass client politics I just can't manually install...
  3. Taxi Chaos patch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Taxi Chaos patch?: I have read about a patch for Taxi Chaos on the Xbox One, does anybody know when it is coming if its true? 8c083db4-ce3f-45f5-8840-95546d952c2e
  4. This lates alpha update patch is ridiculous

in XboX Insiders
    This lates alpha update patch is ridiculous: Constantly being disconnected from the internet after closing/ switching a game. The dashboard lag when using 120hz. Controller disconnects. Game crashes(idk if it’s because the alpha or something...
  5. an idea for patch notes for the games whenever they update.

in XboX Insiders
    an idea for patch notes for the games whenever they update.: So every so often Old games new games gets update’s for lots of reasons so I was thinking I have an idea instead of going to the website or waiting for patch notes to come would be cool if Xbox...
  6. How does Quick Resume work with Patches and Updates

in XboX Insiders
    How does Quick Resume work with Patches and Updates: I never really fully close ac valhalla and always just open it quick resume its great I'm back where I was in the middle of England in seconds but I don't recall ever having to load the game from...
  7. Star trek online doesntlaunch after patches, uninstall. and reinstall, any work arounds?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star trek online doesntlaunch after patches, uninstall. and reinstall, any work arounds?: Star trek online not working after patch a11594c0-b97c-451f-b7b0-ec02ddbe5080
  8. is the minecraft bedrock permanently stuck on beta issue ever gonna be patched?

in XboX Insiders
    is the minecraft bedrock permanently stuck on beta issue ever gonna be patched?: its been weeks ive tried everything i just want normal minecraft back so i can use online again and play my old worlds again submitted by /u/ChumBucketMan_69 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Series X 120hz Patch for more Monitor Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X 120hz Patch for more Monitor Support: I have a Lenovo g32qc-10 and I recently found out the series x doesn't support 120hz on it despite the monitor being able to do 144hz. Are there any plans for future series x patches that will...
  10. Game Pass on Chrome Book has not worked since mid December - when will the patch arrive?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game Pass on Chrome Book has not worked since mid December - when will the patch arrive?: Good afternoon - is there any word on the patch for the beta Ultimate Game Pass for the Chromebook platform? My son has waited for 2-3 weeks for this monthly subscription to resume working, only...