Will they ever fix monitors not being able to do 1440p at 120hz?

Discus and support Will they ever fix monitors not being able to do 1440p at 120hz? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Recently got the Series S and wanted to get a new monitor to get the full 1440p 120hz experience. I was disappointed to find out that only a select few... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/whatevenaremovies, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Will they ever fix monitors not being able to do 1440p at 120hz?

Recently got the Series S and wanted to get a new monitor to get the full 1440p 120hz experience. I was disappointed to find out that only a select few monitors are allowed to reach these at the same time. I've been researching for days to see if there is a general work around or if there are plans to patch this in the future and so far haven't been able to find anything.

Just trying to figure out if I should return my current monitor and get one that is certain to work, or just hold on to it in case Xbox fixes the issue in the future.

submitted by /u/whatevenaremovies
    [link] [comments]

/u/whatevenaremovies, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor

Hi,

I'm sorry to tell you but for the moment at least you won't be able to use your monitor at that resolution. The reason being is that your monitor is not 1440P monitor. A true 1440P display has a 16:9 ratio and supports a resolution of
    2560x1440.

Xbox One X consoles do not currently support 21:9 aspect ratio's, therefore unfortunately, there is no way to display that resolution natively on your Xbox One console.

The monitor you have is more is more for the PC gaming market, which supports Ultra Wide aspect ratio's and resolutions.

I'm really sorry about that.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B 27 Inch Monitor With XBOX Series S

Hi

Absolutely! But the display should be able to do 120Hz, but only at 1080P as this is a limitation of FreeSync with HDMI for this display.

Make sure you enable VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) in the Xbox display settings as this will remove stuttering and screen tearing.

Just on a technical note, 1440P monitors are not 2K displays. A 2K display is 1080P, 1440P monitors are 2.5K

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gl83a-b

Rtings is a professional monitor and TV review website. If they haven't reviewed a TV or monitor, it may not be worth buying.
  4. HighSpacerr Win User

1440p@ 120 hz issue xbox series x

I fixxed it by changing my monitor to fps mode and disable freesync premium on the monitor itself. Now I am at 1440p@120hz on xbox series x
  5. SOUNDS424 Win User

Best Automatically Compatible Xbox One X 120Hz Freesync Monitors With 1MS Response Time?

Hey, I hope you haven't bought a monitor going off of these suggestions. There is an issue with xbox one x. Even if you buy a monitor capable of 1440p and 144hz or better, the Xbox won't recognize this as possible, with a lot of monitors. There are multiple
    threads on Xbox website with people having this problem. It'll allow you to select 4k at 60hz, 1080p at 120hz, or 1440p at 60hz. So with that in mind you should either get a 4k monitor and use 60hz, or save some money and get a 1080p monitor that use 120 hz.
    Don't do like I and many others did, which is research and buy a monitor that does 1440p@144hz, then end up not being able to use it. And Microsoft support has no answer to this problem. Many users say they use the HDMI port and a PC and get it to work, then
    xbox says your monitor can't support 120hz at 1440p resolution. Microsoft finally said the system won't recognize it depending certain coding used by the monitor manufacturers, but it's no way to know before purchasing it, unless you find a YouTube video showing
    it working on a specific monitor. So if you want 120hz, get a 1080p monitor that does it, or go 4k@60 of you want the better resolution.
  6. Axggie Win User

random black screening Xbox one X

It happens no matter what i do any game i play even if im chilling in the home screen it does it
    So i tried my 3 displays with a brand new hdmi 2.0 18gbps cable, 1 being a 1080p monitor, one being a 1440p monitor and one being a 4k monitor. The 4k monitor was the only one that showed the picture and it did not cut out in the little time frame i had
    to check it so i decided to do a full wipe/reset of the console including all my games and am hoping that fixes the issues otherwise idk im out of tricks to try.
Thema:

Will they ever fix monitors not being able to do 1440p at 120hz?

1. Will they ever fix monitors not being able to do 1440p at 120hz? - Similar Threads - ever fix monitors

2. Will the Microsoft store and Xbox app on PC EVER have their damn download speeds fixed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Microsoft store and Xbox app on PC EVER have their damn download speeds fixed: It's been an issue for years, and you only need to do a quick google search to see thousands of posts across forums complaining at how **** it is, how it fluctuates constantly and never makes use...
  3. 4k clips are broken, will they ever fix them?

in XboX Insiders
    4k clips are broken, will they ever fix them?: This is becoming very frustrating, yet again the 4K clips either crash the captures player app or they just don't work. I'm in Alpha skip ahead with a series x, not that the console choice should...
  4. Is Rage 2 ever going to be fixed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is Rage 2 ever going to be fixed?: I had Rage 2 running perfectly for a while then opened nvidia overlay and all of a sudden crashed and I can not even open the game, as soon as I do I get the error report window. Tried every way...
  5. Was this bug ever fixed? I need to know now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Was this bug ever fixed? I need to know now: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_gapp/cant-update-privacy-and-online-safety-settings/139586c9-f0c9-4f18-8e36-69637e0f0102?auth=1&page=2 a0fc973c-845b-4bf6-9fa3-8ffb9b784db5
  6. Will there ever be a fix for error code 0x87EOOOOF?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will there ever be a fix for error code 0x87EOOOOF?: I keep getting this error code 0x87OOOOF when I try to download MCC on my computer from the Microsoft store I have ultimate game pass so I could download and play games for free on my pc. Please...
  7. Did anyone ever find a fix to that update that killed instalation on External hardrives

in XboX Insiders
    Did anyone ever find a fix to that update that killed instalation on External hardrives: Late winter /early spring last year there was an update that made it so that external hardrives can install games or have them moved to them. Since then, I've been left with a 2TB Fantom Drive...
  8. Will the capture / recording function ever get fixed?

in XboX Insiders
    Will the capture / recording function ever get fixed?: With playing CoD Warzone I still have a lot of issues using the video capture function. Only approx 6 seconds captures. This is already an issue since the game released. Making it basically...
  9. Has completely leaving the program ever fixed an issue for you?

in XboX Insiders
    Has completely leaving the program ever fixed an issue for you?: For a few months now I’ve been having a handful of games consistently produce the error “took too long to start”. I’ve done everything I can think of troubleshooting wise to resolve this issue...
  10. Will 4k and 60 fps rec will ever be fixed on Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Will 4k and 60 fps rec will ever be fixed on Xbox?: Hi! I bought Xbox One X over PS4 Pro (i still have original Xbox One) ONLY cause of this feature (4k capture). I was waiting for about 3 months, and still no fix for it (funny thing that they...