Will Xbox Series X Output Native 1440p?

Discus and support Will Xbox Series X Output Native 1440p? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I currently own a Samsung CHG70, which is a 1440p 144hz monitor. I have also pre-ordered the Xbox Series X. I know that the Series X will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChopRum, Oct 29, 2020.

1. ChopRum
    ChopRum Guest

Hi all,

I currently own a Samsung CHG70, which is a 1440p 144hz monitor. I have also pre-ordered the Xbox Series X. I know that the Series X will "support" 1440p, but I am curious on how it is supported. I would ideally like to run the console/gpu to output Native
    1440p. I do not want to have the console run in 4K and super-sample/downscale to 1440p. Super-sampling may provide a clearer image than Native 1440p by outputting the image in 4K then "the average color" for each of the 1440p pixels, but I value frame rate
    for smooth motion more than a sharp/clear still image. If the console is outputting 4K and super-sampling/downscaling down to 1440p, then the GPU is still processing the 4K image, which will result in lower FPS. I also know that 4K can run games at UP TO 120hz
    on the Xbox Series X, so it "shouldn't" make a difference, but the key words there are "UP TO". 4K games will almost always run below 120 FPS, or will at least dip below 120 FPS in visually intensive games/scenes/levels. I would prefer to run in Native 1440p
    and have the FPS more consistently locked to 120 FPS.

1. How will Xbox Series X output display/video data when 1440p is selected in the Settings->Video Output section? (Multiple Choice Will Xbox Series X Output Native 1440p? :) )

a. The Xbox Series X will output in Native 1440p, resulting in maximum FPS at 1440p.

b. The Xbox Series X will output in 4K and super-sample/downscale to 1440p, which will result in FPS consistent with Native 4K.

c. Some other option I'm unaware of? Please explain.

2. How will Xbox Series X output display/video data when 1080p is selected in the Settings->Video Output section? (Multiple Choice Will Xbox Series X Output Native 1440p? :) )

a. The Xbox Series X will output in Native 1080p, resulting in maximum FPS at 1080p.

b. The Xbox Series X will output in 4K and super-sample/downscale to 1080p, which will result in FPS consistent with Native 4K.

c. Some other option I'm unaware of? Please explain.

Let me know if any of the above is unclear or if my technical understanding is incorrect.

Thank you,

Chop

:)

ChopRum, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi

1. The answer to this is C, but with some caveats. It's up to the developer on how they want their game to run. This may mean that some games will be 4K and be downscaled to 1440P. However, a couple of the games I've seen so far have a nice set of visual features
      built into their main menu's. These games were Dirt 5 and Yakuza Like a Dragon. Both of these games had the ability to prioritise performance over a 4K resolution.
    2. It's going to be C as per my previous answer. It's not like a PC gaming machine. Changing the resolution to 1080P doesn't mean games will render in 1080P. Not unless Microsoft change it to they way it can work on the PS4 Pro anyway.

Remember though the elephant in the room here, the Xbox Series S. Series S has less RAM and and a less capable GPU. Its games will not run in 4K. Which means more games with the same options like the ones seen in Yakuza and Dirt 5. It's not definite, but
    with more console users now buying monitors, it seems more likely than not.
  3. RandyAU93 Win User

Backwards compatibility

Unfortunately, there are no more backward compatibility developments for Xbox One. The team responsible for the feature is now working on implementing it on Xbox Series X, being launched later this year. It is believed - but not yet confirmed - that the
    back-compatibility feature on Series X will permit any game from any previous Xbox generation to be played on the console natively. We should hear more in the coming months, but if it's currently back-compatible on Xbox One, it will be on Xbox Series X.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

The upcoming X-Box Series X

Yes, I currently own an X Box One X

When does the new X Box series X release this year?

Will it have blue-ray?

I have a 65 inch, 4K television.

Will I see a difference in graphics with the new X Box on my 4K?
    Xbox Series X will release Holiday 2020, given Xbox's track record of releasing new consoles, they've usually been around November.

It will have Blu-Ray.

With the Xbox One X, it uses checkerboarding to get 4K resolution, though it's not true 4K, it's what allows the One X to get to 4K,

With the Xbox Series X, it will use true native 4K, you may see that the Series X will look a little better at 4K than the One X at 4K.
  5. dempup Win User

Will the Xbox Series X or S be able to be down scaled to 720p - 1080p?

Hi there.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. Yes, the series S/X does support 1080p output.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Xbox Live Arcade games/subscription

While back-compatibility on Xbox One is pretty well set at this point, the plans for Xbox Series X aren't fully established yet. There are unconfirmed rumors that suggest that Series X's back-compat will be very extensive … to the point where the console
    would be able to play any OG Xbox, Xbox 360 or Xbox One title available, even if it's not on the current

Xbox One back-compat list
    . If that rumor is true, that would mean that any such game would work natively, as if Series X was that console.
Thema:

1. Will Xbox Series X Output Native 1440p? - Similar Threads - Series Output Native

2. Xbox Series X Screen Flicker LG C9 TV

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Screen Flicker LG C9 TV: No issues first week or so with new console, but now when I play games the screen randomly blinks off (solid black) for a half second at a time. Using HDMI 2.1 (the included cable), LG C9 series...
  3. xbox elite controller series 2 keeps forcing the menu upwards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox elite controller series 2 keeps forcing the menu upwards: i have an elite controller that doesnt work anymore because it keeps forcing the menu upwards and i cant stop it, i tried EVERYTHING including doing a factory reset on my xbox with it attached...
  4. Xbox Series X Slow my entire network down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Slow my entire network down: I just bought a series X and whenever it is on my entire house's devices slow to a crawl. I had a Xbox One X and did not have this issue. I have 1Gig internet, Orbi RBR850 and have the xbox wired...
  5. Series X Blu-Ray/4k player does not output true black (even though the X1X does)

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Blu-Ray/4k player does not output true black (even though the X1X does): This one surprised me, especially considering I figured the Blu-ray would be the same as the X1X. Turns out that the Blu-ray app on the Series X puts out a very (VERY) dark gray (RGB value of...
  6. Xbox Series X 4K Blu-ray Player Cannot Output True Black

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X 4K Blu-ray Player Cannot Output True Black: [IMG] submitted by /u/TotalFark [link] [comments]
  7. Asus VG278Q Monitor not outputting 120hz on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Asus VG278Q Monitor not outputting 120hz on Xbox Series X: Hello, I am dumbfounded with what to do about this problem. My monitor, the ASUS VG278Q does not seem to output 120hz on my Xbox Series X, even though I'm pretty sure it supports 120hz over HDMI,...
  8. Will the Series X output 1440p 120fps with MSI MAG271CQR Monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Series X output 1440p 120fps with MSI MAG271CQR Monitor: Will the Series X be able to output 1440p 120fps with Freesync onto my MSI MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz Monitor? bb60cb56-ddde-4115-9dd5-1839cf40bc69
  9. Xbox Series X isn't outputting any sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X isn't outputting any sound: I've just turned on by Xbox Series X today to find that it's not outputting any sound? It was working fine yesterday and I have no touched the setup. Steps I have taken: I've reset the console...
  10. Xbox Series X - no dedicated digital sound output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - no dedicated digital sound output: Well I wish I had done more research before my Series X arrived today. My Xbox One X has an optical digital sound output as I use it as my 4K Ultra HD Blu Ray player (please don't bother telling...