Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games

Discus and support Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So an issue I encountered today. I try to launch Gears 5 on my system to find that a certain descriptor file does not exist and it wont launch. I go... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cao Cao Fizzle, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games

So an issue I encountered today.

I try to launch Gears 5 on my system to find that a certain descriptor file does not exist and it wont launch. I go through the motions of rebooting and checking again to no avail. Then I find that the uninstall button is missing. So I uninstall through
    windows.

Now the app wont install the game at all. No matter which drive I go to. So I check my drives with a partition manager to find that there are virtual disks on my system. One of which curiously is the same size as the game itself.

I go to the install location for the game and take ownership of the folder to be able to view its contents. Sure enough Gears5 is still there. I attempt to delete the files to find that they are all protected by system and cannot take ownership of the files.

I reboot my system and find that the xbox app now shows a 'play' button for the game but nothing happens when i do so. Attempting to install the game through the windows store starts the windows network service on a task and shows that it is indeed downloading
    SOMETHING in task manager.

The issue remains that the xbox app does not actually show that it's downloading.

So in short. I have virtual disks that can't be modified or deleted. A game that can't be launched, uninstalled, or reinstalled and I've not seen any documentation for this kind of issue.

So basically I'd like some sort of clarification of this particular issue from someone that knows how the xbox app on windows works.

I'm going to give the network service a reasonable amount of time to do whatever it's doing and then after that I'm going to start taking more drastic measures (like formatting my game drives) to put myself back to square one but I'm posting this here because
    I believe that this stupid app still wont work.

:)

Cao Cao Fizzle, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Cao Cao Fizzle Win User

In the end I had to resort to a full reinstall of win10 to fix this issue. So some sort of fix for this kind of nonsense would be appreciated for the future.
  3. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Xbox Beta App for PC - Error code 0x00000001

I was having the same problem, resolved by updating Win10, but as you already have everything up to date, try to sign out and log in again, uninstall and install the gamepass app. Good luck!!
  4. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

The Outer Worlds on game pass for PC main menu/loading bugs

I had pc problems with games that were not running, an update on win10 solved, already tried to uninstall the game and install again?
  5. Wilize Win User

Dead Rising 4 revalidation - Cant Play the game

Hello
    MDG o CROWN o

it was a good idea that i had not fought off but sadly it did not help

tried to uninstall the xbox app and run the game through the win10 store did not help,

then i tried to re-install the xbox (beta) app and the game again , then run it, did also not help
  6. cookieater821 Win User

Delete a game from your played list?

this is because it is considered a Microsoft game which on the PC has preset apps that are truly un-installable with the win10 upgrade. It will not show up on xbox platforms because it truly is not "xbox" game
Thema:

1. Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games - Similar Threads - Win10 App unable

2. Win10 Xbox app, friends offline, never get their invites.

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 Xbox app, friends offline, never get their invites.: It's been a couple years now and my friend and I still have these issues. We're trying to get into a lobby for Forza motorsport 7 and I would never get the invite. If his profile actually said he...
  3. Win10 Xbox App download Cache location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 Xbox App download Cache location?: Hi I have a strange issue where i tried downloading GoW4 last night, though didn't finish before shutting down. Booting backup today the app seems to have forgotten i was mid download and is...
  4. Metro Exodus as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903) PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903) PC.: That Game as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903). The Download took more than 20 hours. Internet Speed is VDSL 50. Rebooting twice was necessary to complete that download....
  5. Xbox (Beta) Win10 app bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (Beta) Win10 app bug: Not sure if this is the right place for this (I was directed here by MS customer support), but I have just installed the Xbox (Beta) Win 10 app and the first thing it greeted me with was "Due to a...
  6. Cant sign in on win10 xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant sign in on win10 xbox app: Service alert seems fine. I checked it not even 30 seconds ago and everythings green error code 0xbba 3ed4c9a7-a28a-4ff8-b585-aac6d60afe7a
  7. Xbox Win10 app crashes when I try to upload a video clip onto Xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Win10 app crashes when I try to upload a video clip onto Xbox live: I've tried to upload different clips, but I keep getting the same results: the upload gets to 97/98%, then stops and the Xbox App crashes, without even an error message. What is the problem? What...
  8. Xbox can´t join Club´s (Xbox App Win10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox can´t join Club´s (Xbox App Win10): Hey Community, I have a problem with the Xbox App. I want to join a Club in the Xbox App for Windows 10. If I click the button "request invitation" or "join" always the same popup comes up....
  9. Problem Xbox App win10 multiplayerdienst [Translation - Problem with Xbox App win10 ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem Xbox App win10 multiplayerdienst [Translation - Problem with Xbox App win10 ...: ich kann mit Windows Games keine Multiplayer spielen habe z.bsp Forza horizon 4 habe eigentlich alles Suportt Anweisungen gemacht funktioniert trotzdem nicht. ich habe einen 2 pc bei diesem...
  10. Unable to receive party chat invites on Win10 Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to receive party chat invites on Win10 Xbox app: Hello guys, I downloaded the xbox app to play forza 7 but I'm having some issues with the party chats.. First of all, my friends can't send me invites, I'm not seeing them.. Second, sometimes I...