(Win10) Xbox One Controller Thumbstick buttons (L3/R3) not working in any game

Discus and support (Win10) Xbox One Controller Thumbstick buttons (L3/R3) not working in any game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; i've tried a bunch of things but nothing seems to work. it specifically doesn't work in-game, any game, no matter if it's from steam, origin, gog etc..... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/StardustR4, Feb 21, 2021.

1. (Win10) Xbox One Controller Thumbstick buttons (L3/R3) not working in any game

i've tried a bunch of things but nothing seems to work. it specifically doesn't work in-game, any game, no matter if it's from steam, origin, gog etc.. outside of games, it's being registered without any trouble if pressed, according to Win10 itself and the Xbox Accessories App.

i can't seem to find where the problem is.

the last time i played with my controller, like 2019/2020, i had no problems whatsoever.

i've already tried updating and re-installing everything in terms of drivers, but nope.

example: gog;witcher 3 i can't call horse/roach, steam;gtaV i can't look back while in a vehicle

is there a wise soul out there, who maybe has an idea as to why this might be happening?

submitted by /u/StardustR4
    [link] [comments]

/u/StardustR4, Feb 21, 2021
  2. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

Is there a way to solve the controller drifting?

This doesn't always fix it...but sometimes if you click down on both sticks ( R3 L3) and power it on while holding them down it will help.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox 360 right analog wont click

Hello BlackSamurai24,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox 360 controller's R3 button is not functioning correctly. Does this issue occur when you use a different controller? We suggest attempting to use that controller on a different device.
    If the R3 button is not responding, the controller may need to be replaced. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Black and white buttons on 360 controller.

According to the guide I found its Lb & Rb....
    [​IMG]

I have not played it so I do not know if that's right though!. If not I guess its either L3 & R3 (Click in the sticks) or the back/select buttons as they are the only other options.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

How do I unhide games with latest update?

Hello Prisoner,

After a lot of trial and error, I have figured this one out. In order to switch between your list of all games, and your list without hidden games/apps you must press L3 (left thumbstick in) and X at the same time.

This combination should help you see all the games/apps you have hidden. L3 + X

Hope this helps!
  6. Noosebumps Win User

XBOX ONE Controller Dpad

A lot of Xbox One controllers seem to be deficient in some way or the other. My last controller's home and select buttons weren't working properly, and the left thumbstick seemed to make a clicking noise without me pressing the thumbstick's button. It just
    clicked whenever I moved it.

I just got a replacement controller and its D-pad isn't working properly either. I can't seem to get a perfectly fine XbOne controller...
Thema:

(Win10) Xbox One Controller Thumbstick buttons (L3/R3) not working in any game

1. (Win10) Xbox One Controller Thumbstick buttons (L3/R3) not working in any game - Similar Threads - Win10 Controller Thumbstick

2. Xbox controller stuck on player 2/3/4 Win10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller stuck on player 2/3/4 Win10: I've tried EVERYTHING the internet tells me to do. At first, it was on player two then back to one for about a week, then it switched to BOTH 3 and 4. I've looked up every variation of the issue...
  3. Wireless Xbox 360 controller no longer connects to Win10

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Xbox 360 controller no longer connects to Win10: A few months back I used my Zettaguard wireless receiver and connected my wireless Xbox 360 controller to my PC perfectly. I played my Steam games with it and it worked fine. I recently updated my...
  4. Cannot connect wireless Xbox 360 controller to Win10 after fresh install

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect wireless Xbox 360 controller to Win10 after fresh install: I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 after formatting my hard drives. Prior to this I had a Xbox360 controller connected to my PC with the wireless Xbox receiver. After the Windows 10...
  5. xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect to win10 professional version.What should i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect to win10 professional version.What should i do?: i have 2 xbox 360 wireless controller with a PC wireless gaming receiver.But i can't update the driver to connect my controller.Although it works on my laptop with win10 family version....
  6. Elite Controller Series 2 - frequently loses connection for a second or two (Win10/BT)

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Controller Series 2 - frequently loses connection for a second or two (Win10/BT): Hi there - having issues with my Elite Controller Series 2 - I've got it connected via Bluetooth, but every now and then it'll lose connection for a brief second or two, causing the centre light...
  7. xbox controllers performance problem (pc,win10)

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox controllers performance problem (pc,win10): Hello, I bought 2 xbox controller with win wireless adapter last week and playing games since then on pc (win10) with them. I have realized interesting behavior in the game called "killer...
  8. Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10: Hello, So, I have an odd situation. My Xbox one controller won't connect wirelessly to the adapter, but I can connect wired to my PC. It worked wirelessly for months, then suddenly stopped...
  9. XBox Wireless Controller no longer connects to Win10 after firmware update

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Wireless Controller no longer connects to Win10 after firmware update: I updated both of my xbox wireless controllers to firmware version 4.8.1923.0 and since then neither of them can connect to my windows 10 PC anymore. Is there any way to troubleshoot and/or fix...
  10. The configuration of Xbox Elite controller on Win10 LTSC version

in XBoX on Windows
    The configuration of Xbox Elite controller on Win10 LTSC version: As the picture shown below, it says I have to get the windows 10 update of May or later updates and make sure my computer have the latest patches. but my computer is win10 LTSC version , which...